Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2015-11-26, 22:27   Link #3621
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcane87 View Post
^ These are loose translations, "new story" probably refers to the fact that they are showing new content.

It's very hard to imagine them doing an unrelated story with the same characters.
Agreed.

Granted, "new story" could conceivably mean a reboot or even a SoL Madoka show. Either would be "new content" in a sense, at least.

I'm definitely interested in seeing what this "new story" will entail, whether its a reboot or a direct sequel or something very different.

At the moment, I'm cautiously optimistic and also very pumped. I think the Madoka Magica franchise still has some good untapped potential left. There's some chance I won't like what is to come, but I think there's a much better chance that I will like it. And I think that's probably true for most Madoka Magica fans.
Old 2015-11-27, 08:57   Link #3622
ilcane87

Confirmed to take place after Rebellion, 4 minutes long, heavily hints at sequel work.

Here some translated impressions:

Quote:
>http://yusaani.com/news/2015/11/27/231114/

>本日より開催されているSHAFT40周年記念の展示「MADOGATARI展」にて『魔法少女まどかマ ギカ』の新作へとコンセプトムービーが公開され、その感想がネット上にアップされています。
Today, a concept movie was released in Madogatari Exhibition of Shaft 40th anniversary. It is connected to a new work. I can read their impressions visitors posted.
>新作発表かと期待が高まりましたが、続編に関する具体的な発表はなかった模様です。
It was expected that Shaft would release a new movie or series but they did not announce the sequel concretely.

>●MADOGATARI展初回いってきたー!まどマギショートムービーすっげええええのおぁぁあ(^q^ )
I just joined Madogatari Exhibition. The short movie of PMMM was awesome!
>●まどマギ新作だわ あの映像は新作だよ
I watched the new work. The video is new materials!
>●やばい!やばい!やばい!やばいーーーーー! MADOGATARI展!展示内容すげーーーやばい! これ見ないと後悔する! 時間指定してるのでそこまで混んで無いし!これ1日入れるレベルの内容だよ!! まどマギの映像鳥肌ものだった!
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! Madogatari Exhibition! It is amazing! The exhibits are tremendous! If you don't watch it, you would regret your life! They limited our viewing times about the video so the hall was not very crowded. The exhibition had high-level works so you can watch it in the place all day long. I had goose bumps about the concept movie!

>●コンセプトムービーやばかった…
The concept movie is wonderful!
>●ムービーも一回見たら、見た人はコーナーから出されるから一回の入場で一回しか見れないのが惜 しい
If you watched the movie one time, you ought to leave the theater. You can only watch it once at your entry. It is precious.
>●映像やばすぎて震える
The image astonished me. I trembled with emotion.
>●今回の映像だけ見るとほむまど始まりすぎててやばい 公式やりすぎ感まであるかも(個人的感想 )
If I judge only the video, MadoHomu is about to begin. The official staffs overdid the production. (My individual impression)
>●とりあえず、がっつりアニメーションムービーだった。シャフト心配するほど。どういうことなの。ええ? 助けて頭痛が
Anyways, it was a reliable animation movie. I am worried about Shaft's animators now. What's happened? Eh? I had a headache.
>●いやー新編やべーぞこれ、話は叛逆の後、やっぱりほむらとの対峙っぽい
Whoa! The New Arc! Awesome! The story is after Rebellion. I see. Madoka intends to confront Homura.
>●コンセプトムービー観てる最中動悸が治まらなかった
While I watched the concept movie, was not able to suppress my heartbeats.
>●噂のまどマギのムービー見てきた さやかちゃん…
I just watched the movie of PMMM it is controversial. My Sayaka-chan...
>●まどマギの新作映像は一言でいうと 続編の予告編
In other words, the new image of PMMM is a preview of the sequel.

>●新プロジェクトが始まってる、ってことに間違いはないと思う。楽しみ。さやかちゃん…
The new project has already begun. I am sure I never make a mistake in it. It is my pleasure. Sayaka-chan...
>●まどマギの新映像完全に見る前は舐めてたけどがっつり4分あるとかいうしみたらまぁ確かにコンセプトビ ジュアル的なものなんだろうけどいやいやこれもはや新作じゃ!?ってレベルだった。
Before I watched the new image of PMMM, I did not expect it. It has a lot of time: 4 minutes. I heard it is a concept movie. Actually I watched it. I felt it a new work. It is a high level of contents.
>●映像は系4分。最初の1分が叛逆の冒頭的な感じ。それをまどかとほむらが一緒に喋る←ここで泣きそうに なる。その後は怒涛の謎ラッシュ。杏子ちゃんキレてて。さやかちゃん魔女化。安定のマミほむ(くー)対立。 そしてマミさんかっこいい。
The image has a total of 4 minutes. At the beginning of a minute, the first part of it is similar to that of Rebellion. The scene contains Madoka and Homura talked together (simultaneously?) I almost wanted to cry due to the scene. After the scene, mysterious ones were screened. Kyouko-chan fired up and Sayaka-chan turned into a witch. And MamiHomu had conflicts again. Mami-san is so cool!
>●コンセプトムービーは叛逆の続きをイメージしているけれど、明確に続編とは告知されなかったで す
The concept movie seems an image of the sequel but Shaft did not announce it is the sequel clearly.
ilcane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 11:54   Link #3623
woxx

I don't want to look too pessimistic, but no announcement means that nothing is happening in near future.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 15:53   Link #3624
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
The concept movie effectively IS the announcement, woxx.
Old 2015-11-27, 16:48   Link #3625
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I think it's the specific terminology being used that's confusing some people, or leaving some people with doubts and skepticism. The term "concept movie" makes me think of someone pitching a new anime show concept to higher-ups in the anime industry, to try to win their approval to go forward with it. I struggle to make sense of the term in the context of "continuation of one of the most popular anime franchises of all-time". You need a concept movie for that?

Don't get me wrong, I can understand SHAFT maybe wanting to release a trial balloon to the general public before fully committing themselves to a major new project. But honestly, couldn't the fake!trailer they released back on 4/1/2015 count for that?

If it's already determined that Rebellion is getting a direct sequel, why not just call this "concept movie" a trailer, instead? Or a PV?

Still, if you just replace "concept movie" with "trailer", this announcement all starts to make sense. So I'm tentatively assuming that "concept movie" basically means "trailer".
Old 2015-11-27, 17:08   Link #3626
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
No it's not. There's no confirmation whatsoever that there will be a sequel yet.
Old 2015-11-27, 17:26   Link #3627
GDB

Oh, New WORK. I completely misread it and thought it was New York (still implying new work, though). Thought it'd be an interesting path to take to show somewhere other than Japan in the current Magica world.

That said, this concept movie basically shows that they ARE working on something to continue the story. That does NOT, however, mean anything is announced or that anything is guaranteed to come out. It DOES mean that they're prepared to do something and haven't written it off as a few of the nay-sayers here would try to force you to believe.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 17:30   Link #3628
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No it's not. There's no confirmation whatsoever that there will be a sequel yet.
This 4 minute film is basically an advertisement for a sequel, why else would it exist?

It's obvious that Magica Quartet have been talking about continuing the franchise, they've admitted that much themselves and now we've got a 4 minute sequel which from what I've read is a recap of the story up until now... You don't release new material recapping the series thus far unless you intend to continue the story, this 4 minute film is basically telling us that the story will continue, thus it is a confirmation of a sequel not through words but through art.
Old 2015-11-27, 17:47   Link #3629
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayaka's sandbag View Post
This 4 minute film is basically an advertisement for a sequel, why else would it exist?

It's obvious that Magica Quartet have been talking about continuing the franchise, they've admitted that much themselves and now we've got a 4 minute sequel which from what I've read is a recap of the story up until now...
Wait, is that really all it is? There's no actual new content in the 4 minute concept video itself? It's just all recap?

Why the heck is ANN even bothering to report on it, then? If it's just 4 minutes of pure recap, then that's just SHAFT celebrating what they've done before.
Old 2015-11-27, 18:28   Link #3630
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Wait, is that really all it is? There's no actual new content in the 4 minute concept video itself? It's just all recap?

Why the heck is ANN even bothering to report on it, then? If it's just 4 minutes of pure recap, then that's just SHAFT celebrating what they've done before.
From what I've read, which was a summarized version of what the film, shows the major story points (Or some of) from ep 1 through to the end of Rebellion. I wouldn't call it a recap though as apparently the whole thing has a ballet theme to it and the key moment is the end where this theme is broken as it shows Homura and Madoka with their backs facing one another.

I can't find the link which noted all of this down but once I do I'll post it here.
Old 2015-11-27, 18:38   Link #3631
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
From what I've read, which was a summarized version of what the film, shows the major story points (Or some of) from ep 1 through to the end of Rebellion. I wouldn't call it a recap though as apparently the whole thing has a ballet theme to it and the key moment is the end where this theme is broken as it shows Homura and Madoka with their backs facing one another.

I can't find the link which noted all of this down but once I do I'll post it here.
I see. Well, at least it sounds interesting and creative. Thanks for the clarification.

After all of this clarification, my take is the same as GDB's.
Old 2015-11-27, 18:41   Link #3632
Kazu-kun

Quote:
As a celebration for their previous work, and maybe also to test the waters. But it's not a commitment to sequel.
Old 2015-11-28, 03:24   Link #3633
woxx

If they was making something, they would straightly show trailer+release date. Exhibit is called madogatari, of course they have to show something madoka related. This "they are working on something more" is continued from 2012
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-28, 06:23   Link #3634
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I see. Well, at least it sounds interesting and creative. Thanks for the clarification.

