AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-07-04, 17:00   Link #1681
Bri

Well, it was entertaining, although I'm not quite sure if it was football or MMA.

I wonder if Germany can handle the Brazilian intimidation tactics better.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 17:03   Link #1682
Sakuratsuki

They didn't deserve the second goal at all. I hesitated a little bit but I'm sure right now, Brazil doesn't deserve to win this WC. I don't think it's weird to say, the Spanish referee did get a call from FIFA before the match, saying to him: Brasil tiene que ganar lo comprendes? (Brazil needs to win, do you understand this)
Old 2014-07-04, 17:07   Link #1683
karuroso

wow sad for Colombia they couldn't win even with the ref helping them D=
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 17:08   Link #1684
Mentar
Banned

I'll have to concede that throughout this world cup, I can't remember a single referee decision of importance where Brazil was disadvantaged. It smelled.

There should have been 4-5 yellow cards against Brazil. How they were able to manhandle James unopposed was shameful.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 17:11   Link #1685
Preciize
Them Feels~

Hope Neymar will be alright. It's sad to see that people are wishing the worst for him ...
Old 2014-07-04, 17:11   Link #1686
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'll have to concede that throughout this world cup, I can't remember a single referee decision of importance where Brazil was disadvantaged. It smelled.

There should have been 4-5 yellow cards against Brazil. How they were able to manhandle James unopposed was shameful.
That's why I see Brazil hoisting the trophy in the end. To avoid getting impacted in any way by possible refereeing decisions you have to blow them out. But unfortunately Brazil's too good to get blown out. And they have the luck factor on their side with Chile's last shot hitting the bar instead of the goal.
Old 2014-07-04, 17:11   Link #1687
Sakuratsuki

Colombia could have won this match if they played good football from the start like they always do. They started to pressure Brazil just after the 2-0. Why waiting till that time? Colombia is a little bit to blame for this loss and of course also the referee for helping Brazil.
Old 2014-07-04, 17:13   Link #1688
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

in the end, its still all the favorites who win, despite all the amazingly close games for the underdogs.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 17:13   Link #1689
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

errr...how about last game >two< penalties and one legitimate goal ? And also did you saw what they did to Neymar? that was red card easy
Old 2014-07-04, 17:14   Link #1690
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Let's not get into the corruption and conspiracy discussion. We all know FIFA stinks of corruption after how they awarded Qatar the 2022 WC but there's no real evidence of match tampering yet. The more you dig into this line of the thought, the more you will hate football
Old 2014-07-04, 17:15   Link #1691
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Is just unbelievable, I haven't seen this level of cheating from part of the refs since 2002..
They aren't even subtile, they go ahead with it and don't give a shit if people call them out, since there's no way in hell a match will be replayed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
errr...how about last game >two< penalties and one legitimate goal ? And also did you saw what they did to Neymar? that was red card easy
Brazil: 8 fouls in the first 8 minutes of second time = No cards.
Gk Commits a penalty clear as day and goes to kicking the striker = Is only booked.
Fred dives = James Rodriguez gets a yellow card and the free kick form that play results in a goal
Yepes scores = But of course it's an illegal position...

And I could go on...
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 17:17   Link #1692
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Let's not get into the corruption and conspiracy discussion. We all know FIFA stinks of corruption after how they awarded Qatar the 2022 WC but there's no real evidence of match tampering yet. The more you dig into this line of the thought, the more you will hate football
It's not on the level of a conspiracy theory anymore. This is just too obvious.
Old 2014-07-04, 17:17   Link #1693
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
What are you talking about? Howard Webb called an excellent game last time. Hulk wasn't really fouled and he did use his hand to stop the ball when he hit the net.
Old 2014-07-04, 17:23   Link #1694
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
What are you talking about? Howard Webb called an excellent game last time. Hulk wasn't really fouled and he did use his hand to stop the ball when he hit the net.
dude if you call that game against Chile a great game then Its better if I say nothing =X anyway now I wanna see what Brazil gonna do without Thiago Silva, that was stupid
Old 2014-07-04, 17:23   Link #1695
Bri

Howard Webb would have given 20 yellow cards and 4 red cards or so. This game had more fouls than the 2010 world cup final and the ref still probably missed half of them.
Old 2014-07-04, 17:25   Link #1696
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
dude if you call that game against Chile a great game then Its better if I say nothing =X
Well, it's not only me who gave Howard Webb a good grade. International sports papers also acknowledged his performance. It was very good, especially considering how heated it was. But okay, you are a Brazil fan so no need to say anything.
Old 2014-07-04, 17:31   Link #1697
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Is just unbelievable, I haven't seen this level of cheating from part of the refs since 2002..
They aren't even subtile, they go ahead with it and don't give a shit if people call them out, since there's no way in hell a match will be replayed..

Brazil: 8 fouls in the first 8 minutes of second time = No cards.
Gk Commits a penalty clear as day and goes to kicking the striker = Is only booked.
Fred dives = James Rodriguez gets a yellow card and the free kick form that play results in a goal
Yepes scores = But of course it's an illegal position...

And I could go on...
Number of fouls doesn't mean anything. It's about what kind of fouls they were.
What Julio Cesar did definitely did not warrant a red card imo.
I agree with the call on Rodriguez and the dive ... it was questionable.
Yepes was offsides. There was even a replay.

Not saying the ref wasn't being biased, but Colombia would have won if they made it clear that they were the better team. They didn't. The ref already screwed Brazil by booking Thiago Silva. I don't understand where all this complaining is coming from (in this particular game).
Old 2014-07-04, 17:42   Link #1698
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

It did warrranted a red card, the guy forgets about the ball and goes with both feet at Bacca's knee...
The ref booked Silva because you CAN'T INTERFERE WITH THE KEEPER'S CLEARANCE...
Also, there's a criteria called "reiteration of fouls" and there were players (Marcelo and David Luiz, cough cough) with at least 3 fouls one after another.
But hey, Brazil didn't get help..

Also, to finish this topic:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 17:47   Link #1699
ChampDream
Alive

I'm sad that Colombia lose, but I'm proud for what the team have done in this world cup and I just give them a cheer for the perfomance since is the best perfomance of Colombia in a world cup.
Now we start the match playing a little scared and I think Ibarbo and Guarin should not have play this match, specially Ibarbo. About the ref I can said he did a bad job in general and I'm not going to use him as a excuse for the lose, but he make the match seem kinda like MMA and not football.
Old 2014-07-04, 17:52   Link #1700
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Not saying the ref wasn't being biased, but Colombia would have won if they made it clear that they were the better team. They didn't. The ref already screwed Brazil by booking Thiago Silva. I don't understand where all this complaining is coming from (in this particular game).
The referee allowed Brazil to go full thug mode to break up the opponents game and turn this in to a scrappy match. This put Colombia at a disadvantage, particularly when their key player Rodríguez, was continuously fouled with impunity. Had the ref issues a few cautions early on, this might have returned in to a normal game of football instead of street fighting.

Normally these type of tactics are costly in terms of cautions and send offs, but with the abnormal restraint refs have shown so far this tournament (FIFA instructions?) it was only a matter of time before it would escalate.