Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-16, 21:58   Link #981
Razdent

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Images
gifs
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Razdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 22:27   Link #982
monir
cho~ kakkoii

From the first gif it seems there are some good CG animation there. Very much looking forward to episode 11.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 22:55   Link #983
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Ayaka in that form always reminds me of Evermillion.

I love how the quality of the character designs remain consistent and on top. I haven't spotted a noticeable bad one since the start of the show. Props to the anime's character designer.
Ironically the anime character designs are exactly the same as the manga designs, just less detailed.

Which is to be expected, since they are animated, not just stills.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 03:53   Link #984
kujoe
from head to heel

I think the fact that the character designs are still imaginative, diverse and clear despite being simplified for the anime adaptation is a testament of how well designed the characters are. The author has clearly put some thought into them.

Visually, everybody stands out in their way, and you can tell a lot about a character just by their looks and mannerisms alone. There are no standard issue wands here, and only the Workshop witches seem to have a minor uniform requirement—if you can even describe a witch's hat and cape as such. Accessorizing, personal touches here and there, and some have strange hobbies that add a bit of a 'gap' from typical expectations (e.g., Kazane with her wooden dolls, Honoka and his penguins). Everybody is dressed according to their own style and everybody uses different speech patterns, and even use different schools of magic. Heck, even Honoka stands out by virtue of his 'normal-ness' that sets him apart from his now crazy world, who also obviously serves as a contrast and complement to the tall and cold Ayaka. (That, and he and Mikage-sensei are the only prominent males who possess magic in the story so far.)

WCW would get high marks in the character design category from me. The character design is everywhere... in a good way, that is.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 07:13   Link #985
EroKing

Old 2014-03-17, 12:28   Link #986
ookamigirl

Seeing Takamiya's mom & Kazane way-back-when was fun.
Now I get why she likes Kazane so much ^^
The whole hanging out with Mikage was weird.
Didn't quite get the point of it.
Guess it was a part of the healing process.
Ayaka was pretty busy with her own problems.
Things are quite chaotic at this point.
Wonder what they'll do in the final episode?
Should be good.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 16:21   Link #987
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
The whole hanging out with Mikage was weird.
Didn't quite get the point of it.
Guess it was a part of the healing process.
He was "hanging out" with Mikage cause I'm fairly certain he got kinda lost in all the memories of the city (which I think he could actually get lost in permanently) and previous contractor, and Mikage kinda brought him back which apparently happens to be his kinda world. I think it was more he was just kinda showing him the "ropes" of what is to be expected now that he is the benefactor of the city like the star room of which represents (is) the people of the city.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 18:00   Link #988
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't understand what Ayaka did. She stripped Honoka and wore his shirt, and that apparently gave her a boost in mana... how come? I thought she couldn't get any power from him if they were too far apart.
Old 2014-03-17, 18:21   Link #989
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't understand what Ayaka did. She stripped Honoka and wore his shirt, and that apparently gave her a boost in mana... how come? I thought she couldn't get any power from him if they were too far apart.
It either:

A. Had traces of Evermillion's power on it because she is inside Honoka. His body is a vessel for her so it would make sense that stuff he wears has traces of Evermillion's mana all over it.

Or

B. Was like the ear-picking scene where Ayaka simply gets really fired up from weird stuff like that, as long as it was Honoka.

To be honest, it might be a combo of both, haha
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 19:05   Link #990
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
In the manga even Weekend protested that it was "cheating" and that "this isn't how magic is suppose to work!"

I think we are just going to assume Ayaka broke some laws of magic by doing what she did, or that she accidentally discovered some new channelling technique previously undiscovered by magic scholars.
Old 2014-03-17, 21:03   Link #991
kagato3

it's the power of love. the most powerful magic fuel source there is. Why focused into a beam it is capable of mass destruction on a godly scale.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 21:07   Link #992
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In the manga even Weekend protested that it was "cheating" and that "this isn't how magic is suppose to work!"

I think we are just going to assume Ayaka broke some laws of magic by doing what she did, or that she accidentally discovered some new channelling technique previously undiscovered by magic scholars.
If we have to name it would be "yandere power!!!" >_< I mean, if Yuno from future diaries can get inhuman dexterity and strength to protect her useless male lead, why can't Kagari extract some more magic/mana/prana points from being in contact with a shirt worn by the love of her life? I mean, we have already seen in the anime (and in the latest manga) what "imouto power" can do >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
it's the power of lust. the most powerful magic fuel source there is. Why focused into a beam it is capable of mass destruction on a godly scale.
There, corrected it for you
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 22:05   Link #993
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I remember reading this part in the manga and seeing comments on it afterwards like "Kagari should have taken his boxers too". Imagine the boost in power, lol.
Old 2014-03-17, 23:07   Link #994
kujoe
from head to heel

It reminds me of a folklorish superstition that if you find yourself lost somewhere and keep ending up on the same spot you've passed by before, you should wear your shirt on its reverse side to break the loop.

Perhaps by wearing Honoka's shirt, Ayaka was in fact able to force their contact and connection out of sheer belief. Then again, it could also be a placebo of sorts, or she simply considered it a charm to help her in battle. Or... maybe just never get in the way of a woman on a mission.

...which also brings me to Weekend, who ironically proves to be their greatest opponent so far despite her being weaker in magic compared to the likes of Kazane or Chronoire.

She prepared for months, planted all her bombs in all the right places, and came up with a bold plan. She went full Batman on Kazane and kept her out of the game to buy herself some time. Weekend has gambled everything for this one chance to capture Honoka and acquire Evermillion. It's the classic setup of the conflict between the powerful hero vs. the devious, scheming villain.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 01:00   Link #995
Jerseykid

12:32 to 12:36 had a really cool point of view shot. It was immediately like "wow", I wish they would use that more.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 02:52   Link #996
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
It reminds me of a folklorish superstition that if you find yourself lost somewhere and keep ending up on the same spot you've passed by before, you should wear your shirt on its reverse side to break the loop.

Perhaps by wearing Honoka's shirt, Ayaka was in fact able to force their contact and connection out of sheer belief. Then again, it could also be a placebo of sorts, or she simply considered it a charm to help her in battle. Or... maybe just never get in the way of a woman on a mission.

...which also brings me to Weekend, who ironically proves to be their greatest opponent so far despite her being weaker in magic compared to the likes of Kazane or Chronoire.

She prepared for months, planted all her bombs in all the right places, and came up with a bold plan. She went full Batman on Kazane and kept her out of the game to buy herself some time. Weekend has gambled everything for this one chance to capture Honoka and acquire Evermillion. It's the classic setup of the conflict between the powerful hero vs. the devious, scheming villain.
That is what I admire about Weekend. Unlike the other tower witches she plans her moves well and doesn't mess around. It's like she's the hidden boss/true villain and all the others who've attacked Honoka up to this point were just posers. Some are literally comic relief *cough* KMM *cough* .
Old 2014-03-18, 08:50   Link #997
kagato3

Just back ground on the world from the author is that whitches with the title of End are not ones to be trifled with.
Kazane is Bad End
Chronoire is Dead End
Now they are faceing WeekEnd (or maybe it should be Weak End)
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 09:31   Link #998
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
I remember reading this part in the manga and seeing comments on it afterwards like "Kagari should have taken his boxers too". Imagine the boost in power, lol.
Then she could divide the world by zero.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 11:02   Link #999
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Let's not forget that under that cool exterior Kagari is a raging volcano, there is no way that after taking his underwear she would not pop his cherry, albeit doing the ecchi before going to fight the big bad boss is an universal death flag
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 11:11   Link #1000
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Let's not forget that under that cool exterior Kagari is a raging volcano, there is no way that after taking his underwear she would not pop his cherry, albeit doing the ecchi before going to fight the big bad boss is an universal death flag
No, proposing or hoping marriage before a war is the death flag. Raping someone(Honoaka) doesn't counts.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, witches