Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-08-10, 00:29   Link #5221
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
Bro, I was reading Love Hina and getting to the top relationship level with Koalla Su in the online dating sim before you were spelling the word monga.

Spoiler for I'm Pro:

....Jokes aside....

Rito doesn't have a moment where he progressively does something. The fact that reality warps around him and sends him barreling into girls' boobs and butts just makes him more of a luck-er than an actual person. Its simply not believable. Rito doesn't exist to me: he's more like a force of ecchi nature, a phenomena of dumb luck. I don't consider him a living, breathing, human being. Just like how a speck of dust sometimes finds itself brushing against female nipples or sitting on a pair of used panties.

Raku makes mistakes and doesn't know who he loves because he's a believable protagonist who is inexperienced in love.
Agreed. Since when Rito is a character? He is a plot device to trigger ecchi scenes to satisfy the readers.

Raku may be a horrible protagonist but at least he is a character in the manga.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 00:37   Link #5222
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Naive, you should lurk more.

Raku is the new Rito from the past!Rito if not worse(at least Rito know who he likes), Darkness!Rito is leagues above Raku would ever hope be.

If you say so....

*3.7k Nisekoi S2 Vol.1 BD+DVD in total

*2,732 *2,732 Nisekoi: Vol.2 Limited Edition BD
**,798 ***,798 Nisekoi: Vol.2 Limited Edition DVD
Total 3,530

Wake up boy and be real , sales are below manabi line, meaning... going for a sequel is way too risque for the companies involved if there is no benefit from producing another season .
I honestly like Nisekoi. I think the gags are funny and i don't really need the story to move much, i just read it for the lols. On the other hand i didn't watch anything past the first season of the anime. I didn't even bother with the second season. I still like it but there is no point, from my point of view, to watch an anime when I absolutely know that nothing is going to happen in it. The gags are still there but they are funnier in the manga and honestly Raku animated makes it less funny and more of me taking his character seriously and getting irritated. I watch anime adaptations of manga and light novels because i love seeing the big moments animated.The point where a characters growth culminates in a big moment or two individuals become closer and understand one another a bit better or even a person finally taking a step towards their dreams. Nisekoi doesn't have any of that. That was my reason for not buying the BD this time around. I would imagine others had similar reasons even if they are fans of the manga.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 15:09   Link #5223
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

>Raku
>believable protagonist who is inexperienced in love.

And so is Goku, right?

Even Makoto Ito is more believable than Raku.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 15:26   Link #5224
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
>Raku

And so is Goku, right?

Raku is dense. He deserves the worst girl.

Makoto got a nice boat scene with the worse girl.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 15:57   Link #5225
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
>Raku

And so is Goku, right?

School Days and Dragonball are more believable than Nisekoi, folks. Its official. Totally more likely to happen and much more realistic characters and personalities than Nisekoi. Man.

Wow.

Gee.

Who knew?

I'm being sarcastic. Lol Goku and Makoto? For real? One is flexing muscles for an entire episode, the other doesn't see crazy when it stares him in the face and whispers "I'm gonna kill you".
Old 2015-08-10, 18:05   Link #5226
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Raku is dense. He deserves the worst girl.

Makoto got a nice boat scene with the worse girl.
He got that end because, like any guy thinking with his lower half, he got too full of himself.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 18:31   Link #5227
MAX_COLA_POWER!

*sees the latest posts*It's gonna be a LONG obon week-v-;;.
Old 2015-08-10, 18:45   Link #5228
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
*sees the latest posts*It's gonna be a LONG obon week-v-;;.
All I see is salty fanboys putting Chitoge down because hating on the tsundere is the "cool" thing to do I guess, fighting about which imaginary character is worse between generic dense mc #1, the headless wonder and possibly the worst dad in any series, posts like those are kind of the reason I have been visiting this site less these past few weeks.
Old 2015-08-10, 19:19   Link #5229
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
All I see is salty fanboys putting Chitoge down because hating on the tsundere is the "cool" thing to do I guess, fighting about which imaginary character is worse between generic dense mc #1, the headless wonder and possibly the worst dad in any series, posts like those are kind of the reason I have been visiting this site less these past few weeks.
If you can hit me with a PM of an alternative to take a break at from time to time I'd be grateful. I really like Anime-Suki but sometimes seeing the same people bash good stories and good characters every week gets to me a bit and i need to take a break from it for a while.

Back on topic

Either way I'm quite fond of every female character and Raku is ok i guess. However, I think Raku is just as much a walking plot device as any other harem comedy MC. There are just some things that can't be removed from a harem comedy MC and still have it be a harem comedy. The natural instinct to completely deny the possibility of some characters having feelings for him is one of those. Rito is the walking plot device of ERO and Raku is the walking plot device of Slapstick and funny faces. I don't see the problem with either. We know what kind of story we are getting in to when we jump on the harem comedy train.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 21:24   Link #5230
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Hey, I think Raku is a pretty good.

I mean for a manga that has existed to constantly stall and push back romantic development he's only looked incredibly dense in very few moments, proportional to other romantic stories of this nature.

There are some instances of harems where a MC stares at ladies pretty much leaking right in front of him and still doesn't get that he can hold hands with one. Or just flails around like some idiot if he does start getting some action.

Raku is pretty lax and inattentive for the most part, probably the best sort of romantic/harem MC character disposition there is, IMO.

And anyhow, if Raku is so dense....

Tsugumi is just as dense as he is for not recognizing her feelings for 88% of the story.

Onodera is dense for just not SEALING THE GOD*&^%ing DEAL, lol.

Marika is dense by being so over-the top and only having one speed, 100 MPH.

If you guys think that the guy in the harem mangas are the dense ones, you're being a little too focused/jealous...
Old 2015-08-10, 22:16   Link #5231
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
Hey, I think Raku is a pretty good.

I mean for a manga that has existed to constantly stall and push back romantic development he's only looked incredibly dense in very few moments, proportional to other romantic stories of this nature.

There are some instances of harems where a MC stares at ladies pretty much leaking right in front of him and still doesn't get that he can hold hands with one. Or just flails around like some idiot if he does start getting some action.

Raku is pretty lax and inattentive for the most part, probably the best sort of romantic/harem MC character disposition there is, IMO.

And anyhow, if Raku is so dense....

Tsugumi is just as dense as he is for not recognizing her feelings for 88% of the story.

Onodera is dense for just not SEALING THE GOD*&^%ing DEAL, lol.

Marika is dense by being so over-the top and only having one speed, 100 MPH.

If you guys think that the guy in the harem mangas are the dense ones, you're being a little too focused/jealous...
Oh no, the girls are pretty shitty too, Marika is the only one I like since she is the only honest one(regarding her feelings).
Old 2015-08-10, 22:39   Link #5232
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

If you think harem can't be done right, read "Umi no Misaki". The hero, Nagi, is well aware of the girls' feelings and never spurns them. Neither does he make ecchi advances or fall all over them (for the most part). There is continual progress with each of the girls from love at first sight (on his part), their dislike, indifference, improbable reason they must all stay together, friendship, love, all living together, individual dating, jealousy, idol, little sister, loli teacher and stalker interference.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 23:01   Link #5233
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post
If you think harem can't be done right, read "Umi no Misaki". The hero, Nagi, is well aware of the girls' feelings and never spurns them. Neither does he make ecchi advances or fall all over them (for the most part). There is continual progress with each of the girls from love at first sight (on his part), their dislike, indifference, improbable reason they must all stay together, friendship, love, all living together, individual dating, jealousy, idol, little sister, loli teacher and stalker interference.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for UnM:
Old 2015-08-10, 23:53   Link #5234
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Oh no, the girls are pretty shitty too, Marika is the only one I like since she is the only honest one(regarding her feelings).
Sr but Onodera tried confessed plenty times unlike shitty Raku who like her for years but got no guts.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 00:19   Link #5235
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Sr but Onodera tried confessed plenty times unlike shitty Raku who like her for years but got no guts.
Not to pick sides in this shipping war, but you said so yourself, keyword there is tried but was unsuccessful. Hell, she had this thing licked from the start if Komi wasn't too scared in pulling the triggers, or was it the editors? Anyhoo, this is one series that will not escape the first girl met/appeared, first girl wins trope, no matter how many times we want it not to be so, as I like to call it, Shonen Law is Shonen Law, not perfect, but infallible none the less. Once it kicks in, almost nothing and no one can stop it. And here I just provided the entire amount of seriousness this series as a whole will have. G'NIGH EVERYBODY!
Old 2015-08-11, 01:49   Link #5236
Fairy Water

Im not talking about who'll win, Raku doesnt deserve Onodera (or Marika).
But talk about Domus thinks other girls shitty because they dont dare to tell alound their feelings or sth like that. I just want to clarify the truth that Onodera always unsuccessful when she tried confess because shit always happen to her.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 04:19   Link #5237
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Well, Umi no Misaki is seinen and Nisekoi is shounen. Nagi is someone I can respect because he is not behaving like a complete moron.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 12:31   Link #5238
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Yeah, Marika is well developed in that she knows she luvs Raku, but you can call her dense for only having one level of intensity that is more harmful for her relationship than good.

Onodera is even worse. She even has her own confidant screaming at her to just make the move. It will always be in her grasp, but the question is how stupid she is. So far she's looking to be stupid enough to let Raku go.

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Woah, never said harem was bad or never worked. Its just that this series isn't harem. Its a cruel, cruel illusion that gives the appearance of a harem but never does any of the rational steps that occur in true harem mangas (Umi no Misaki, Sekerei, etc.)

In true harem series the main character isn't being force-fed sedatives to keep their minds slow and drowsy. Thus Nagi is not that bad of a character compared to Raku, but you can't really hate on Raku, he's getting nightly injections from Naoshi.

Of course there are cases where this illusion becomes reality, but until that happens people shouldn't have ever treated Nisekoi as a harem manga. Its not. Its a multiple-relationship tease-fest.
Old 2015-08-12, 01:22   Link #5239
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Yeah because confessing is totally the easiest thing in life, right ? Raku may not be the most interesting MC, but calling him shitty because of that is pretty lousy. Maybe you were born as awesome and the perfect role model in how to do relationships, then good for you.

But the whole deal is similar with TLR. The whole idea with a pre-existing love interest for the MC (and even on a mutual foundation) is imho rather hit and miss as the manga is bound to be over as soon as one or both parties decide to muster their courage to confess or person A starts to be become aware of the (possible) mututal feelings. So the Onodera or Haruna of the story needs to be the shy type or the confession attemps need to be troll- I mean interrupted in order to level the playing ground (or to clear the path for x girl wins trope).
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 10:50   Link #5240
Chosen_Hero

You do know that it could be done in different ways, right? Like they could confess but not get/give an answer due to the other person trying to sort out their true feelings for someone else because they are high schoolers who in reality don't need to get fixated on just one person because different relationships are what helps us form our likes and dislikes and just because you like someone and they like you back foesn't mean you eill end up or last together.

Sadly anime is one dimesional in those aspects and we will always get the "disney-like" story progrrssion and ending of the story and seriously by now everyone on this thread should be used to it, every anime ever will follow the clichés no matter how "original" they are lauded to be.

And while we are on the subject of Raku, I personally dislike him, mostly because if you go back and read the manga or watch the anime from the beginning and take a closer look at his character without the bias of "MC = we should like him because the source tells us he is nice/likeable" he comes off as an a-hole hidden behind honeyed words, he is not the worst but he is definitely average at best.

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life