Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-04-17, 05:14   Link #12241
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Agree with the French until tier 6, totally disagree on the Chinese. With the exception of the Type 58, 59-16, and maybe the T-34-2, all of the tanks are good or excellent. Don't let the lack of gun depression fool you— the guns, mobility, and at tier 7+ the turret armor of these tanks more than makes up for it.
Is the Type 58 considered that bad? I'm currently struggling to grind through it but not sure if I'm just sucking.

Edit: Looked it up on noobmeter; I just suck.

Last edited by Desu; 2014-04-17 at 09:16.
Desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 09:06   Link #12242
Gravitas Free Zone

If they do official voice packs for the entire PzIV crew, there will be a chance to put them all together into one pack...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Other notes: Reports that using the Hellcat may crash your game. Some indication that this may not be confined to the Hellcat, but it's the most obvious case at the moment.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-04-17 at 09:28.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 09:35   Link #12243
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Talking about bad streaks, I'm down -.03% since last night, and my STB-1 is dangerously close to hitting yellow digits. Just potatoes all around.
I've turned into a total turnip thanks to the 9.0 update as on some maps, I can barely move without it lagging when I have the dynamic resolution at 100% and on ensk I couldn't do anything when a firefight started at the enemy base and I was close by.

The good thing is that I got elite status on the two added panzer IV tanks so all I had to do was purchase the D version and kit it up with everything I needed, but the stug III line now comes from the marder 38T although the second can still be gotten from the hetzer (I've only got to wait until I know that all the vehicle mods work with the 9.0 or if I'll have to wait for them to be updated).

Now I'll have to wonder if I should throw some more RAM at my laptop to see if it helps, or get a decent graphics card for my desktop computer and start running the game on that (more RAM would probably help on the laptop as it's currently on the borderline with the minimum RAM requirements for the OS installed, but the desktop has a faster (and well within the requirements) CPU and is only missing a compatible graphics card).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 09:57   Link #12244
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Huh, post 9.0 update I'm unable to even get into the game. I keep on getting "Failed to connect to server" warnings.
Old 2014-04-17, 10:04   Link #12245
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post
Is the Type 58 considered that bad? I'm currently struggling to grind through it but not sure if I'm just sucking.

Edit: Looked it up on noobmeter; I just suck.
The Type 58 is one of the more frustrating tanks because of its low penetration as well as lack of armor, plus you get very little gun depression. However, I enjoyed mine.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 10:12   Link #12246
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Huh, post 9.0 update I'm unable to even get into the game. I keep on getting "Failed to connect to server" warnings.
It's not just you, it seems that they're taking longer to get NA started back up (even though you can install the 9.0 files to your client). Saw one mention of 1200 PM EDT.

Edited to add: NA is up and running now.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-04-17 at 11:35. Reason: Update.
Old 2014-04-17, 12:17   Link #12247
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
If they do official voice packs for the entire PzIV crew, there will be a chance to put them all together into one pack...

YouTube
I want:

MAHO! MAHO! MAHO! MAHO!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 12:56   Link #12248
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Ok, just started the updater and.... the patch is freaking heavy (2.7gb), this is goint to take me the whole damn day to get it done (my internet is not being the best atm).
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 17:16   Link #12249
LeoXiao
思想工作

Damnit why are the Germans sucking so much in historical battles? I remember them doing super well on the test server. Wait times seem longer, too.
Old 2014-04-17, 17:27   Link #12250
Gravitas Free Zone

Ah, another example of the progeny of totalitarian regimes, like the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.

Trying to treat it like the SU-122-44's smaller sibling, since it has the still-nice gun of the SU-85B and at least some, though not all, of the PzIII's movement profile. It also has such a minimal gun depression that Chinese tanks would laugh at it.

I experienced my first 9.0 Crash To Desktop event while driving it, having a game where the initial load seemed to hang before suddenly snapping into combat at about 14:50, then I was abruptly punted from the game at a random moment later on.

Edited to add:

This weekend. Oh my. Easter Elvis.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/22/h...ng-uh-huh-huh/

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-04-17 at 18:02. Reason: Added more.
Old 2014-04-17, 18:13   Link #12251
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Hence the name test server.
Old 2014-04-17, 19:03   Link #12252
Gravitas Free Zone

Test server, heh. A few people have commented that they had absolutely nothing go wrong on the test server and all hell broke loose on the actual release.

So this finally happened, a new event high:

Of course, it's not a very Nashorn-friendly map except for the field, which absolutely no Nashorns on either side actually went into. I did head into the mid-map area to watch the city gates and that flank.

I've now crashed to desktop at least one time in almost every vehicle I've driven today. Grr.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-04-17 at 23:23. Reason: More rambling.
Old 2014-04-18, 01:37   Link #12253
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Pen, Sahin wants you to invite his friend xprotoxguy to your clan.
Old 2014-04-18, 02:28   Link #12254
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Damnit why are the Germans sucking so much in historical battles? I remember them doing super well on the test server. Wait times seem longer, too.
Over here the Germans easily win the Battle of the Bulge, because of the mass Hellcats with the 76mm gun.
Old 2014-04-18, 02:43   Link #12255
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Yeah, I've been waiting to get into a Historical battle, but I haven't been pulled into one yet. The wait times are insane -- five minutes and more, and even when a room is populated (Kursk) there's no telling if you'd still be pulled in.
Old 2014-04-18, 02:56   Link #12256
LeoXiao
思想工作

You do have to wait a long time. Honestly the best way to do it is get a few people to enter the queue with you. Also Spring Awakening seems to load faster than Kursk.

I just realized that the Germans had Jagdtigers on the test server, and don't anymore. That explains why they keep getting their asses kicked now.
Old 2014-04-18, 09:31   Link #12257
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Wow, the T-54 is so balanced! It totally doesn't need to be nerfed!

Images
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 10:29   Link #12258
Gravitas Free Zone

Team is up 10-8, you end up being the lone survivor on one flank, between your arty and two enemies...

CRASH TO DESKTOP.

Thanks, WarGaming!

The best part is that while ordinarily you might be able to log back in quickly and resume, with this crash, that won't work.
Old 2014-04-18, 10:53   Link #12259
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Team is up 10-8, you end up being the lone survivor on one flank, between your arty and two enemies...

CRASH TO DESKTOP.

Thanks, WarGaming!

The best part is that while ordinarily you might be able to log back in quickly and resume, with this crash, that won't work.
*reports you for idling*
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 11:34   Link #12260
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

List of best tier 10 tanks for pub games as considered by the WoTLabs community. You might like to read this if you're wondering what tier 10 tanks to grind for.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks