AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-26, 09:23   Link #921
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

After re-reading this series again, I must agree with this :
Quote:
Aya also has some history, but Tsukasa ALWAYS put a little more that Aya, because Tsukasa was less shy and more secure about herself. Tsukasa was important for Junpei the whole manga.
For me, Tsukasa had hit an important flag, thus makes her the winner.

Old 2009-04-26, 11:50   Link #922
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

i have to agree,
that's why i said, the problem which made this manga became so vulnerable against complaints was not because of tsukasa. i didn't see anything wrong with tsukasa

i think, the one who created the leak for this manga to become debatable was the mangaka herself.
if the mangaka just stopped making anymore hints for aya-junpei ending since the middle of the story and focused more on making a strong props for tsukasa-junpei ending, the aya-junpei supporters wouldn't expect that much for aya-junpei ending, and so they wouldn't feel that disappointed, at least there wouldn't be so many people feel disappointed. (in fact, not only she gave a blank hope for the aya-junpei supporters but she also gave such an ambiguous closure for aya. no wonder they complained about it )
and i think it would be better if she gave all those 'fate signs' to tsukasa. unfortunately she gave too much for aya. that wasn't necessary if she didn't want to make aya-junpei ending.
it seems the mangaka didn't have a firm decision and consistency, just like junpei.
Old 2009-04-26, 11:57   Link #923
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Dude, she gave "blank hope" for all of the girls, at one point or another. Your reasoning just doesn't hold together very well. People still complain and debate simply because their perceived heroine didn't get the boy. It's plain and simple - nothing complicated about it.

Old 2009-04-26, 12:07   Link #924
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Dude, she gave "blank hope" for all of the girls, at one point or another. Your reasoning just doesn't hold together very well. People still complain and debate simply because their perceived heroine didn't get the boy. It's plain and simple - nothing complicated about it.
yes, she gave it to all the girls too, but unfortunately she gave too much for aya. that's why many people expected it to happen
and you are right, there's also some unreasonable dudes who complained just because they wanted their fave girl to be chosen, but if it's really just that simple, the number of the complaining dudes won't be this much.
i believe you didn't intend to say that all that much readers are all just an irrational fanboys, right?

i mean, look at us now, right now we are not debating about why junpei didn't choose that girl
you and me also the readers who did't complain about something like that here, but right now we are debating.
and that's why i said, this manga still discussed and debated until now ain't simply because of something like that.

Last edited by Silent Jealousy; 2009-04-26 at 12:32.
Old 2009-04-26, 12:13   Link #925
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Most of the ones whom I've read comments in this thread so far, seem to be the case.

Some others do have a problem with the manga as a whole, not simply the ending - and that's a whole different thing.

But most who complain about the ending do so out of spite for the chosen girl not being Aya. You just have to backtrack through the thread a little and read their comments to notice, really. I, for one, don't really care. That's how the mangaka chose to end her story and I'm fine with it - even if I did prefer another girl, I could see various hints towards the "winning" girl fairly early on.

And also, try not to put words in my mouth: I never said those people are irrational fanboys. In fact, I never used the term fanboy to refer to anyone but myself. Pay attention.

Old 2009-04-26, 12:56   Link #926
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

Quote:
And also, try not to put words in my mouth: I never said those people are irrational fanboys. In fact, I never used the term fanboy to refer to anyone but myself. Pay attention.
well, i never said that you said they are all an irrational fanboys. i said, "i believe you are not intend to".
different isn't it?
so, may i send you "Pay attention" words back to you? (ah, that's just a lame joke from me )
no need to be heated up, we are here are just to discuss. are we cool now?

Quote:
Most of the ones whom I've read comments in this thread so far, seem to be the case.

Some others do have a problem with the manga as a whole, not simply the ending - and that's a whole different thing.

But most who complain about the ending do so out of spite for the chosen girl not being Aya. You just have to backtrack through the thread a little and read their comments to notice, really. I, for one, don't really care. That's how the mangaka chose to end her story and I'm fine with it - even if I did prefer another girl, I could see various hints towards the "winning" girl fairly early on.
i already posted why they complained, and i think it's not that simple (fine, if you think it's just simple, i won't mind )
and what i brought was just a fact and observation about the reason why this manga often assaulted by complaints
if you really don't care, why did you even bother discussing it with me? (ah, that's also a lame joke from me)

it's a common that people have a different thoughts, that's why we are here to discuss, to share our opinion. it's no fun if you and me have all the same thoughts.

no hurt feeling, ok?

Last edited by Silent Jealousy; 2009-04-26 at 13:27.
Old 2009-04-26, 14:04   Link #927
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
lol I think silent jealousy has never been to the macross f sub forums LOL, jesus its like a war in there.
That one I don't even remotely get. Why argue over an ending that was left deliberately open-ended? :P

P.S. Sheryl >>>>> Ranka though
Old 2009-04-26, 14:07   Link #928
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
AYE... Sheryl >>>>>>>>>> all....
Old 2009-04-26, 14:24   Link #929
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
That one I don't even remotely get. Why argue over an ending that was left deliberately open-ended? :P

hm, i haven't watched/read macross f, so i dunno what it's like.
is it also one of the most debatable ending in a manga history?
Old 2009-04-26, 14:33   Link #930
Fran~
floating away...

Based on your opinions... probably yes
Old 2009-04-27, 01:20   Link #931
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

according to some info that i found, macross f started in 2008 and also ended on the same year.
hm, looks like macross f ending isn't as long debated as ichigo 100% (4 years til now, and the discussion is still alive, and that just about the ending, if we include the manga itself, this manga already discussed since 2002, that was such a long debate for a romance manga)
well, at least for now, let's see how it will be in the next 2 or 3 years from now.
Old 2009-04-27, 08:29   Link #932
Nosauz

except macross has many more fiery detractors, its like console fanboys but worse, the comments in that thread devolve so quickly that anybody that goes in there ends up getting sucked into the ranka v sheryl debate even if their just looking to talk about macross.
Old 2009-04-27, 09:01   Link #933
justavisitor

just look at my signature and you would kind of know what macross subforum in animesuki is like...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-04-27, 09:30   Link #934
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This topic is going in circles discussing the girls. Its maddening, lol.
Old 2009-04-27, 10:05   Link #935
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

macross romance thread...
must.not.remember.the.war... >.> It's like that, and I can't imagine how the Shuffle thread went

Old 2009-04-27, 10:23   Link #936
justavisitor

just curious, for those of you have watched shuffle, which character do you like??

for myself:
Ichigo 100%--Aya
Shuffle --Kaede

Just wondering if I can see any trend here between Ichigo 100% and Shuffle
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-04-27, 11:42   Link #937
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

if macross F is really like that, then i'll never ever gonna watch it
i expected more war between mecha in macross not a war between fanboys
the same with shuffle, i won't ever finish that series.
something that caused a 'war' between the fans, lol, i had enough of it.
if i knew ichigo 100% would be like this, i would never ever finished it.
ichigo 100% already caused enough problem, so i think i won't add anymore problem for my simple little brain.
i don't want to be trapped in the middle of the war between fanboys, it's so terrifying.
Old 2009-04-27, 11:57   Link #938
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Really, depriving yourself of watching something that just might be really good because of some some fanboys wrangling bones about it, doesn't seem very mature, either...

Old 2009-04-27, 12:22   Link #939
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

Quote:
Really, depriving yourself of watching something that just might be really good because of some some fanboys wrangling bones about it, doesn't seem very mature, either...
well, i believe all we here are already matured enough to decide for ourself which one we want to watch and which we don't want to watch
aha, you are right, i also think that i'm not matured enough to judge which one is mature and which one is not.
how about you? well if you don't mind, of course
Old 2009-04-27, 12:31   Link #940
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, I know for sure I would not decide on what shows to (not) watch simply because there is some sort of rift between viewers (even more if it's for something like "who the guy/girl gets in the end"). Letting yourself be swayed by what other people think is not a sign of maturity, to me.

And this is completely OT, now.

Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen