AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-11, 23:50   Link #321
Danish78
Thread Lurker

The joy of democracy right? They have the freedom to vote the episode as painful to watch because it was painful for them to watch; and you have decided to complain about them rating it like that because they made Sheryl cry.

I'm not trying to pick a fight (haven't watched ep23, haven't voted). I'm just saying its the freedom of expression working here. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and nobody forbids it being here. Live and let live.
Old 2008-09-11, 23:56   Link #322
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
2 more episodes to go, I wonder if they will finish up in the next episode and the last one will be the aftermath.
Old 2008-09-12, 00:02   Link #323
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Alright folks. It's pretty obvious.
Ranka end.
Ranka end.

That can't be right *denial*

Alto "figures out" why he entered the army.
Alto "figures out" that he has been "pretending" and "acting" all this time...does that mean what he's been "doing" with Sheryl has been acting as well?

Sheryl at beginning of this episode is SOOOOO CUTE!!!! So selfish at times like a spoiled princess or queen, other times like a little girl who just wants some love. And Alto's gonna pick some silly green haired puppy over SHERYL???!???!?!?

RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!11
*$P)O@*)*$)@_*

This image describes how I feel pretty much:
Spoiler:

Ya I'm making this episode a 1/10 too. I think the inner Sheryl fanboy in me just popped a vein from EPIC RAGE.
I mean, if you look at it, the poll says "1 out of 10: Painful." Was this episode painful for me to watch? Yup. I'm being honest here. I could barely hold back my rage and slam the computer monitor in the final scene when Alto's talking to Klan Klan and I realized what was going on.

Ranka x Alto end = DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T MAKE OUR QUEEN CRY!!!
Old 2008-09-12, 00:06   Link #324
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for naked!!!:

Ah man, they censor it
Old 2008-09-12, 00:10   Link #325
ipernorris

As usual you dudes are interested only in the romantic stuff and don't give a crap about the rest...
BTW I think the best way of action to destroy the Vajra's home planet is to make at least one fold bomb exploding on it. Even one explosion should give a fatal blow to the planet. Like what happened to the Galliav IV planet.
This won't happen of course, because Macross it's all about love and friendship, so at the end we'll have bugs making love with humans.
Old 2008-09-12, 00:14   Link #326
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
This won't happen of course, because Macross it's all about love and friendship, so at the end we'll have bugs making love with humans.
That would be the most disrespect that Kawamori can do to the memory of Michel. He must be turning in his vacuum grave in space.

That brings me to my second RAGE: Seems like Kawamori's planning some redemption for Vajra. DO NOT WANT. Vajra are nowhere near the same level as the Zentradi or the Protodevlin...they aren't even sentient individuals. They have no likable personality Just bees and bugs...and to bring any form of redemption to them....I am disgusted by such thought.

The best ending for the Vajra would be to like, drift away and disappear...I don't want some sappy co-existence with humans because they don't deserve it.
Old 2008-09-12, 00:19   Link #327
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Ranka end.
Ranka end.
I rofled. If you really want an Alto x Sheryl end, don't be so pessimistic.

Anyway, just sit back and enjoy the ride and hope that Kawamori wont turn his back and alienate the majority of fandom... also hope that he doesn't forsake all Sheryl's development and the romantic tension/chemistry between her and Alto... and then leave her to end up like Haruka from KGNE as perhaps the most screwed over heroine in anime history.

That would be a pity and a big letdown.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-12, 00:20   Link #328
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post

Anyway, just sit back and enjoy the ride and hope that Kawamori wont turn his back and alienate the majority of fandom... also hope that he doesn't forsake all Sheryl's development and the romantic tension/chemistry between Alto and her... and then make her end up like Haruka from KGNE leaving her in the dump.

You mean sit back and cringe / rage at each passing episode? Then ya I'm sitting back. I too want to believe in Kawamori. I too want to have faith that he won't troll me. But the greater the faith and expectation, so greater the disappointment. So I am going to start with no faith in Kawamori.
Old 2008-09-12, 00:25   Link #329
aneeshadc

I just watched the raw. I didnt understand a lot of things so I wont say much.
But my heart hurts for Sheryl. It was painful to watch her in this episode, so painful, I couldnt help but cry for her. My heart broke a little every time she was on screen this episode,

The way she backs away from alto not wanting him to tend to the wound on her finger & then forcibly putting on a smile, when she tells luca that kindness hurts because she feels like taking advantage of it, flashback of her orphaned little self looking longingly at a family enjoying their meal, her wistful feelings of always wanting to share this kind of happiness with someone special to her, her appreciation of the food cooked by alto, her not knowing how to use the chopsticks, her happily getting herself drunk when she's weeping sad bitter tears inside, her hands held out to alto in a silent plea to carry her to bed in the safety of his arms, her soft desperate whisper asking him to always stay by her side, her stubborn decision to deprive herself of her medicine so that she could help Frontier, her unfortunate overhearing of part of alto & klan's conversation, the single tear tracking down her cheek, her misunderstood belief that alto was with her out of pity, her pained utterance of wanting alto to herself for just a little longer, her launching a paper airplane loaded with hopeless misery,resigned pain & defeat, her acceptance of her impending death & gearing herself to sing for Frontier to her death. There was a shadow of deep pain in every one of her actions in this episode.

