Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-24, 05:34   Link #1
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Childhood Love Anime

Well, can anybody recommend some anime with this kind of theme? Basically it's a love story that occur between young character at age around 10 or 12. Sorry, i don't have good example about this. Junior high school is OK.

And as usual, please check my sig for anime i've watched.

Any recommendations is appreciated. Thank you very much.

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Old 2008-02-24, 05:38   Link #2
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Kodomo no Omocha or 'Kodocha' is a wonderful show about a child TV star and her life and friends dealing with all sorts of things lik the hardships of child acting, emotions of kids, and relationships. It's a long-ass show clocking in around 102 episodes and I've only seen about 30 but it's an excellent show.
Old 2008-02-24, 07:16   Link #3
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Kimikiss (Mao has fancied Kouichi since when she was young and then she moved to France, now shes back and still has feelings for him)

Myself ; Yourself (Same kind of storyline as Kimikiss apart from its the male who leaves and then comes back, this is a good series but the ending lets it down its feels rushed what to me most 12 episodes series feel like.)
Old 2008-02-24, 07:20   Link #4
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Card Captor Sakura comes to mind, but it's primarily mahou shoujo, the romance aspect is very secondary. Only series I can think of with any degree of romance between chars of that age, though.
Old 2008-02-24, 11:54   Link #5
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
The only anime I can think that fits doesn't have romance as a main plot for half/most of it, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Kyou no Go no Ni. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the female leads of Onegai Twins are 14. Half of the movie 5 Centimeters per Second features a love story between, er, I forgot their exact age but I think it was 11-12. Only Yesterday reminisces a childhood love with long flashbacks. Oh well, just brainstorming.
Old 2008-02-24, 12:09   Link #6
Amray

Sorry, The only thing that I can think of is 'Spirited Away', The relationship between Chihiro and Haku.

Also their could be 'Kiki's Delivery Service'. With Tombo and Kiki.
Old 2008-02-24, 12:17   Link #7
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
I'll second Cardcaptor Sakura, and like the previously person warns, it is really only at the end. Personally I liked the development of the characters over time to that conclusion. (Edit, the same main characters as Tsubasa Chronicles...Sakura and Syaoran, though the focus of CCS is on Sakura not Syaoran, who shows up around episode 8)

Shinigami's Ballad works for the first episode. All of the episodes are stand alone stories. The first one is exactly what you are looking for. (Edit you've seen this nevermind)

Voices of a Distant Star is a single ova that involves two childhood friends, that are separated by space and eventually time itself--that realize they are in love. There's definitely some sad elements in it, but the ending is nothing but amazing. One of the best anime I've seen. Similar to 5 Centimeters per second, which you've seen. I've not seen it myself so I can't make the comparison completely accurately, I just know they share the same director and similar themes.

Mizurio Jidai might be the best suggestion. It is a slice of life story/coming of age story, that certainly has some romantic elements. The animation is very dated, however the storyline seemed pretty solid. Sadly, last I checked only about 1/4 of the entire series had been subbed.

Angelic Layer is another Clamp work like Cardcaptor Sakura. Again most of the focus is on the game in the show, however there's a few dramatic romantic plots going on in the background.

Some Ghibli films have romantic elements going on in the background, Spirited Away or Kiki's Delivery Service, as examples. Not the focus by any means though of either movie.

Princess Tutu
has a pretty strong romance element, from beginning to end. It is sorta a magical girl story put to ballet. I'd never have chosen it for its title in a million years, but a friend pressured me to give it a chance and I am glad I did. The characters don't go to a true school but rather a ballet one, so grade is hard to pin down. It has tons of fantastical/surreal elements. It is one of the few shows that really gets better as it goes along, the first 6 were hard to get through, but after that, it really picks up, and the second season was nothing short of amazing.

Twin Spica is about a girl trying to get into space school. Like most shows, it isn't focused on romance per say, but it is definitely there in small amounts.

Edit: One a side note, if you haven't already you should watch the Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations OVAs. Three part OVA (last part still forthcoming), that is basically the climax of the series to date. Since you rated it a "masterpiece" I figure this suggestion won't be out of place.

Last edited by Telmah; 2008-02-24 at 12:19. Reason: Revising list of seen more carefully.
Old 2008-02-24, 20:22   Link #8
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

I love you.
Looking through the rest, I see that you've Masterpieced pretty much everything I've also Masterpieced and Excellented, though you have more Masterpiece ratings than I have Masterpieces and Excellents combined (almost ten more, actually.)
It still makes me happy, though.

Sorry that I can't help you with your loli-love, though.
Old 2008-02-24, 20:37   Link #9
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post

I love you.
Looking through the rest, I see that you've Masterpieced pretty much everything I've also Masterpieced and Excellented, though you have more Masterpiece ratings than I have Masterpieces and Excellents combined (almost ten more, actually.)
It still makes me happy, though.

Sorry that I can't help you with your loli-love, though.
Oh where can I find this excellent list of yours? Why? So I can flame you over PM for the anime you didn't give 9 or 10 to and I did, duh.
Old 2008-02-24, 20:49   Link #10
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Oh where can I find this excellent list of yours? Why? So I can flame you over PM for the anime you didn't give 9 or 10 to and I did, duh.
Ah, it's not my list, but:

I really only use my ANN ratings as a way to skew results in its top 10 ratings.
[/kidding]
Old 2008-02-24, 20:53   Link #11
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Ah, it's not my list, but:

I really only use my ANN ratings as a way to skew results in its top 10 ratings.
[/kidding]
Thanks, but I wanted to see yours. Answer quickly before a mod sees and deletes our posts.
Old 2008-02-24, 20:55   Link #12
Eviltape

Just pointing out a really old-ish mecha-comedy-romance series: Martian Successor Nadesico. A good dub is still on free On-Demand services in some parts of the USA. (that is, if you live in the USA) Predictable childhood friend ending character that all of you would know in a heartbeat and would be no spoiler - Yurika. Note that the series takes place with young adults, not kids, although the relationship developed around the ages you specified.

There's the currently running True Tears; one of the girls in the triangle has known Shin for a long (?) time. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien's dramadrama stems from when the characters met in high school. Don't remember any series about puppy love, though. Maybe a Hayate no Gotoku! sub-plot?
Old 2008-02-24, 21:04   Link #13
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Thanks, but I wanted to see yours. Answer quickly before a mod sees and deletes our posts.
Oh, there you go, I'm not quite sure it's complete, though. Tell me if you think I'm missing something .

*Hides behind flame shield*
Old 2008-02-26, 05:16   Link #14
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Umm... it's kinda going off topic here... oh well...

I'm appreciate all of your suggestions. However, umm, what exactly i search for is not about umm, how to put it... maybe :
"Love that starts from childhood and then continue..." (Ex. like Myself; Yourself.)
I've looking for :
"Love between two young (not more than junior high school) people)"

Mizuiro Jidai fits this description but i don't recognize it altough i've read the manga because in here the title changes into The Aqua Age.

I've seen CCS also have the complete manga series, forgot to put it... I've also seen Shinigami no Ballad...

Will considering the other titles...

Anyway, thanks again folks...
So, is there's more?

Spoiler for Offtopic:

Old 2008-02-26, 05:46   Link #15
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Spoiler for Really offtopic...:

Uhh... please don't post something like that again... I wish the mods can delete that post...

Old 2008-02-26, 08:44   Link #16
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by furuno View Post
"Love between two young (not more than junior high school) people)"
There are glimmers of romance in this age group in two current shows, Ghost Hound and Shion no Ou. Those of us watching subs don't yet know where these relationships might be going.

Both of these are good, under-appreciated series.
Old 2008-02-28, 05:13   Link #17
AnimeFangirl

Figure 17: Tsubasa & Hikaru.
Old 2008-02-28, 05:21   Link #18
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Once again, I really think that Onegai Twins and Kyou no Go no ni fits, although the latter places more emphasis on comedy. It's really hard to get a mainly romance/drama feel for your preferences, but there will be a good amount with it as a sub-plot of some sort.
Old 2008-02-28, 11:15   Link #19
geki~
noLife
*Artist

Kamichama Karin. When I remember correctly, they are all around 12 or so. I see you have rated Pita Ten with very good so you might like it.
Old 2008-02-29, 02:41   Link #20
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

wow . . . the nearest i could think of is today in class 5-2 and kodomo no jikan (this was more like a 12 loving her teacher?)
Closed Thread

Tags
childhood, romance