AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-29, 09:19   Link #981
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If Shion is indeed supposed to be the heroine, I'm very surprised then that they made Mariya (and not Shion) as Takako's rival. Or maybe thats the way it was in Mariya's or Takako's path?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 15:48   Link #982
iamthebest22

Hmmm, this has become a bit of a topic, whether there will be a 2nd season to this. Someone on Naruto forums posted that there will be a 2nd season, but based on old info from
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/cate...ni-koishiteru/ :

Quote:
The big news of yesterday was that Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru was getting a second season according to Getchu. As excited as I was to hear this, I had my suspicions because I don’t consider Getchu to be a reliable source of news. Lo and behold, the site changed it’s news item a little earlier so that the second season part was no longer mentioned. It’s unclear at this point whether this was an incorrect report or if it was them jumping the gun and leaking something too early, so I wouldn’t get too excited yet in case this turns out not to be true.
Even though this is really old news (like almost 6 months ago) I couldn't find any more news on second season on google, so :P I've been searching really hard, but this is all that I can come up with.
iamthebest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 01:50   Link #983
Gettersaga
Go Nagai's works big fan
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's listed on Moonphase in the "?" category, which I guess supports the "rumour" status. It wouldn't surprise me to a sequel in the works, since the DVD sales were quite good. feel's doing D.C. II in the Fall (1-cour), along with the Straight Jacket OVA series, but nothing's been announced yet TV-series-wise for 2008, so we'll see...
No, no. What relentlessflame says here (it's not a six months old news) is real. A second season of Otoboku is indicated amongst the various serie' names but, as always relentlessflame said, for its exit/broadcasting date we finfd a ?, no more no less. Clicking on the name indicated (translated: Second season of "Otomewa ....") sends you to the Otoboku first season web page. It's all I can tell you. Sorry.
Gettersaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 02:24   Link #984
iamthebest22

AH k, better than nothing, at least I can rest my mind that there will be a 2nd season, now for the wait xD
Old 2007-10-01, 08:47   Link #985
MizuhoFan

4 Things
1. As you people can see, I registered for this forum to participate in the Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru discussion.
2. I am a fan of the anime and i am a guy
3. I wish someone would show me a concrete proof that Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru will have a season 2! Ive been searching for a week now for any solid proof!
4. is it weird that a adik gamer with a addiction for really violent games such as god of war to be addicted to a romance anime such as this?? My friends call me mentally disturbed because of this xp
MizuhoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 08:57   Link #986
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizuhoFan View Post
2. I am a fan of the anime and i am a guy
I think most of us are. Despite the cross-dressing, the series was aimed at the male audience.

Quote:
3. I wish someone would show me a concrete proof that Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru will have a season 2! Ive been searching for a week now for any solid proof!
We can't becuase there isn't any proof right now. There were some rumors from earlier this year to that effect, but they may have been based on a mssunderstanding regarding the OVA that came out a little while ago. I would certainly enjoy another season, but right now there is no real indication that there will be one.

Quote:
4. is it weird that a adik gamer with a addiction for really violent games such as god of war to be addicted to a romance anime such as this?? My friends call me mentally disturbed because of this xp
Just enjoy what you enjoy. Your friends don't know what they are talking about.

Last edited by mdauben; 2007-10-01 at 14:12.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 13:26   Link #987
Sassarai
Army of One

There's a manga that's somewhat similar to this it's called Tenshi Ja nai. Some website call manga temple was the only place I could find it being translated.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 04:46   Link #988
Gettersaga
Go Nagai's works big fan
*Scanlator

Sassarai, was it "Tenshi nanka janai" of Ai Yazawa?
Old 2007-10-02, 04:50   Link #989
Gettersaga
Go Nagai's works big fan
*Scanlator

I mean at least it's the only manga I can remember this moment having got a title similliar to the one you have told but I don't know its plot as much, I could mistake.
Old 2007-10-02, 11:04   Link #990
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettersaga View Post
I mean at least it's the only manga I can remember this moment having got a title similliar to the one you have told but I don't know its plot as much, I could mistake.
Nah its tenshi ja nai there is one that's called tenshi nanka ja nai though. The only place you can find it is at manga temple try searching for it on google if youre interested. I enjoy the manga and its also about a guy that dress up as a girl and attends high school.
Old 2007-10-02, 11:47   Link #991
Gettersaga
Go Nagai's works big fan
*Scanlator

Oh, I see sassarai ... but what can I say? These mangakas have really little fantasy in giving a name to their works ... I mean "Tenshi ja nai" ... If I was in Japan and went in a boook shop and asked for "Tenshi ja nai" I believe the shop keeper would give me "Tenshi nanka ja nai". Anyway I've read something about it and, yes it can have something in common with Otoboku but it's not the same thing at all. Something like this Tenshi ja nai, I believe you could know this manga (always with a boy that dresses up as a girl), is more Minto no bokura (not sure about its japanese title, sorry), a Yoshizumi Wataru's manga.
Old 2007-10-02, 12:04   Link #992
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettersaga View Post
Oh, I see sassarai ... but what can I say? These mangakas have really little fantasy in giving a name to their works ... I mean "Tenshi ja nai" ... If I was in Japan and went in a boook shop and asked for "Tenshi ja nai" I believe the shop keeper would give me "Tenshi nanka ja nai". Anyway I've read something about it and, yes it can have something in common with Otoboku but it's not the same thing at all. Something like this Tenshi ja nai, I believe you could know this manga (always with a boy that dresses up as a girl), is more Minto no bokura (not sure about its japanese title, sorry), a Yoshizumi Wataru's manga.
lol yea a lot of the manga titles have something to do with tenshi doesnt it? I didnt say it was the same thing rather then its somewhat similar since its about a boy that dresses up as a girl in an all girls school. I just figured ppl that like otoboku would like that as well. I know I did.
Old 2007-10-02, 12:43   Link #993
Gettersaga
Go Nagai's works big fan
*Scanlator

I've perfectly understood now. Sassarai, are you playing Crisis Core or what? You know, I see Zachs as your avatar and, as I'm playing Crisis Core in these days, I was a little curious. Just this. If it is not a character ... well, Id say he is Zachs, but who knows ... of Final Fantasy, I'm becoming more and more curious.
Old 2007-10-02, 17:54   Link #994
Sassarai
Army of One

Yea I played the jp version and beat it a couple of days ago. Good game just way too easy.
Old 2007-10-03, 08:59   Link #995
iamthebest22

lol the game... Anyways, still hoping that there would be a second season.
Old 2007-10-03, 11:34   Link #996
Gettersaga
Go Nagai's works big fan
*Scanlator

Going back to the Otoboku's game (hoping in a secod season of the series), here is a question ... who's going to become the Elder after Mizuho and the next again ...? If you read the Japanese wikipedia page for Otoboku you'll find it (but it's not difficult to understand/suppose after all) ... but, I must be true, I don't like the choice of the elder after Mizuho.
Old 2007-10-03, 12:39   Link #997
iamthebest22

Gettersaga, PM me to tell me who the elder is after Mizuho, I remember reading it somewhere, but can't remember. Or if you can and allowed, post it up here.
Old 2007-10-03, 13:20   Link #998
Gettersaga
Go Nagai's works big fan
*Scanlator

She is a second year student, this is clear. Now, Yukari and Kana being first year student, they can't be the next Elder. But even you understand that one of them will be the Elder after this second year student as we don't know other first year students (ah, you could say that there is Ichiko ... but this would be quite difficult, don't you think so?). Think about who can be a second year student and you've got the answer. I could say that I've told her name without telling it to you.
Old 2007-10-03, 13:27   Link #999
iamthebest22

Eh who's a 2nd year student? I need to rewatch it, cause I totally forgot whos in what year.
Old 2007-10-04, 04:52   Link #1000
Gettersaga
Go Nagai's works big fan
*Scanlator

If I tell you that she is always around Takako, you've understood now, I think.

Tags
bishoujo, caramelbox, comedy, genderbender, romance, school life, seinen