AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-16, 12:16   Link #441
NoLongerSane

I really enjoyed this episode. The little "trail by fire" with the archer and catapults was funny. The character developement for Fatina and Jil was well done and I like the new character that was added to the team. I like the fact that Fatina is still miffed about Neeba and Kaaya and sympathize with her comments on having them both be dead in a ditch somewhere. Looks like next episode we get to see what Meltland is all about. Not only that, but it looks like the roppers are going to be in force so that either means that someone is going to get the tentacle treatment.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 12:16   Link #442
Boduar

With all the monsters gone the only real problem would be the amazing amount of snow in the one shrine and any pursuers they have. Other than that it should be pretty simple.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 12:21   Link #443
arkxkra
全力全開

Good episode.

Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2009-01-16, 13:09   Link #444
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
I'm looking at the design changes for the characters. Glad to say that I like Fatina's battle dress and Jil's new armour set. Fatina now looks more like a school prefect than French maid while Jil definitely grew a bigger set of shoulders [the heavier armour pads work].

For ep2 proper.

Spoiler:
Not that there is anything wrong with that

And definitely...when they invent gunpowder you can expect a cannon ball to be flying at Jil...

Only to be deflected

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 13:18   Link #445
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Not that there is anything wrong with that

And definitely...when they invent gunpowder you can expect a cannon ball to be flying at Jil...

Only to be deflected
someone posted it earlier

Sword of Uruk is basically a New Game+

you don't have your mighty Crystal Sword, Radiant Armor and Rainbow shield but you still got all your experience point and levels.

just look at how easliy Jill and co smack around low level canon fodder.
Old 2009-01-16, 14:21   Link #446
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
sounds like even after six months of doing nothing, Jil has (almost) leet skills... I almost because the enemies sound like they were mere cannon fodder

and I'm going to set off the spark again by saying that despite the JilxFatina moments we have right now, we still have plenty of time for JilxKaaya to make a comeback... and if it doesn't it'll just show how much of fail Gonzo has become

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 15:17   Link #447
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
So it's a nice change that we can see Jil show his skills without any support whatsoever.
He must've leveled up. Climbing the tower once before has got to count for something.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 16:48   Link #448
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Is she even a factor for the first half of the tower? In fact, is getting to the Shrine of Sky supposed to even be difficult anymore? Didn't Jil and Fatina go back up there by themselves (possibly with Jil being unarmed)?
I think they mentioned somewhere in episode 1 that the tower of druaga doesn't have monsters anymore and they renamed it to tower of gilgamesh.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 16:55   Link #449
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
I think they mentioned somewhere in episode 1 that the tower of druaga doesn't have monsters anymore and they renamed it to tower of gilgamesh.

all 4 of the 3 knights of Druaga is still around somewhere.

not too mention a certain shortcut. Wonder if they will take that shortcut again
Old 2009-01-16, 17:28   Link #450
Kasn

Any info on him (upper left corner)? Like name, is he magician, fighter or archer? Also it is "him" right?
http://i37.tinypic.com/11awsom.jpg

I loved episode two and I am dying to see 3. The spoon scene and Jil using his new shield are pricles. I wonder if either Coopa or Melt are gonna join Jil. Hope so.
Kasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 17:33   Link #451
JediNight
キズランダム

I liked their "explanation" for how you can carry so much gear in RPGs -- apparently most of it "folds up"

(Shield pops open, and earlier Henaro is seen folding up a cooking pot)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 18:08   Link #452
ThoHell

Anyone else getting the feeling that Jil's dreams from ep. 1 of season 1 was foreshadowing the series but they put it in a comical way so you wouldn't take it seriously?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 18:09   Link #453
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasn View Post
Any info on him (upper left corner)? Like name, is he magician, fighter or archer? Also it is "him" right?
http://i37.tinypic.com/11awsom.jpg
Seems it's name is "Nakia". Not sure of gender, nor class. Judging from the two concept sketches though, I'd say it's a male priest. The "B" sketch looks like standard male long hair (ala Ed from FMA), along with a staff similar to Kaaya's. This is assuming the class and gender was already decided, and the only difference are their looks.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 19:16   Link #454
NoLongerSane

Anyone want to guess what Meltland is all about and how Melt gain the finances for creating something like it. It is also nice to see Coopa apearing in the next episode, though her new threads looks somewhat unnatural on her.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 19:45   Link #455
Voitan

Kai: "SPOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!"

Man, now that Fatina is no longer a virgin, will the tentacle scene have the same effect? Wait till next week!

PS: So long as Utu sports his helmet, he'll survive anything. Also, anyone else get the vibe that "Bystander A" is a nice pair up for Utu?
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 19:47   Link #456
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Anyone want to guess what Meltland is all about and how Melt gain the finances for creating something like it. It is also nice to see Coopa apearing in the next episode, though her new threads looks somewhat unnatural on her.
It's kinda hard to know that when the third episode doesn't air until next week.
Old 2009-01-16, 20:26   Link #457
SinsI

Ugh... What was that episode? (2)
So cheezy it was almost unwatchable!
All the stupid tropes gathered together in one big pile of ... -incredibly dumb villain, useless running away, bloodless fighting, help from friends in the last moment...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 21:16   Link #458
TrueKnight

ep 2,

The Golden Knights are bunch of useless villains with a retard commander on their helm, they're freakingly weak. Either that, or Jil's squad are incredibly broken and overpowered, the heroes of Druaga lol.

Despite all that it's a really fun and enjoyable episode. THe Druaga squad is are broken, Jil scored plenty of badass points, I mean Jil himself deflected rains of arrows, a catapult and a balista for cryin' out loud, Utu is worth 20 warriors combined, Fatina is good at mob-slaying enemies and Henaro as a support. Maybe Ki will become the healer or something. Uragon is there for the comedic relief.

Man I feel bad for Fatina swooning all over Jil, expecting her to be brokenhearted when Jil meets Kaaya. I really like Fatina in Sword of Uruk so far.

Haha, next week is my favourite character from season 1. That's right, Melt.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 21:56   Link #459
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

LMAO at Fatina spoon rape!

I usually hate bratty kids, but loli Ki is made of adorable, I can't help it.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 22:48   Link #460
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Spoiler for Spoons, butts and helemets:

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg