AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-29, 12:44   Link #1621
AlaAlba

^ lol, I think I have to agree with you two, but not on bakemonogatari, I neither like nor hate bakemonogatari, but I really hate the author's other works, which is medaka box. I hope it won't get an anime. hell, I hope it get axed asap.
Old 2012-01-29, 13:08   Link #1622
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
but I really hate the author's other works, which is medaka box. I hope it won't get an anime. hell, I hope it get axed asap.
Medaka Box was announced to be adapted into anime by Gainax, which will air this April. Why do you hate Nisio Isin's other works ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-29, 14:00   Link #1623
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Also there is also something ongoing with the Medaka Box's manga in which one character is trying to end the manga before the anime starts (stupid breaking the 4th wall jokes). So unless that statement was a joke, the manga is probably ending.
Old 2012-01-29, 14:02   Link #1624
Tenchimizaki182

I can`t stand naruto,i really think it`s a pile of garbage.
Old 2012-01-29, 14:06   Link #1625
hyl
reading #hikaributts

To be honest, this topic seems to like a bait for baseless hate for certain animes or genres. Like the post above mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchimizaki182 View Post
I can`t stand naruto,i really think it`s a pile of garbage.
Old 2012-01-29, 14:48   Link #1626
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Also there is also something ongoing with the Medaka Box's manga in which one character is trying to end the manga before the anime starts (stupid breaking the 4th wall jokes). So unless that statement was a joke, the manga is probably ending.
Wait, really? I saw that on somebody's signature here, but I figured somebody had modified the text as a gag or something.
Old 2012-01-29, 15:03   Link #1627
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I think it was in chapter 127 of medaka box when the declaration was made.
Old 2012-01-30, 05:48   Link #1628
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Hands down the franchise that most comes to mind when I look at this topic is the Monogatari series. Oh my goodness this franchise. I've said before in this thread that I normally don't really hate a franchise because it's not really worth hating a franchise, but that was before I really sat down to watch Bakemonogatari and it proceeded to set my teeth on edge in a way I never thought possible for an anime to do before.

I honestly can't think of a single thing that I find redeeming about this franchise in the 8 episodes I watched of Bakemonogatari. The characters all feel like products that are being marketed at me in how they are put on display and I didn't like a single one of them but for Meme Oshino who unfortunately has the least amount of screen time. The rest all manage to be incredibly annoying and undesirable to me in a way that I've rarely experienced with anime. The dialogue to me is just plain awfully written, parsed and nonsensical in the extreme and yet seems to go on aimlessly for minutes at a time with nothing being accomplished for it, the direction is distracting at best, dizzying and nausea inducing at worst with the constant camera angle changes and cuts to random text, and the music basically amounts to little better than looping bleeps and bloops that the NES soundchip could put to shame. This all led to one incredibly unpleasant watch that varied at best to me laughing at what was transpiring and asking if this was really what they were going with and at worst just plain groaning and checking the time every 30 seconds or so to see when the episode would finally end and release me from the inanity.

Yeah...just really nothing redeemable about this franchise to me whatsoever, yet everyone else seems to love it and it's one of the most popular anime franchises of all time so there you go.
Hahaha, I think most people that like the series like it for the same reasons you hate it. Funny how things are, right? I read some of the light novels, and the story is fine (I read Kizumonogatari). Personally I like the anime because they made something weird, and for me, unexpected.

Now back on topic, one recent series I did not like and most seemed to was AnoHana. I felt it was too slow and melodramatic. It was supposed to be a drama, and I knew that before hand, but still, I did not like it.
Old 2012-01-30, 06:45   Link #1629
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Mm, I can understand where Kaioshin is coming from on Bakemongatari. At the point where he was at, I had a lot of the same issues. I too had no love of the characters and there were many parts where the anime looked like shit visually. Sure artistic tricks work, but Gainax from 1996 called and want their budget slashing tricks back!

Overall, I think the second half did a lot better when it started connecting itself with plot elements in the first half. There was also funny shiz that kept the show afloat for me, so it ended up on the positive end for me, and Nisemongatari seems to be a better show to me.

Oh, but since this is a hater's thread:

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works

I have no idea how this POS is rated so highly on MAL and ANN. Even if you could term this plotless, directionless, thoughtless piece of shit as a gift to the fans, it may just be too low quality to pass off. It wasn't even eye candy if you go by movie standards. Nanoha movie kicks the shit out of it! Sure, it looked better than Fate/Stay night anime, but that wasn't exactly a high standard to begin with. Look at KnK or even Fate/Zero which isn't a movie... UBW is an utter joke.

In the end, it just ended up as a clip show. The first 5 minutes that were insanely rushed, came the closest to achieving any kind of narrative structure. Most of the time you were wondering "who the fuck are these people, and how did they..." It fails to answer the questions of "Who, what, when where, and why" It doesn't know what it's doing. It barely qualifies as some slightly enhanced clipshow. It is only a movie by a technicality.

Oh and CGI dolphins. Maybe the best part!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-01-30, 06:52   Link #1630
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
My number one hated anime: K-On. I fucking hate, hate, HAAAAATE K-On. My -GAWD- I that hate that damned series! I completely and utterly loathe it to no end. I could explain why, but I don't want to get into it (unless someone really must know).
Oh God! I can't understand why some people dislike K-ON! like you...oh no ! I must really know why do you hate K-ON! : probably because it was supposed to be music-centered like Beck, however it was rushed into generic girls' school slice-of-life, don't you ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-30, 06:55   Link #1631
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Oh God! I can't understand why some people dislike K-ON! like you...oh no ! I must really know why do you hate K-ON! : probably because it was supposed to be music-centered like Beck, however it was rushed into generic girls' school slice-of-life, don't you ?
It was never that heavily music centred if you have read the 4-koma manga. So in a way some people can think it's an overrated slice of life with it's main selling point being the moe characters.
Old 2012-01-30, 07:54   Link #1632
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I'm explaining why Deen has so much hatred towards anime fans because of poor animation and screwed stories. The reason was due to the fact that Deen butchered Violonist of Hamelin
I don't often comment on animation and artwork in shows unless it's really bothersome, but DEEN's work on Shion no Ou exceeded my threshold of acceptance. The show started off well enough, but it appeared the good animation team responsible for the early episodes got transferred elsewhere, and Shion was left holding the bag. They especially seemed to have a problem with drawing noses like this. I also found it strange that a supposedly wealthy character like Nikaido had such an ugly wardrobe. She was often dressed in outfits that looked like they had come from the Japanese version of Goodwill Industries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
It's spelled "Satelite" I think, oh, wait, no, it's not, my bad. XD

Yeah, THESE people....=_=

They have some good stuff....but the bad stuff is REALLY bad.
Have you ever watched Noein? The character designs are unusual, but the show itself is very well made (except for the 3D house which got tiresome). Satelight's work on the recent Ikoku Meiru no Croisee was stellar, especially the detailed backgrounds of Paris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
^I know Geass R2 is old news by Internet standards, but it's not exactly Star Wars. Careful with the death spoilers, please. This isn't the Geass forum. Some people who read this thread might have not watched it before.
You just skipped right over that other enormous spoiler in his post, or does "everyone" know about episode three of Madoka?
Old 2012-01-30, 07:58   Link #1633
fma029812

Hm... I don't really HATE any anime too strongly but I have had my share of bitter disappointment. I got really into the Naruto series, and up until the point where Saske leaves I found the show pretty decent. After that, all Naruto and Sakura seemed to care about was getting him back. Seriously, this guy was emo, sarcastic, and never a good friend to either of them! It annoyed me to no end but I still hung onto the series. As I got older, and waited for stuff to happen I started growing impatient with the show. I thought a lot of the fighting was unrealistic (I don't have extremely high standards for realism, I just don't like it when characters seem to heal too quickly and survive causing a crater in the earth) and Sakura and Naruto still after all those years were trying to get their friend back. They have plenty of good friends! Sakura was still in love with him too. Grrrr sorry for my rant I just don't like it when asshole characters are worshiped. Maybe if I stuck with the show the motives and things changed, but I really wish I could have enjoyed it more.
I have similar problems with Inuyasha.
Soul Eater really disappointed me though, perhaps more than Naruto. I had even more expectations because it started out great and was so unique. Once again, things got unrealistic and confusing. I thought it was anti climatic... but that's just me!
Thus I am staying away from this genre, which is sad.
Old 2012-01-30, 15:12   Link #1634
Goggen

Quote:
probably because it was supposed to be music-centered like Beck, however it was rushed into generic girls' school slice-of-life, don't you ?
It was never "supposed" to be "music-centered like Beck". Sure some people expected that, but it's not really fair to hate a series for being a different type of show than what you would have liked to see.
Old 2012-01-30, 16:47   Link #1635
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

The K-ON cast always looked like a pack of chipmunks to me, with their bucked teeth whenever they opened their mouth...And the fact that their foreheads were massive in comparison to the rest of their already large head and face...

When a moe centric anime fails to provide me with quality moe character designs, the end result is something akin to K-ON. Also, the one-dimensional nature of the characters was astounding. Yui was always a clueless airhead, Ritsu couldn't last five minutes without teasing Mio into a frightful submission (I mean, she's practically afraid of her own shadow for Christs sake)...Tsugumi...it's her fault the series never progressed into anything meaningful. It's just not right to coax her entire club into sitting around every day eating sweets, because God forbid any of the characters actually object to it in favor of something more productive. At least Azusa had some sensibility to her, unfortunately the power of sweets eventually compelled her to join in on the stupidity as well.

tl;dr I'm perfectly fine with a moe oriented series, but if I'm going to enjoy it, the characters need to at least have some semblance of depth to them...

Last edited by Demi.; 2012-01-30 at 23:41.
Old 2012-01-30, 17:56   Link #1636
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
The K-ON cast always looked like a pack of chipmunks to me, with their bucked teeth whenever they opened their mouth...And the fact that their foreheads were massive in comparison to the rest of their already large head and face...

When a moe centric anime fails to provide me with quality moe character designs, the end result is something akin to K-ON. Also, the one-dimensional nature of the characters was astounding. Yui was always a clueless airhead, Ritsu couldn't last five minutes without teasing Mio into a frightful submission (I mean, she's practically afraid of her own shadow for Christs sake)...Tsugumi...it's her fault the series never progressed into anything meaningful. It's just not right to coax her entire club into sitting around every day eating sweet, because God forbid any of the characters actually object to it in favor of something more productive. At least Azusa had some sensibility to her, unfortunately the power of sweets was too much for her to overcome in the end as well.

tl;dr I'm perfectly fine with a moe oriented series, but if I'm going to enjoy it, the characters need to at least have some semblance of depth to them...
I agree, I managed to watch the first season, but I paid the price: I felt I had sugar instead of blood in my circulatory system! I didn't watch the second season, I couldn't, too much sweets!!
And I prefer salty food. Nothing to do with anime, but whatever
Old 2012-01-31, 23:29   Link #1637
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Have you ever watched Noein? The character designs are unusual, but the show itself is very well made (except for the 3D house which got tiresome). Satelight's work on the recent Ikoku Meiru no Croisee was stellar, especially the detailed backgrounds of Paris.
I haven't but like I mentioned, Satelight makes good stuff too (every studio has its gems) but the reason I think so lowly of them is because their bad stuff is really bad. I mean, they ruined one of my top favorite series, so I cannot forgive them very easily for that....
Old 2012-02-01, 14:12   Link #1638
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I think Persona 4: The Animation is going on here, because it has gone from laughably terrible to just plain terrible (ironically, Guilty Crown has become the opposite) in my opinion (I assume a lot of people like it due to sales and stuff). Why? All I can say is "play the freaking game".

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-02-01, 14:31   Link #1639
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I think Persona 4: The Animation is going on here, because it has gone from laughably terrible to just plain terrible (ironically, Guilty Crown has become the opposite) in my opinion (I assume a lot of people like it due to sales and stuff). Why? All I can say is "play the freaking game".
Totally agree. Persona4 is disgustingly bad and I will never comprehend how anyone is capable of enjoying it. One of the only 10 anime I've ever dropped, and the only one these past two years. It's almost worth purchasing just so I can use it as a Frisbee, and hopefully make up for some of the rage I felt while watching it.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:54   Link #1640
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

There are times when Persona 4 has been genuinely funny, but I honestly think it's story is an absolute mess too. It pretty much seems to be something fans of the game can enjoy.
Closed Thread