After all of this clarification, my take is the same as GDB's.
Oh bugger... I always forget something... a third source from where ANN got this news actually said that this 4 minute film leads into a new story... Like outright states it... Which is half the reason as to why I'm confident in this being the start of something big... That and because of the event being Madogatari I find it coincidental that as Monogatori has been confirmed to end soon then that'll be the perfect opportunity for Shaft to set Madoka a sail for new story(ies). You know, like one door will shut but another will open kind of thing (Or in this case this door has been half opened for two years)

Oh and I also just remembered that I saved the text which described how the film unfolded.

Well, that was one of two I read.
Old 2015-11-28, 07:59   Link #3635
ilcane87

Huh, this other summary doesn't make it sound like a recap at all, but glimpses of future scenes:

Also:

Quote:
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/134050658/#134074459

Not much about Madoka in the interview, except they want to do a new work so they're making a concept movie that hints at how they will make a sequel.
Another summary:

Quote:
http://sonozaki-shimai.tumblr.com/post/134048597291

- This longs about 4 minutes.
- In first minute, things happen just what we saw in Rebellion. Madoka and Homura talk together about something likes fairy-tales. The image is Madoka performing her ballet, and the Devil clapping her hands at the end of the show.
- Next is like a rush of angry waves.
- Kyouko is exhausting. She’s angry (at?) the cats are being revived by someone’s voice(?).
- Sayaka is able to read witch’s language (the runes), and got captured (as like she was in wraith arc). She (or her dead body?) turns into her witch-form and fights againt the Wraith. Before that, her soul-gem fully got dark.
- It seems Mami and cool-Homura will get another fight.
- This cool-Homura don’t have the earing like what the Devil does. She’s like the normal cool-Homura we’ve known.
- And Nagisa plays a detective game in magical-girl form.

Another information:
- Madoka gets a new magical-girl costume. It’s cute, but exposes her flesh a bit much…
- Super, very cool Mami. She’s like a boss!!

So either the one in Sayaka's Sandbag's post is fake, or it's very inaccurate; the concept movie was basically a trailer for a "potential" (...c'mon, we all know it's coming) sequel, like Triple R theorized.

Last edited by ilcane87; 2015-11-28 at 08:35.
Old 2015-11-28, 14:41   Link #3636
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Huh, this other summary doesn't make it sound like a recap at all, but glimpses of future scenes:

Also:

Another summary:

So either the one in Sayaka's Sandbag's post is fake, or it's very inaccurate; the concept movie was basically a trailer for a "potential" (...c'mon, we all know it's coming) sequel, like Triple R theorized.
Holy cow, that is completely different from what I've read (and posted) I found the post I posted only hours after the event started so...

Well, it actually sounds as though a continuation is confirmed then, as expected.

This... Really sounds super exciting, I don't think I'll be able to contain myself, especially if what unfolded in the film is basically a trailer for the second season/4th film.

Also in your link Ilcane, there's a post which says this
"Also there's a settings about "Why Walpurgis can't be defeated by turning back time to when before she become powerful" written in A4 in a show case. (Likely Inucurry's production note.)

It has pretty interesting time theory… and also explains why Walpurgis only appears only few years apart. Too bad I forgot to take a note and unable to explain it. "

That in itself sounds extremely intriguing.
Old 2015-11-28, 15:03   Link #3637
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Well, it actually sounds as though a continuation is confirmed then, as expected.
No announcement has been made so It's not confirmed.

A concept movie is a concept movie. It doesn't necessarily lead to a new series unless they say so (which they didn't yet).
Old 2015-11-28, 15:30   Link #3638
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No announcement has been made so It's not confirmed.

A concept movie is a concept movie. It doesn't necessarily lead to a new series unless they say so (which they didn't yet).
Nothing said? Well, you don't always need words, in this case actions speak louder than words.

Funny story, I had this friend who used to belittle me when it came to me stating that an event would unfold in a certain way or something would be released within media... Every time my predictions would come true... Another good example would be when I told her that her internet boyfriend would be likely to cheat on her... He did and she and I are no longer friends as I got fed up with her stupidity.

Another interesting point, I mentioned to others in certain online communities that for Madoka to get any more story content then Shaft and co would have to give us a hint or something in relation to it by the end of 2015, we now have that something in the form of this 4 minute film.

Long story short, I know what I'm talking about.
Old 2015-11-28, 16:06   Link #3639
ilcane87

About that, there's a Madoka☆Magica TALK STAGE tomorrow night (Japanese time), so we may get a formal announcement then.
Old 2015-11-28, 16:58   Link #3640
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
About that, there's a Madoka☆Magica TALK STAGE tomorrow night (Japanese time), so we may get a formal announcement then.
Not to mention two more Madogatari events, you can bet that if there's an announcement then they'll want to string it out a bit to draw attention to the events.
If they came out and stated "Oh yeah, Madoka sequel confirmed!" on the first day of the first event then they'd lose media coverage and attention over the duration of the Madogatari exhibitions.

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen