Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-26, 21:21   Link #701
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Kotaku: The Amazing Mass Effect Gun That's Actually Real

Our first look at the N7 Assault Rifle... and not only is the design canon, but the pics you're looking at are from an actual physical model

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 21:42   Link #702
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Is that going to be in the game? Or is it just a fan made prop?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 21:43   Link #703
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Thats pretty cool !

Although not as impressive as the older assault rifle.

It even glows how cool is that !?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 11:46   Link #704
killer3000ad

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/27/ma...comment-105373

Like wow, this PC Gamer writer is butthurt that #5 is winning that she wrote this article.
Old 2011-07-27, 12:06   Link #705
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I personally don't have a problem with number 5 and wouldn't mind if they chose it (for the reason mentioned previously) but I'm surprised it has such a huge lead as I half expected people to groan at the thought of a long haired blond protagonist.

Old 2011-07-27, 14:42   Link #706
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post

Like wow, this PC Gamer writer is butthurt that #5 is winning that she wrote this article.
Is it me or does she sound like a lesbian....
Old 2011-07-27, 14:46   Link #707
Who

I got that vibe as well. Except that she goes for butch ladies. So... she might have a thing for the krogan princess?
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 14:56   Link #708
james0246

Quote:

I think the editorial just dissed Buffy. I will not stand for this injustice!

That being said, I agree with the idea presented in the editorial, but I can't help but feel the writer is making a mountain out of an anthill. This design is going to be used almost primarily for marketing and those that do not wish to import their previous characters or the few new players to the series that will not have characters to import. Consequently, the design will not really matter to any of us, since we will have already diligently created our own character designs or we have grown to love the initial designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Is it me or does she sound like a lesbian....
So? Whether she is or isn't doesn't really matter to the editorial (I took her comments as a simple appreciation of the human form). #5 is certainly the least imposing of the designs, and the writer is correct that Bioware kind of sucks when it comes to long hair in their games.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 16:08   Link #709
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Just sayin it, the little comment about being in the locker room was the biggest hint. atleast we have the same tastes, 1 and 2 ftw.
Old 2011-07-27, 17:29   Link #710
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I personally don't have a problem with number 5 and wouldn't mind if they chose it (for the reason mentioned previously) but I'm surprised it has such a huge lead as I half expected people to groan at the thought of a long haired blond protagonist.
I did, actually. She just looks so... common. While the author is making a mountain out of a molehill, I'm surprised and somewhat disappointed that this Shepard is going to win by what looks like a landslide.

Oh well, as long as the other haircuts are in game I'll just fiddle around with the colors and hairs and work my own magic. Box covers ain't going to affect me much.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 20:17   Link #711
Key Board
Carbon

maybe that's why 5 is winning

people LIKE familiarity
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 20:45   Link #712
Who

Or because most of the voters are actually the generic male audience that most video game companies target. Maybe. Just maybe.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 21:13   Link #713
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Most probably don't or wont play as femshep anyway, they most likely just voted for who they thought was the hottest rather than most suitable to fit Shepards character.

Old 2011-07-28, 00:12   Link #714
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
What Drake said. There's a reason tons of women with gorgeous black hair ruin it with bleach and dye it blonde.

Men like blond chicks. Period. End of story. They just do. Blame Marilyn Monroe, blame Pamela Anderson, but to most "bro gamers" (which were probably the ones who actually bothered to participate in this retarded poll anyway) the blond, blue-eyed bombshell is the winner.

#1, 2 and 3 are too sensible and practical to win. Military cuts make sense here, but practicality is not sexy to everyone. Most likely the bro-gamer types saw the images, immediately thought "OH NOES LESBIAN" and moved on.

#4 is, well, you can probably guess why none of the bro-gamer exbawx crowd voted for her. *coughshesblack*

#5 Blond? Check. Blue eyed? Check. Sexy Marilyn Monroe beauty mark? Check. Penis fully erect? CHECK! Obvious why this one is winning.

My Shepard looks nothing like any of the Shepards here. Personally I think all of these Shepards look rather tartish and too sexy to really be Shepard. I've always envisioned Shepard as older, and mine looks older. It's interesting, in how I had her put together in ME1, she looked younger than she did in ME2 (this was an accident of the graphics engine change).

And I fully intend to import my Shepard, and continue the belief that Shepard is in her late twenties or early thirties, has short wavy black hair, dark blue eyes and freckles.
Old 2011-07-28, 06:28   Link #715
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:

I agree with that rant wholeheartedly. Honestly, I'm the first one who is against stereotypes. She can bleach her hair, do her make-up (or maybe it's permanent make-up?) before every battle but still be badass. Why not, everyone has their vanities; maybe it's like war paint for her? The catch is that people just won't see it that way. We'll just see her as a gratuitous mascot, not actually someone who has a license to kick ass. Imagine the default male Shepard looking like a Korean pop idol, maybe then you'll understand what the problem is.
Old 2011-07-28, 07:00   Link #716
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
What Drake said. There's a reason tons of women with gorgeous black hair ruin it with bleach and dye it blonde.

Men like blond chicks. Period. End of story. They just do. Blame Marilyn Monroe, blame Pamela Anderson, but to most "bro gamers" (which were probably the ones who actually bothered to participate in this retarded poll anyway) the blond, blue-eyed bombshell is the winner.

#1, 2 and 3 are too sensible and practical to win. Military cuts make sense here, but practicality is not sexy to everyone. Most likely the bro-gamer types saw the images, immediately thought "OH NOES LESBIAN" and moved on.

#4 is, well, you can probably guess why none of the bro-gamer exbawx crowd voted for her. *coughshesblack*

#5 Blond? Check. Blue eyed? Check. Sexy Marilyn Monroe beauty mark? Check. Penis fully erect? CHECK! Obvious why this one is winning.

My Shepard looks nothing like any of the Shepards here. Personally I think all of these Shepards look rather tartish and too sexy to really be Shepard. I've always envisioned Shepard as older, and mine looks older. It's interesting, in how I had her put together in ME1, she looked younger than she did in ME2 (this was an accident of the graphics engine change).

And I fully intend to import my Shepard, and continue the belief that Shepard is in her late twenties or early thirties, has short wavy black hair, dark blue eyes and freckles.
Allow me to bask in the light that is my prediction, i said long ago that if they did something like this, all hell would break loose..

It would just be best if they overhauled Custom shep.
Old 2011-07-28, 08:46   Link #717
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I don't know about all hell breaking loose I imagine most will shrug and import or make up a custom femshep.

It it upsets people then they're taking it way to seriously and I'd say most people (myself included) would be importing their ME1-2 character regardless of what the default looked like.

Old 2011-07-28, 08:56   Link #718
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's just the usual. People rage on the internet for a while, calm down and then go on like it never happened.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 09:10   Link #719
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Most probably don't or wont play as femshep anyway, they most likely just voted for who they thought was the hottest rather than most suitable to fit Shepards character.
They voted for her because she looks like Samus!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 10:21   Link #720
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
While I agree with the assessment, I have to question why X-Box owners were singled out as being the most racist (or at least most conscious of race) gamer. Is there a survey or study out there I haven't heard about that shows this (I'm not being rhetorical, I'm actually curious if there is such a study - race politics in entertainment can be quite fascinating)?

Whatever the case, I do agree that #4 has gotten less votes due to the colour of her skin (non-coincidentally, I voted for her partially based on her skin colour (I thought it would be interesting to have the two advertisement campaigns be truly diverse)).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass