AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-01-08, 03:40   Link #1
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
Your Favorite cut-scene / game moment

I went a few pages down and could not find this thread (though I really just skimmed) But whats your favorite cut-scene or favorites. I am also thinking about a favorite story thread but I don't wanna start to many and look like I am spamming!

Mine are the special ending in KH2 and the killing of the hydra in GoW.

I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!
PiccoloUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 05:02   Link #2
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
I enjoyed alot of the cut-scenes in Final Fantasy 8, especially the intro. HERE.

The second intro of Devil May Cry 3 with the Coal Chamber song Devils Never Cry. Its a collage of pretty much every cut-scene and also shows Dante doing all these kickass moves. Reminds me of how sore my hand was after continually doing those moves. HERE.

Silent Hill 2 intro scene with Theme of Laura playing. HERE.
If only this were real

All the scenes from Diablo 2, especially the epilogue. HERE. Perfect ending to a perfect game.

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 05:42   Link #3
jedinat

Yeah Diablo 2 had great cutscenes... I used to get little chills of pleasure as I watched them
I think I bought and played WoW for 200+ hours solely because of the intro video... There's something Bliz knows their stuff.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 06:56   Link #4
Blaat

I love the Diablo 2 cutscenes, I watched them so many times I'm on 2000+ hours played with WoW Stupid addiction.

Anyway I was quite surprised by the quality of the cutscenes in Twilight Princess. Nintendo games aren't usually known for great cutscenes (quite the opposite really)
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 12:25   Link #5
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

With cutscenes, are we talking about FMV or CG movies? Or do in-game cutscenes (the ones using the game engine) count too?

If they do, I have to say that the cutscene after you try to fight Ramirez for the second time in Skies of Arcadia is neat.
Old 2007-01-08, 12:46   Link #6
Lebron
I hear voices

When Aerith died in FF7. Yup, I'm a sick soul, but I just hated her with a passion. Was so happy when she died
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 13:01   Link #7
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
When Aerith died in FF7. Yup, I'm a sick soul, but I just hated her with a passion. Was so happy when she died
Wow...that is sick. I'm guessing, then, that Advent Children didn't have the emotional resonance for you that it did for me.

As for my favorites- anything DMC3, Warcraft 3, Legacy of Kain...in that order.
Old 2007-01-08, 13:03   Link #8
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

oops...double post
Old 2007-01-08, 14:01   Link #9
tritoch

Uhm in Final Fantasy Tactics. Just before battling Hashmalum

Hashmalum: "Master, 'Bloody Angel'... Let me offer you 'blood'
darker than wine and hotter than burning lava!"

Infact, any cutscene from Final Fantasy Tactics would do.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 14:06   Link #10
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
Wow...that is sick. I'm guessing, then, that Advent Children didn't have the emotional resonance for you that it did for me.
Yup, you are correct sir
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 14:09   Link #11
PiccoloUE

Location: 1/3 down the road to life 2/3 twords the grave, where the meet who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
With cutscenes, are we talking about FMV or CG movies? Or do in-game cutscenes (the ones using the game engine) count too?

If they do, I have to say that the cutscene after you try to fight Ramirez for the second time in Skies of Arcadia is neat.
A cut-scene is any telling of the story w/o gameplay. I like the airship fight before the bahumut, that was awesome.

I do to the english language... What Chuck Norris does to your face. Creates it and then destorys it!
PiccoloUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 15:15   Link #12
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
When Link meets Ganondorf for the first time on the bridge outside Hyrule Market in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 17:21   Link #13
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Diablo cutscenes were just creepy...it's like Mortal Kombat with a slightly higher touch of class and logic rather than OMFG BUNCHA PPLZ FIGHTING EACH OTHERZ

But as for my fav cutscene? Not sure...toss up between these three:

1) One thousand words from FFX-2. Very touchy scene.

2) The spring scene from FFX. Awwww.

3) The hot springs scene from FFX-2 when you're trying to get uniforms to get into that Leblanc syndicate mansion...if you go all the way up and stand on a rock, it falls all the way down and then there's a hot bikini scene. Yuna + bikini = thx. Yuna - bikini would be more thx though =P
Old 2007-01-08, 18:03   Link #14
EnigmaticThief
Schach is MAI WAIFU

Send a message via AIM to EnigmaticThief Send a message via Yahoo to EnigmaticThief
FF IX - When the airship fleets of Lindblum and Alexandria rise up out of the mist to take out the many, many silver dragons attacking the Invincible, allowing it to reach the portal above the Iifa Tree.

Sakura Taisen 3 - The deployment of the Revolver Cannon. I don't think Napoleon quite had this in mind when he commissioned the Arc de Triomphe.
EnigmaticThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 11:43   Link #15
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
I like the airship fight before the bahumut, that was awesome.
Bahumut? I don't know what you're talking about. Which ship fight are you referring to?
Old 2007-01-09, 12:36   Link #16
rman0099
On my nut

My favorite cut seen is one most may not even know. Its from Vay on Sega CD when Pottle gets shot with an arrow through his heart as the party tries to flee the water shrine. Yes I know, I am sick. But to my defense I hated that character in the game and a cuople of times even said "I wish he would die!" And then he did.....You really dont have that happen too much.
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 17:23   Link #17
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Yeah Diablo 2 had great cutscenes... I used to get little chills of pleasure as I watched them
I think I bought and played WoW for 200+ hours solely because of the intro video... There's something Bliz knows their stuff.
Heh.. you too..
The cutscenes in Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 (love the angel concept) and the intro pic in wow were the only reasons I played and leveled up, gotta watch em' all =_=
Old 2007-01-09, 20:46   Link #18
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Resident evil 4 knife battle with krauser best cut-scene ever.
Old 2007-01-09, 23:26   Link #19
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
Heh.. you too..
The cutscenes in Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 (love the angel concept) and the intro pic in wow were the only reasons I played and leveled up, gotta watch em' all =_=
The angels in diablo are fugly...come on, scantily clad girls in white with feathery wings beats that any day!
Old 2007-01-10, 00:31   Link #20
monster

Final Fantasy IX - the one that made Vivi go into trance for the very first time.
It's the only time in memory when I actually had tears while playing a video game.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote