AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-01, 03:51   Link #261
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Now, the eighty million yen question remains: why is Kano's stepmother doing all of these things?
It could be as simple as trying to gain the family's fortune for herself. Maybe somehow discredit Kano from becoming the rightful heir without dirtying her hands. The stepmom would legally gain control of all the assets. But putting Nitta into the whole equation of her scheme is what's boggling.
Old 2011-09-01, 05:14   Link #262
holiday10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
No, Nitta would be called a pimp.

"If a man sleeps with many women, he is called a pimp.
If a woman sleeps with many men, she is called a ho."

The key-and-lock analogy has been mentioned somewhere else already.
Only the narrow minded think that way
Old 2011-09-01, 07:50   Link #263
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@bumbayker
Nitta's probably a random person turned into a fall guy by Kano's stepmother.

@holiday10
Perhaps, but that's what they say.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-01, 08:06   Link #264
Xaturas

Forget all the analogies about keys as you don't like them.
Whats most important that Nitta as typical manga character gets into this situations without his will.
You don't see him going around as his brother and pimping other girls.
They themselves go onto him, he is just to weak to ressist, so he gets fucked around with.
Kano went herself to get fucked.
Nitta didn't ask kano or that short haired chick(the one which screwed with his brother) to screw with him.

The only ones I rememebr which he actively wanted to do with were, the first girl which scammed him, and now its Rumi. Unless I forgot about any other girl which he ACTIVELY pursued for sex.

Now we are in the grey area about kano, was she participating in orgies out of her will or did she do it herself on her own demand.
Last chapter seems like she did it herself without anyone asking her for it.
Old 2011-09-01, 08:16   Link #265
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Such is the ridiculous double standard of a patriarchal society, but I suppose I'm digressing.

Well, obviously. For a man to sleep with many women he needs to be good looking, charming, articulate, and so on. It involves a great deal of work. Now for a woman to sleep with many man she just has to say "yes". That's why one is somewhat praised while the other is openly looked down upon. Not just any man can be a pimp but any woman can be whore if she wants to.
Old 2011-09-01, 11:02   Link #266
holiday10

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Well, obviously. For a man to sleep with many women he needs to be good looking, charming, articulate, and so on. It involves a great deal of work.
How the heck did you come up with that idea? Maybe it was like that back then , but its not like that now. The world has changed a lot and not many people think that only the good looking men are the ones that sleep around
Old 2011-09-01, 13:18   Link #267
Xaturas

[QUOTE=holiday10;3751009]
Quote:

How the heck did you come up with that idea? Maybe it was like that back then , but its not like that now. The world has changed a lot and not many people think that only the good looking men are the ones that sleep around
Depends if you fuck anything that moves and have a pussy then you are quite right. Otherwise its still ain't easy, you need to at least flash some $$$ if you are ugly as night.
Old 2011-09-01, 13:25   Link #268
Khalil

Strangely enough, being slightly rude, or at least a bit cheeky, works really well, but this is neither the thread, nor the forum for such a discussion.
Old 2011-09-01, 23:05   Link #269
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Ok, lets break some stuff down about some possible theories running wild about chapter 25 raw....let me take a deep breath with this one.....
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-01, 23:17   Link #270
Shadow5YA

Stepmother poisons Kano, thereby eliminating the last blood heir to the Kikuchiya business. The stepmother then gains full rights to the inheritance because she is literally the last person left in the family, even if she isn't related by blood. Just as planned.

Or she could be pregnant, which will make her panic and either look for someone to depend on like Nitta or Yuki, or she'll DESPAIR on her own and try to commit suicide, and fail.

On a side note, I find it interesting how Nitta was even brought into Kano's world in the first place. Even if Yuki is an orgy sex friend, he seems to be especially more affectionate with Kano than the other guys, yet it never occured to her to confide in him.
Old 2011-09-01, 23:25   Link #271
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Wow, some people REALLY want this manga to be over huh? DragoZero, it's up to you to get them interested again. Either that, or people want the author's old series or something like it again.
Old 2011-09-01, 23:29   Link #272
Shadow5YA

I'm just guessing that the stepmother is scheming something, or that Kano is feeling down and will run back to Nitta eventually.

Nothing to do but speculate or go on a tirade like darkemo because Kano isn't being a good girl.
Old 2011-09-02, 00:38   Link #273
Xaturas

80-90% shes pregnant.
Now shit will hit the fun, I just hope its not Nittas kid, just for the lulz.
She comes to him and say shes pregnant, and hes like, umm girl when was the last time we did it, cause I'm sure its not mine ^^.
Nah seriously I treat VK as my troll suplement, for adult romance manga I take Nozoki Ana any day. Its more believable ...
Old 2011-09-02, 00:46   Link #274
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I miss Glass no Megami . There was sad moments, but at least it was happier.
Old 2011-09-02, 00:48   Link #275
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I miss Glass no Megami . There was sad moments, but at least it was happier.
Naaaaah its one of those easy to forget softcore romances scanlated by solaris svu.
Read few of them, and most was easily forgotten.
Really looking at it, VK turned into some cheap drama.
I would compare it to that Saigado hentai storry (Boku no Seinen Koukennin it was), where one kid got his parents killed on a ship and is in big debt, then he lives with 1/2 girls. But at least that manga was H, with a story. Where VK is hmmm.
Old 2011-09-02, 00:50   Link #276
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
80-90% shes pregnant.
Now shit will hit the fun, I just hope its not Nittas kid, just for the lulz.
She comes to him and say shes pregnant, and hes like, umm girl when was the last time we did it, cause I'm sure its not mine ^^.
I don't know if YOU were serious or not, but this is EXACTLY what I would like to happen. Nothing against Kano, but my boy Nitta don't need no more damn problems, especially no baby mama drama.

Lets get Maury up in here too....
Old 2011-09-02, 00:56   Link #277
Xaturas

Dunno if it happens though. More or less I know story past 15+ chapter from raws/summarys. So don't know how high was the timeskip from ch23 (kano fun with nitta ?) to 25.
Hope its long enough so that it ain't nittas kid.
Considering VK it would add more soap opera drama. Kanno not finding father (as no orgy friend wants a pant shitting problem), and her coming to nitta, then nitta inner monologues about raising some bastard child.
And we still need to consider the fact, that she PROBABLY orgyfied herself while sleeping with nitta. So if its pregnant, we cannot be 100% sure its nittas.
To be frank I would want Rumi get one to. Then Nitta would have nice dillema, Fake lover who has your child, or some orgy lady with your child.
Hmmm choice is easy.

Ohhh btw reading now translation from that chinese blog.
This particular post made me interested.
Code:
Is this a "velvet kiss," the true meaning of the title? 
 If this is the fluff velvet refers to cancer, then this may a little pathos of the story.  .  .

Last edited by Xaturas; 2011-09-02 at 01:08.
Old 2011-09-02, 04:59   Link #278
watatatow
pottery shop vandal

Maybe she just came back from eating at McDonald's? It's happened to me a few times.
Old 2011-09-02, 05:19   Link #279
Khalil

Well, there is a higher risk of cervical cancer, for women who have multiple sexual partners, due to a higher chance of infection with HPV, and having sex at an early age and using the pill can aggravate that risk, although I can't really see that happening in this kind of manga.
Old 2011-09-02, 06:09   Link #280
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I just found this one from MAL. Its funny and VK fans should see it.

Quote:
Velvet Kiss for seinen category. Yes men(the target readers) are visual creatures but they are too dumb to know that Velvet Kiss is just a shoujo or josei manga in smutty seinen manga skin.
In the "Over-rated manga" thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
borderline hentai, harumi chihiro, manga, mature, romance