AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-24, 09:55   Link #161
Art_of_Fantasy

So i just read chapter 7 and 8 and i must say now i really want to read 9.
first time in a while i get that feeling after a seo chapter so i guess im starting to like the characters not bad so far seo not bad at all
Art_of_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 10:55   Link #162
Shadow5YA

"The triangle is forming!!"

Oh boy here we go
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 11:00   Link #163
Aesthetic Shampoo

To be fair, the series so far has been pretty good (with the exception of chapter 1).
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 12:13   Link #164
Shadow5YA

I agree, it has a decent start.

But then again, so did Kimi no Iru Machi.
Old 2014-03-24, 12:20   Link #165
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic Shampoo View Post
To be fair, the series so far has been pretty good (with the exception of chapter 1).
add the date part too to it. When they were blind and didnt see each other.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 13:40   Link #166
cyberdemon

I'm half expecting alien insects to show up lol
Old 2014-03-24, 15:23   Link #167
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

These two chapters were pretty good. I can't believe I'm actually eager for the next chapter. But really the characters in this series doesn't seem to be very aware in their surroundings
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 16:11   Link #168
zensunni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
"The triangle is forming!!"

Oh boy here we go
Something has to make Fuuka realize how she feels about Yuu. It is a safe bet that he won't be aggressive enough to actually suggest that they date, since every hint he gets turns into a "yeah, no way that would happen" thought. Hell, she asked him to go to a concert with her and he said, "Why don't you go with a friend?" When she protested that he is her friend, he suggested that she go with a "closer friend". She pretty much had to force him to say yes!

(On a positive note, they have been on 2 actual dates without a confession ahead of time, just a "hey, I got these movie tickets" and "My cousin cancelled on me and I have a spare concert ticket", but it doesn't change the fact that they are actually dates. Not to mention the fact that she wanted him to go with her to the shrine to pray for the chance to win the tickets. That says something. Though it might have been because he knew how affected she is by Koyuki's music, so she felt she could confide in him about her wanting to pray at the shrine for the chance to win the tickets.)

Still, I don't know that she is looking at him as boyfriend material, yet. The line about her knowing that he likes Koyuki's singing suggests that she may have thought of him as a person to ask because she figured he would enjoy it, not because she wanted to spend time with him more than other guys.

However, if Tama-chan/Koyuki makes a big deal about him being in the front row, like calling him up on stage and introducing him to the crowd as the boy who encouraged her to sing and, maybe, announces the next song as one that she wrote about him? Fuuka may look at him differently.

Options for Fuuka's reaction when she finds out that Yuu knows Koyuki:
1. Elated - "Please introduce me!!!!"
2. Furious - "Why the heck didn't you tell me you knew her?"
3. Jealous - "Oh... she invited you personally to come to the show and writes her songs thinking about you... how nice (frozen glare)
4. Touched - "Koyuki invited you to come to the show personally and you turned her down because I invited you to a concert, even though you didn't know it was the same one? I would have totally understood if you told me you couldn't go! (Maybe Yuu really cares about me?)"

My bet is a combination of 2, 3, and either 1 or 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
These two chapters were pretty good. I can't believe I'm actually eager for the next chapter. But really the characters in this series doesn't seem to be very aware in their surroundings
Well, I don't count this one as being in the same class as the Chapter 4, pre-movie meet-up debacle. For one thing, the meeting on different sides of the statue was pretty much a pure sight gag. It made me wonder if Seo is writing this series with an eye for it being animated, because that gag would work much better as anime than in print.

Second, there isn't really any problem with awareness in chapter 8.
Spoiler:

So, in short, no big problem with awareness there.
zensunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 18:45   Link #169
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm going to bet the next box on bingo that gets checked off is school transfer.. anyways, i'm very eager to read the next chapter.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 20:34   Link #170
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zensunni View Post
Something has to make Fuuka realize how she feels about Yuu. It is a safe bet that he won't be aggressive enough to actually suggest that they date, since every hint he gets turns into a "yeah, no way that would happen" thought. Hell, she asked him to go to a concert with her and he said, "Why don't you go with a friend?" When she protested that he is her friend, he suggested that she go with a "closer friend". She pretty much had to force him to say yes!
The issue I have isn't really with Fuuka.

What worries me is that Koyuki will get caught up in this already proclaimed love triangle and come out worse for wear because of it. She's already a rising star, and it would be infurating to see her lose focus of her career by fighting a losing battle to win Yuu's affection. It's similar to the problem I have with Seo's Half & Half serialization, where every character outside of the main couple has their integrity sacrificed to develop the two.

And with how Yuu is, I don't really think he'll be sharp enough to notice Koyuki's feelings early and give her proper closure before it derails thanks to Seo brand drama.
Old 2014-03-24, 22:57   Link #171
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well admittedly I ended up reading it because you guys are so amusing. Lets face it the second she revealed she won the tickets to the concert we all knew it would be that one but hey that's fine it'll be amusing in its own way. Something fun is bound to happen we all know that so just sit back and enjoy the chaos that's what i'll do
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 02:30   Link #172
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'm not too keen on the romance aspect of things because you know the other girl doesn't stand a snow ball's chance in hell. That's going to painful to read yet again...

How Fuuka gets into the music industry will be what I might find enjoyable. That and hopefully some cameo character moments here and there should be fun...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 04:26   Link #173
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I'm not too keen on the romance aspect of things because you know the other girl doesn't stand a snow ball's chance in hell. That's going to painful to read yet again...

How Fuuka gets into the music industry will be what I might find enjoyable. That and hopefully some cameo character moments here and there should be fun...
the way she gets in is easy our boy is gonna ask his music star childhood friend for help
Old 2014-03-25, 08:54   Link #174
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, this one looks pretty lop-sided thus far. the only drama i can see, thus far, is Fuuka getting jealous. but she does not seem the jealous type at all.

anywho, glad Miho got a mention this chapter.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 19:15   Link #175
ellessarr
Banned

this is why i hate in overal the "general shounen clichę romance, aways is a guy with confidence low than 0, who thing none womans can love him, even if the girl shove her pussy on his face he gonna say "what this girl want?" or why she talk that much with me or things like that, in action is even worse we have guys more dense than the chine's wall, this guy is just a rip-off of haruto, while haruto was a useless cook this guy is a useless communities adict, why is so hard actually have a real life guy unless really all the reall guys in japan are like that then i really start to understand the problem if "birth decrease", womans turning in guys and guys turning in trash(i can't say turning in girls cuz can also be a insult to womans since their are become highlevel of nonlife or neet where their are spend their lifes inside their rooms only playing games and watch/reading animes/mangas/novels living a parasite life), why is so hard to "avoid" that otakus fetiches and actually create more "realistics" mcs or at last less "useless, the power of useless mc in japan is really "over 9000".
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 21:32   Link #176
Tenzen12

To be honest I find this manga quite boring and now that nooe complain about tsunderes I might drop it soon or later. That said MC (whatever is his name) barely nows Fuuka so be carefull is not bad thing and he seems getting clue already as well anyway, so I belive there is plenty of other things to complain that this one
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 11:52   Link #177
KNIM

Chapter 9 is out and next chapter is done also.

https://twitter.com/seokouji/status/450280471948062720

Too bad the Seo bingo card doesn't have love triangle on it.
KNIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 13:15   Link #178
ImperialFlameGod8190

I promised myself I wouldn't read it but I did and this might get interesting lets see what happens
Old 2014-03-30, 15:25   Link #179
Art_of_Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I promised myself I wouldn't read it but I did and this might get interesting lets see what happens
Thats how Seo sucks u in
but i agree really like it so far.
yuu is so stupid itīs hard to believe but i didnīt really except anything else after haruto
Art_of_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 15:35   Link #180
ImperialFlameGod8190

yea I guess o well on the other hand Yuu's sister is quite the looker me likey it's gonna get fun. Within 5 chapters she'll transfer to Yuu's school calling it right now

Tags
harem, music, romance, seo being seo, seo kouji, shounen, tragedy