AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-01-15, 22:22   Link #28601
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Oooh, someone took Force a bit hard

Well you could write in the Author Notes that you have plans...

You just answered your own question . He's probably incensed to having to wait months to see whether the heroes would have a fighting chance or not, and how.

Man, you really should have left a big cliffhanger , I wonder how he would react to that!
Erm... heh heh... ummm... yeah, I know, and I'm sorry for my crappy update schedule.

Hey, I'm not the worst on the forums at least!
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 22:37   Link #28602
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I wanted to make more use of them in false light, but being Earthlings, they don't have an easy way to move from world to world like the Bureau types do. But they aren't being orphaned; they've got one last hurrah in false light, then they'll become a major part of what comes after the story.

A story about the TSAB inducting the planet as an administrated world.

(You know it had to happen after NSIS found out they were using magic in some widespread way!)
Considering how appx. 4-5 of the US mage pet projects and other various support personnel were basically offed by TSAB members, I wonder how smooth that transition will go.
Old 2011-01-15, 23:23   Link #28603
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Hey, I'm not the worst on the forums at least!

I do believe I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Old 2011-01-15, 23:27   Link #28604
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
So, i was bored.

=/

VERY bored.

I write more when I get bored.

New

Shine Parts 1-10

Shine Part 11

Shine Part 12

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Shine Part 13:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 23:37   Link #28605
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

I do believe I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Oh, I wasn't talking about you. Out loud.
Old 2011-01-15, 23:37   Link #28606
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Oh, I wasn't talking about you. Out loud.
You were thinking about me. In your head. I can read minds, you see.
Old 2011-01-15, 23:44   Link #28607
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
You were thinking about me. In your head. I can read minds, you see.
Oh, then I might as well just come out and say it, huh? *A-hem* Thank you for having an update schedule that makes mine look good!
Old 2011-01-15, 23:47   Link #28608
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2 View Post
Considering how appx. 4-5 of the US mage pet projects and other various support personnel were basically offed by TSAB members, I wonder how smooth that transition will go.
That was a secret project... but yeah, you have the gist of it. Smooth, it will not be.
Old 2011-01-15, 23:51   Link #28609
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
That was a secret project... but yeah, you have the gist of it. Smooth, it will not be.
But you also stated that the story would be less grimdark than this story, so that should mean something right?
Old 2011-01-16, 00:07   Link #28610
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
But you also stated that the story would be less grimdark than this story, so that should mean something right?
Yeah, it's not going to be nearly as spy-novelish even though it's still absolutely within the Shadowsverse AU and will likely feature the cast of false light in some capacity.

It'll be closer to canon Nanoha, with more befriending than killing.
Old 2011-01-16, 00:09   Link #28611
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Oooh, someone took Force a bit hard
Which is ironic, because around here I get anonymous flames for not liking Force!

Quote:
Alien conquests never are...

Quote:
Which actually kind of confuses me, honestly. Thus far, false light really isn't very grim. I mean, okay, there's a Secret Conspiracy Plot...and a bunch of U.S. soldier-mages who have no clue what's going on got killed...but all the "name" characters are alive and well and plotting and the plotline (regardless of precisely what Hayes is up to) isn't very off from standard spy-novel-type stuff. It's actually less grim than StrikerS, which featured a secret conspiracy but also the kidnapping of a two-year-old child and raising her to fight as a soldier for the forces that reduced her mother to experimental-material-in-a-pod and the torture of a six-year-old moeblob. Or what Graham did to Hayate in A's. Or heck, the on-screen abuse of a nine-year-old in S1. Nor are there stacks of dead nuns. Or serial-killing zombies. Truthfully, the only MGLN product that's less grim than false light is ViVid.

Which makes me wonder:

1. Where are the next chapters going that's going to up the grimness factor?

2. How is a plotline of "Aliens Conquer Earth!" going to be less grim? I mean, okay, the TSAB is probably not going to descend with armed force and start blowing up cities and herding the survivors into reeducation camps, but the entire concept of introducing Earth's society to the existence of magitech-based interdimensional civilization is inevitably going to produce deaths when nations start squabbling with one another and extremist factions start committing acts of terrorism and/or "freedom-fighter" guerrilla actions.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 00:19   Link #28612
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Which is ironic, because around here I get anonymous flames for not liking Force!

Alien conquests never are...

Which actually kind of confuses me, honestly. Thus far, false light really isn't very grim. I mean, okay, there's a Secret Conspiracy Plot...and a bunch of U.S. soldier-mages who have no clue what's going on got killed...but all the "name" characters are alive and well and plotting and the plotline (regardless of precisely what Hayes is up to) isn't very off from standard spy-novel-type stuff. It's actually less grim than StrikerS, which featured a secret conspiracy but also the kidnapping of a two-year-old child and raising her to fight as a soldier for the forces that reduced her mother to experimental-material-in-a-pod and the torture of a six-year-old moeblob. Or what Graham did to Hayate in A's. Or heck, the on-screen abuse of a nine-year-old in S1. Nor are there stacks of dead nuns. Or serial-killing zombies. Truthfully, the only MGLN product that's less grim than false light is ViVid.

Which makes me wonder:

1. Where are the next chapters going that's going to up the grimness factor?

2. How is a plotline of "Aliens Conquer Earth!" going to be less grim? I mean, okay, the TSAB is probably not going to descend with armed force and start blowing up cities and herding the survivors into reeducation camps, but the entire concept of introducing Earth's society to the existence of magitech-based interdimensional civilization is inevitably going to produce deaths when nations start squabbling with one another and extremist factions start committing acts of terrorism and/or "freedom-fighter" guerrilla actions.
Not to mention how
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-01-16, 00:47   Link #28613
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Well, "grimdark" was the wrong term to use, I should correct myself on that one. I'm a bit frazzled from general stress and trying to write this stuff over my school break, don't kill me!

You are right in that false light isn't very grim. I should say it feels more "grounded," insofar that I emphasize realism and try to make the Nanohaverse make some sort of (at least internally consistent) sense... while canon is a universe that runs on Rule of Cool.

So actually, the next project will probably have more violence than false light, so it's possible it will be darker.

I was kind of comparing in my head false light to dark fantasy/sword & sorcery and the new project to epic high fantasy. So the difference I guess isn't "grimness" but "scale" and "epic feel" vs. "gritty feel."
Old 2011-01-16, 01:27   Link #28614
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

So I wrote a snippet for Rein Eins becoming the Familiar of Zero, originally posted it over at SpaceBattles:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
This really sounded better when it was just a plot bunny.

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 02:00   Link #28615
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Spoiler for Since people wanted a slightly faster pace for MD...:
I know Yuuno had to do those calculations and all, but do you really think it was wise for him to let the Materials off on their own? After learning what they did, I'd think he'd keep a close eye on them to make sure they didn't kill anyone else.

Quote:
You never did explicitly name the two Huckebein at the start, did you? The description of the female one back then didn't ring a bell.
I believe she was meant to be the woman from Thoma's flashback, but since she hasn't yet shown up in Force again, I dunno what Yasanagi plans to do with that.

Quote:
Spoiler for More MD:
“She never managed to escape the world which tried to tie our souls down with gravity!”

Here I thought Rai was the only one who spoke in references

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode sixty something of Material Days:
Levi's a better name than Rai, actually.

Wouldn't be surprised if Veyron gave up on killing them because they're so annoying and he finds it too bothersome.

Quote:
Oh! Oh! Oh! I got flamed, I got flamed!

Spoiler for I'm a little proud!:

Well... sort of. I guess it's not a really a flame, sadly. Just a negative review. And he's so calm about it! I wanted a little more bile, some real venom.

I just wish he'd been logged in. I could have reassured him that I have plans. Oh, such plans. And I might even get around to writing them sometime in the next couple months!
Yeah, definitely not a flame. Sounds like legitimate criticism from a loyal reader.

A true flame is completely uncalled for or down right dumb, like "OMG THIS PAIRING SUCKS! WORST FIC EVER!!!"

Aaaand now I'm all caught up. Just haven't been feeling like coming here for a bit. Lots of stuff I've been meaning to do but I can't work up the drive to do any of it *sigh*
Old 2011-01-16, 03:23   Link #28616
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Oh! Oh! Oh! I got flamed, I got flamed!

Spoiler for I'm a little proud!:

Well... sort of. I guess it's not a really a flame, sadly. Just a negative review. And he's so calm about it! I wanted a little more bile, some real venom.

I just wish he'd been logged in. I could have reassured him that I have plans. Oh, such plans. And I might even get around to writing them sometime in the next couple months!
So, you're saying that if I want an inside scoop of what you're planning next, all I need to do is flame you?
Old 2011-01-16, 03:52   Link #28617
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
So, i was bored.

=/

VERY bored.

New

Shine Parts 1-10

Shine Part 11

Shine Part 12

Xellos got bite in ass by karma in most suitable manner and Dolphin most adorable wacko with a power that put Nanoha and Co to a shame. And this make her more hilarious
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 04:06   Link #28618
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
So, i was bored.

=/

VERY bored.

New

Shine Parts 1-10

Shine Part 11

Shine Part 12

ah Nanoha... eager to show her love.

Poor Xellos. Hopelessly trying to cause some chaos ends him becoming a hero on the other side of his targets...

And poor pirates and other hunters in the sea, Dolphin is going to kick their collective a$$es...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 06:07   Link #28619
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Hmm, I seem to encounter the term 'NSIS (Naval Special Intelligence)' quite a few times recently. Is the term actually canon or fanon?

Quote:
So I wrote a snippet for Rein Eins becoming the Familiar of Zero, originally posted it over at SpaceBattles:
The problem with using MSLN characters on Zero is that anybody with a name would be too powerful for the setting; I bet even Caro could beat Wardes' ass (the arm pumping scene came to mind)
Old 2011-01-16, 10:54   Link #28620
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
The problem with using MSLN characters on Zero is that anybody with a name would be too powerful for the setting; I bet even Caro could beat Wardes' ass (the arm pumping scene came to mind)
Well, I originally posted it in the Breaking of Louise thread, which is for chars that would break the setting.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha