Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-04-17, 15:51   Link #461
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
*sniffles* That's a hard question.

OK Let's give it a try.
1. Full Metal Alchemist - it was the type of adventure that made me say, "Where have you been all my life?" But seriously, great characters, great story, bizarre but fun ending.

2. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Oh man this series was/is so weird! So creepy at some points, so diabetically adorable at others. But such a fun series with a mystery that will keep you so hooked, you'll want to buy the games (or just wait patiently for season 2!)

3. Chrno Crusade - This series was pretty neat. A good adventure, great characters, gun wielding nuns - what could be better? Very good, but sad at parts story.

4. Whispers of the Heart - it's a movie, I know, but I LOVE it. The sweetest love story I've seen in so long.

5. Tie between The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Boogiepop Phantom...OK, so Haruhi wins. Because she does.Very funny and interesting series.
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 02:42   Link #462
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
for me at this time maybe it'd be (in no order, just write what comes to my mind first) :

1. Kanon (2006 Remake)
Perfect story with perfect animation quality. What more do you expect? I love tragic romance story very much!

2. Air
Comment would be same for Kanon

3. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
I think it's the best ever for CLAMP after CardCaptor Sakura

4. Gundam SEED series
Far better than the previous Gundam series, the mecha now are more balanced and well-designed. I like Strike Freedom so much...

5. Negima series (!! & !?)
A revolution in bishoujo world !? Actually "!?" is better.

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 04:02   Link #463
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

1. SDF Macross (incl Do you remember Love). Some truly memorable characters, Some great concepts: culture as weapon, the power of music as a weapon. A truly complicated love triangle and of course the Veritech VF1 Valkyrie. Stands the test of time
2. Mobile Suit Gundam - A lot like Macross in concept IMO, but a lot darker, some really violent scenes (at the time) which really shows what war is really about. Another that doesn't lose much over the course of time
3. MArtian Successor Nadesico - A parody of everything under the sun, some really hilarious moments, a central cast of about a dozen all of whom work well together. A great dub as well. Loveable characters. Shame that Prince of Darkness took out everything I loved about the series.
4 Full Metal Panic Fumoffu - Silly humour some absolutely messed up situations ensure laughter all the way through
5. Ninja Scroll OVA- Jubei gets hammered, he gets beat up, he gets poisoned. Not your typical hero. Great dialogue, Some great villains, Tessai the stone golem and Benisato are some of my favourite villains in terms of dialogue and character design. The sucking of the animated series is beyond belief though.

also recieving consideration
Voltes V
The irresponsible Captain Tylor
Slayers
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 08:33   Link #464
Kai Yukari

1. Full Metal Alchemist ~ The story quite surprised me. Its mix of serious drama and lightheartedness was a huge departure from the anime series that I usually watch. This series is not easy to forget.

2. Ouran High School Host Club ~ I was laughing my head off with this one but despite the comedy there's some deeper stuff that makes this series very interesting and a must watch.

3. Full Metal Panic! series ~ always been a fan of the FMP! series from the first to TSR.

4. Naruto & Bleach ~ both series are very engaging and very hard to drop once you started watching it.

5. Code Geass - it's very unpredictable and I like it.

Last edited by Kai Yukari; 2008-04-17 at 09:30.
Kai Yukari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 20:26   Link #465
Umi

Send a message via AIM to Umi
Whoa this is harddddd.

1. Code Geass - Beautiful CLAMP animation without the typical CLAMP plot. A perfect combo.

2. D. Gray-Man - Allen Walker is love.

3. Fruits Basket - It makes me want to laugh and cry all at once. So I love it.

4. Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle - I dunno why I like it so much...I think it's because of Fai.

5. Yuu Yuu Hakusho - Come on. It's a classic. Duh. Who can't say "no" to Kurama?
Umi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 03:48   Link #466
vasharvin55
BuRsT_AnGeL

ah!my goddess

burst angel

maburaho

trigun

chobits

vasharvin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 05:16   Link #467
Kazu
Flowing

Code Geass-A great series that has more than the eye can see

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni-A great mysterie series it's killing me(if you know what I mean)and is definitely worth your time

Jing:King of bandits: I don't what you people like but I like this series,It was great to the end IMO anyways

Gungrave-Mafia and a bunch of shootimg in later episodes

Shuffle!-Love story,romance typical normal people stuff,then it just gets better
Old 2007-04-23, 14:24   Link #468
arcadeplayer987

Lightbulb

Burst angel
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Alchemist
Claymore
Gravitation
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 15:22   Link #469
#ASprek8#

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ASprek8# View Post

- Naruto
- Death note
- Dragon Ball (all )
I'm adding Bleach and Elfen Lied to my list
#ASprek8# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 21:06   Link #470
ibreatheanime

Eureka Seven
Blood +
Neigma
Cowboy bebop
Naruto
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 22:00   Link #471
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Eh... I'll try, but I can't trust that I've listed these as faithfully as I could have. I can only choose five, after all.

I'm going to take furuno's top two as well. :P

1. Kanon (KyoAni 2006 version)
Wonderful art, lovable characters (especially Shiori), and a touching story. I've become a sucker for romance/drama/tragedy since the following

2. Air
You know, I'm just going to put Air here and say that it and Kanon can share first place. Same reasons - loved the story, the art, and the characters. It even inspired the purchase of my first anime figure! (Misuzu-cha~n!) And heck... any story that can make ME cry is damn good in my book.

