Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-23, 17:14   Link #1121
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Isabela has some really big ones... lol
I've seen female characters with bigger. When ever someone insults her because of her chest size I roll my eyes and point them to the nearest japanese RPG

her chest is average RL large. Look at tifa or Lulu from Final fantasy, those are some rediculous sized chests.
Old 2011-03-23, 17:23   Link #1122
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Her chest is totally unrealistic for her occupation. For the type of movement that a flashy duelist would use, her chest ought to be smaller than Hawke's!

Athletic fighting women don't have big breasts.
Old 2011-03-24, 00:00   Link #1123
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

well, you cannot really control the size of your breast I suppose. If they grow, they grow. You can however apply sarashi.
As a male I actually find the unrealistic chests to be rather unattractive. I think I would like isabela more if she looks more normal and is not such a whore...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 00:14   Link #1124
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
well, you cannot really control the size of your breast I suppose. If they grow, they grow. You can however apply sarashi.
As a male I actually find the unrealistic chests to be rather unattractive. I think I would like isabela more if she looks more normal and is not such a whore...
Theres a mod i use to give her shorts if you want it just message me on my page.
Old 2011-03-24, 00:16   Link #1125
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I'm saying fit women usually lose the fat in their breasts, making them smaller.
Old 2011-03-24, 00:26   Link #1126
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Eh I've seen athletic women with gigantic melons before. I wouldn't bother with women's sports otherwise.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 03:06   Link #1127
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Still, I really dislike Isabela's design. I know how unremarkable she looked in Origins, but she looks so different I actually did not know it was her in the early screenshots of the games.

I can't stand the scantily-clad, objectified 80s-style fantasy female characters. I like seeing the women clad in massive steel plate!
Old 2011-03-24, 03:28   Link #1128
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Still, I really dislike Isabela's design. I know how unremarkable she looked in Origins, but she looks so different I actually did not know it was her in the early screenshots of the games.

I can't stand the scantily-clad, objectified 80s-style fantasy female characters. I like seeing the women clad in massive steel plate!
So women like Meredith and Aveline are your type?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 07:59   Link #1129
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

Hilde from soul calibur and samus ftw ^^
Old 2011-03-24, 09:25   Link #1130
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

C'mon, almost every single female in the game has a huge chest. It's kinda weird, actually...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 10:11   Link #1131
Irkalla
I asked for this

I just accept the big boobs (Isabela size) as cater for a portion of the straight male audience. Too bad the said audience isn't as accepting towards aspects of the game targeted to other demographics. It's a sad day when you get unmanned in a video game, indeed.
Old 2011-03-24, 11:37   Link #1132
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

"Unmanned"? I must have missed that...

Old 2011-03-24, 12:26   Link #1133
Irkalla
I asked for this

There have been tools on the bioware forum dissing da2 for catering too much the yaoi fangirls and gay people, thus "completely ignoring the majority that is the straight male gamer", haha. Fun times when people actually start to call themselves "straight male gamers", lol forever.
Old 2011-03-24, 12:53   Link #1134
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Last time I checked, the male Hawke can romance Merrill and Isabela just fine.

And yeah, Meredith looks pretty badass. So does Flemeth's new design, for that matter! Aveline... well, she looks a lot better in the retail version than she did in the demo (looked very mannish in the demo), but still not so much.

Still think Merrill is the most attractive of the female characters. It's the accent. Totally. Eve Myles... yummy.
Old 2011-03-24, 14:37   Link #1135
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:

And yeah, Meredith looks pretty badass. So does Flemeth's new design, for that matter! Aveline... well, she looks a lot better in the retail version than she did in the demo (looked very mannish in the demo), but still not so much.

Still think Merrill is the most attractive of the female characters. It's the accent. Totally. Eve Myles... yummy.
My male hawke was forced to flirt with some other male companions just so I wouldnt lose approval =S.
the 1st thing I questioned about Flemeth is: why give her breast implants too?
The Elven face shape and the markings are all weird
Meredith > Avline. I think Meredith will make a good tsundere.

All I wanted is a normal looking human girl who is... well... normal. Just when I turn my eyes to Bethany she has to go become a stupid grey warden.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 14:41   Link #1136
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Just read this ;D
Old 2011-03-24, 14:54   Link #1137
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Idiotic tools that feel entitled enough to speak for a perceived majority tend to make me lose my patience. Nonetheless, there are way too many ill-mannered people on those forums than I care for, anyway. I just go there for tech support and the eventual mod (and there's always the Nexus, for that, as well).

Some of those guys actually frighten me, when I stop to think about their lives...

Old 2011-03-24, 15:08   Link #1138
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
My male hawke was forced to flirt with some other male companions just so I wouldnt lose approval =S.
Anders has always been like that. Play Awakening and put him and Nathaniel in the same party, watch what happens with their party chatter interaction.

Being upset about this is about as silly as saying, "I'm upset that I gained rivalry points with Anders for not supporting his templar-murdering habit."

DA2 isn't designed so you max everyone at full friendship. By befriending some characters, you'll alienate others. I like being friendly with Merrill, which means I basically automatically get rivalry with Fenris. And I try to tell Anders he's too extreme and obsessed with the mages' revenge, so I gain rivalry with him, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
Just read this ;D
Wow, that cracks me up.

Seriously, straight male gamers have no right to bitch. It has only been recently that gay gamers have even been given the option to have a romance in-game that reflects their real-life sexuality!

Very few games with romance plots allow you to engage in homosexual romance, and up until recently, Bioware was just as devoid of them as any other game developer! It wasn't until Jade Empire that we had potential gay romance options--and even then, the camera cuts away before the kiss.

Even after that, the gay options generally aren't appealing to everyone. DA2 isn't perfect, but it greatly expands the options. Honestly, I would like to see Bioware (or any other developer, for that matter) produce an RPG in which any party member can be romanced by a main character of any gender.

People's preferences are different. More options = good.

I'm still pissed off my femshep can't romance Tali, and even the female characters you can romance in ME2 do not give you the "completed a romance sidequest" achievement. None of them are very satisfying compared to the straight romances--specifically the male Shepard and Miranda one, which is obviously the "canon" romance due to the sheer amount of work put into it...

... compared to Tali and Garrus, anyway...
Old 2011-03-24, 15:16   Link #1139
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
People's preferences are different. More options = good.
It’s not more options when they’re all just gay (or bi).

All they did was flip the coin.
Old 2011-03-24, 15:22   Link #1140
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It’s not more options when they’re all just gay (or bi).

All they did was flip the coin.
You think so?

I don't ever play as male characters. I don't like to. I don't identify with them. If Bioware had made all the romances straight, the only options I would have would be Fenris and Anders and DLC guy if I ever install him.

Because I have the option, however, I can go after Merrill or Isabela as well.

In part, however, I do agree with you. I think DA2's cast is too small for many reasons. Because party members do not have all spells or talents available to them (as they did in Origins), I cannot build Aveline into a two-hander DPS, I can't make Merrill a healer and I can't give Isabela a bow.

I think we should have a few more characters... and every party member should have access to all spells and talents of their class. If Bioware wanted to keep them unique, fine, leave out the specialization talents and keep their character-specific tree.

But being stuck using Aveline if I need a tank or Anders if I need a healer is pretty horrible. And playing as a DW rogue makes Isabela virtually useless--it'd be nice if I could give her a bow.

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360