I believe she'll get her happy ending with alto at the end of seies. Why, Because She's been hurt enough, She deserves her happy ending & She deserves to have some love in her life. Also, there's been a consistent gradual development of the relationship b/w her & alto & I cant see them just disregarding this. I want to see her truly happy in the end & I want retribution for all the crap that they've put her through.
Old 2008-09-12, 00:28   Link #330
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
But my heart hurts for Sheryl. It was painful to watch her in this episode, so painful, I couldnt help but cry for her. My heart broke a little every time she was on screen this episode,
Then join the "This episode was a painful 1 out of 10" brigade

The more I watch, the more I feel that Sheryl is a strong girl. Much stronger than Ranka will ever be.

But because she is strong, I feel Kawamori's just having his way with her. "Oh ho ho because you are Sheryl Nome, because you are strong, I am going to let you get the short end of the stick and I expect you'll be able to handle it." That's just brutal and unfair. So she's being mistreated because she's a WOMAN who's actually interesting and has personality?
Old 2008-09-12, 00:34   Link #331
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post

Anyway, just sit back and enjoy the ride and hope that Kawamori wont turn his back and alienate the majority of fandom... also hope that he doesn't forsake all Sheryl's development and the romantic tension/chemistry between her and Alto... and then leave her to end up like Haruka from KGNE as perhaps the most screwed over heroine in anime history.

Being from the Mitsuki camp, I'm a bit biased here, but I thought she suffered as well. Overall, the male lead was a complete moron who didn't deserve either girl, and as a result, caused much pain and suffering for both girls.

Not to mention the very odd endings you could get in the game...
Old 2008-09-12, 00:37   Link #332
Wesley84

Quote:
That would be the most disrespect that Kawamori can do to the memory of Michel. He must be turning in his vacuum grave in space.

That brings me to my second RAGE: Seems like Kawamori's planning some redemption for Vajra. DO NOT WANT. Vajra are nowhere near the same level as the Zentradi or the Protodevlin...they aren't even sentient individuals. They have no likable personality Just bees and bugs...and to bring any form of redemption to them....I am disgusted by such thought.

The best ending for the Vajra would be to like, drift away and disappear...I don't want some sappy co-existence with humans because they don't deserve it.
If they're simply animals, there's no point in hating them. If they're not, assess their true nature and intent, and take things from there.

Really, the ones in the wrong are Frontier for not truly appreciating a powerful, but alien race. They don't even give the Vajra the same respect you'd give a bee hive. No attempt to understand them at all beyond dissecting them, and using their own short sighted view on how a lifeform exist and behave.
Old 2008-09-12, 00:41   Link #333
golthin

Quote:
Ranka end.
Ranka end.

That can't be right *denial*
Wow! I can't believe so many people are falling for the trolling that the director is doing here.
You sheryl fans don't have to worry. A ranka end will displace Canvas2 as one of the most shocking endings ever. this episode is only to let us know that Alto had feelings for Ranka (not brotherly feelings). I keep repeating this because it seems people don't go back and read the old posts! Ranka removed herself from the competition in episode 21.
Old 2008-09-12, 00:42   Link #334
sherryyang

i can't believe that alto still hesitates in love-----at episode 22 i even imagined his proposal to my dear queen!!!! now i feel very upset and i am really tired of being tortured by this fictitious triangle love-----without even a hint in previous episodes alto said what he did was for ranka...this is rdiculous

anyway there are only 2 episodes left... i dun care who alto will choose at last ( i think 2 girls are far better than him, in every respect)...i only hope sheryl will recover and live a happy life even w/o alto...anata wa sheryl, sheryl nome da yo!!
Old 2008-09-12, 00:45   Link #335
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I swear....Ranka is an idiot. She sees a Ai-kun like vajra and goes out to it. Wow.

Leon is obsessed with killing vajra and that one glasses girl is just a bit psycho...
Old 2008-09-12, 00:46   Link #336
aneeshadc

Quote:
Then join the "This episode was a painful 1 out of 10" brigade

The more I watch, the more I feel that Sheryl is a strong girl. Much stronger than Ranka will ever be.

But because she is strong, I feel Kawamori's just having his way with her. "Oh ho ho because you are Sheryl Nome, because you are strong, I am going to let you get the short end of the stick and I expect you'll be able to handle it." That's just brutal and unfair. So she's being mistreated because she's a WOMAN who's actually interesting and has personality?
Ya, He's really screwing her over bad, But look at it this way. There's gotta be something good for her at the end of it Because She's a Damn Awesome WOMAN who's mindblowingly interesting, Has a charmingly compelling personality & has been royally fucked with. I'm just more convinced than ever that Kawamori cant give her more shit than that , Nothin can top all the crap he's already dumped on her, so at the end of the series we will see Our Queen triumph, We Better.
Old 2008-09-12, 00:51   Link #337
Danish78
Thread Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
Ya, He's really screwing her over bad, But look at it this way. There's gotta be something good for her at the end of it Because She's a Damn Awesome WOMAN who's mindblowingly interesting, Has a charmingly compelling personality & has been royally fucked with. I'm just more convinced than ever that Kawamori cant give her more shit than that , Nothin can top all the crap he's already dumped on her, so at the end of the series we will see Our Queen triumph, We Better.
Amen to that!
Old 2008-09-12, 00:54   Link #338
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Best anime character ever?

Spoiler for Episode 23 pics in High Res:
Old 2008-09-12, 00:58   Link #339
Wesley84

^ I've seen better CG from H-games.
Old 2008-09-12, 00:59   Link #340
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
What I don't get is WHY did Ranka stop singing. She did see the army of vajra....