3. Canvas 2 ~Niji Iro no Sketch~
While the ending could have been handled better or drawn into another few episodes, I still adore the characters, the love story, and all of the subtle hints provided along the way. The explanation of colors and their use in the episode for focused details also caught me as interesting, and I'd like to see more things like it.

4. Ai Yori Aoshi
Although I do prefer it in its manga form, I'll list it here. Many elements of the anime are so far removed from its labelled genre that I sometimes wonder how it came to be called a harem anime. Kaoru especially, in both his ability to not be an idiot, correctly help others, and remain dedicated to Aoi-chan. Yay lovey stuff!

5. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/A's/StrikerS
A magical girl anime that... doesn't seem to be one, really, especially after the first series. Cute little characters with awesome visual effects for spellcasting. And while not the most manly way to go about seeing big explosions, I'll take it for that as well.

There are soooo many more I wish I could add onto the list, but I'll have to remain content with this for now.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 00:49   Link #472
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

1. Tied between:
Fate Stay Night- simply amazing story, and Saber's character is absolutely incredible. Definitely amazing BUT it requires you to do research after the anime ends in order to learn the full story...
Kanon 2006- Amazing animation (its Kyoto) incredible characters, touching story. It IS the best romance anime ever. Uguu~~

3. FMA- amazing story, amazing character design, great story(better than manga i would say). The movie ends the story so well.

4. Elfen Lied- Despite the excessive violence and needless nudity, the plot of this anime is so good its unbelievable. The music is also beautiful and epic, i just wish it was a tad longer tho

5. Tsukihime- Even though it killed the game's story it still remains an excellent anime, cant say much more since its all spoilers :S
Old 2007-04-24, 03:07   Link #473
A_AQUARE

school rumble the 1st season,dun really like the second

fate stay night-my opinion bout the same wit HurricaneHige but i like the battle btween archer n beserker althou he died

chobit well got nothin 2 say but like it

gundam seed- i like the machines in it n also cause it looks better than the previous ones

well i can say these r the best but then ok 4 now i haven watch a lottttttttttttt of animes 2 make the desision yet.... 2 much anime... head gonna explode n looks like i got more animes 2 watch now(know it from tis forum) so thx everyone
A_AQUARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 15:48   Link #474
saito17

............i'm looking for a romantic anime such as ;Zero no Tsukaima. or ichiago 100%...pls respond.pls!! O.O
saito17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 17:41   Link #475
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Kanon 2006 hands down :P

or u can try Shuffle!
Old 2007-04-24, 18:32   Link #476
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by saito17 View Post
............i'm looking for a romantic anime such as ;Zero no Tsukaima. or ichiago 100%...pls respond.pls!! O.O
I think you must go to this thread and look here/or create your own ---> Suggestions Thread
Old 2007-04-24, 18:46   Link #477
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
  • Berserk
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Death Note
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Gungrave

Not inl order, my top 5-10 changes depending on my mood.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 19:07   Link #478
evenex

Since the last time I posted on this thred I started watching more animes and now my top 5 have completley changed

1.FMA
2. Darker Than Black
3.Air
4. Code Geass
5. Slam Dunk
evenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 05:38   Link #479
theDarkHorse
at what speed must i live

Wah...only 5? It's so hard to decide...

1: Haibane Renmei. A truly inspiring series. Unique artistry, beautiful soundtrack, compelling story. Yep, this is number one for me.

2: Kino no Tabi (Kino's Journey). Really thought provoking, while still holding the viewer's attention. Plus, what a cool head Kino has.

3: Last Exile. Hello? Vanships? Aerial battles? That not enough for you?

4: Porco Rosso. I didn't think a Top 5 list should go without a Ghibli production. I liked Porco because it's one of the more subtle movies by Miyazaki, which is probably also why it's received less attention, than, say, Totoro or Spirited Away.

5: Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho (The Place Promised in our Early Days). It's pretty! And it has a decent storyline! (Which has a few gaps, but then again in any sci-fi film stuff is always left to the viewer's imagination.) And it's by Makoto Shinkai!

Anime that just missed out: Serial Experiments Lain, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, KareKano.
theDarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 13:42   Link #480
jianfish
Looking for something

Hmm... My Top5 no in any order of merit.

1. School Rumble: A classic. THE school based anime. One of the best comedy as well. Great love triangle, Flag or Onigiri would go on forever and its so balanced. Just love the storyline and I will be really sad when this anime ends.

2. FMA: Dark and Deep and no apologies about it. Made you think, cringe and cry. You'll cheer the Elrics along and wonder if there is such thing as salvation at the end.

3. Gundam Seed: One of the best anime of the Mecha genre. Engaging storyline. Its popularity speaks for itself.

4. Eflen Lied: Amazing how you could have such a good anime in just 13episodes. Accomplishes what other anime could never do in 100episodes. Superb character development and makes you feels as though you have been with them for way more than 13episodes. One of the best kisses in Anime-kingdom as well. Nyuuuu...!

5. Mushishi: An acquired taste perhaps. Probably different from most of the anime you ever watched. Philosophical even. I catch one and just one episode a night before I sleep. I recommend you do the same.

List may change when newer animes do come out. But they have to do pretty much to usurp those listed.
jianfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lists, top five