Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-29, 12:08   Link #541
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Since when that number is bad? did you know how the japanese market works at least?

The main goal of the series is boost the manga sales, which get an increase of more than 40K even before the last episode of the show, also on USA reach the 2nd position in sales by the new york times.
The manga has always ranked high on the NYT chart, even reaching first place on at least one occasion.

If the Japanese are increasingly interested in the manga (I have yet to find data for that, though), and the anime keeps selling the way it is now, a second season is a real possibility to consider.

In any case, the anime turned out fantastic, so I wouldn't pass up on more. And by the time we might get a S2, the manga will be ahead enough to warrant it.
Old 2015-09-29, 12:17   Link #542
Ushio the Omega

Volume 8 of the manga released after the anime started airing sold a total of 120,000 by second week compared to 90,000 for volume 7 a 33% increase.

The reason I thought the sales of the first volume of the anime where bad is that as someone who doesn't watch the show is that it's being referenced everywhere on forums tech sites, comic sites, multiple gaming sites etc. I just expected a 10,000+ first volume.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 14:48   Link #543
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Damn this show did way worse in sales than I thought it would.

Volume 1 sold only 5,193 combined bluray and DVD with an event ticket so volume 2 will probably see at least a 40% drop as well.
I remember reading somewhere that around 3000 is the cut off point for when we can expect a second season. Lack of content is a larger issue as the more time that passes since the first season the less likely a second season are. But we already have a second season confirmation in the last episode so we should be safe.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 17:44   Link #544
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
I remember reading somewhere that around 3000 is the cut off point for when we can expect a second season. Lack of content is a larger issue as the more time that passes since the first season the less likely a second season are. But we already have a second season confirmation in the last episode so we should be safe.
3000 was the break even point there are plenty of shows that sold 10,000 copies for every volume and never saw a second season.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 19:44   Link #545
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
3000 was the break even point there are plenty of shows that sold 10,000 copies for every volume and never saw a second season.
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have used expect, but more like a chance for a second season. It's pretty rare for shows that do not break even to get a second season, but it's far from a sure thing that the ones that do to get them either.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 20:45   Link #546
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I think Darling is actually a Hero. He is not only super-humanly durable but he also has show incredible strength. There has to be some reason why the the monsters had been hiding for so long when they seem to be able to overwhelm most humans at will. That is why Smith keeps throwing monstergirls at him and wants him to marry one, it would be a symbol of human/monster peace.
Plot twist: Kurusu is Saitama's father.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 22:34   Link #547
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Plot twist: Kurusu is Saitama's father.
I can only assume that since Saitama doesn't have gills, scales, chitin, feathers, or an extra set of legs, then Smith won the Darling lottery... Hmm... Somehow Smith and Saitama being related makes a lot of sense...
Old 2015-10-02, 03:49   Link #548
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Images
swimsuits!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 17:08   Link #549
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Images
swimsuits!
Doppel is always best without anything on-wait, what?! No Smith in a bikini and sarong?! How dare they?!?!
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 01:10   Link #550
EroKing

Images
Nyantype

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-27 at 05:23.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 12:39   Link #551
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Stormed through this over the weekend. Man, I feel so dawn that I missed the airing. Well, as a monster girl general fan this show was awesome for me. I did read manga before this but I kinda forgot about it. Really good adaptation from what I have seen and I'm usually really picky about ecchi shows. MC, characters and overall atmosphere was top notch. Centorea, Miia and Rachnera are my absolute favorites. Really hope this gets a second season or at least an OVA. ˇˇ
Old 2016-02-21, 18:40   Link #552
arvhe

How's was Mia allowed to go out by herself??
arvhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 03:23   Link #553
Shirasu

Monster Musume author (okayado) will be at anime expo holding autograph sessions and a panel!!!

apparently, if you tweet bookwalker with #askOKAYADOSensei the question will be answered at the panel.

the deets: global.bookwalker.jp/info-ax
Shirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-26, 14:24   Link #554
bastek66

Who voiced human girl in second OVA?

Tags
ecchi, harem