AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-14, 16:25   Link #721
vg166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
So... after reading through chapter 29, I have a question that may be answered in the anime. Is Shiffon's Limiter her younger brother ? It looks that way to me. That would make their family heritage pretty interesting.
I don't think it has been mentioned, one way or the other, what relation Chiffon's Limiter has to her.
vg166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 16:32   Link #722
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79wolf View Post
I believe it's mostly the subject matter people react to (either sad or mad), and some wtf moments. I was a little surprised when I first saw them, but I guess it's kind of the norm for Im Dal Young? It also seems to drag out in places, or maybe it seems that way because you want it to be over with?

You will definitely understand Satallizer a bit more once this one is done.
Read Phantom King. One female literally gets tentacle raped. It's another work by Lim Dal Young.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 21:19   Link #723
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Read Phantom King. One female literally gets tentacle raped. It's another work by Lim Dal Young.
I love Im Dal Young's works and his art, but I really dislike the abuse/rape that all of his female characters seem to go through.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 22:00   Link #724
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I love Im Dal Young's works and his art, but I really dislike the abuse/rape that all of his female characters seem to go through.
Yes, he has great stories and partners with great illustrators... but he is too abusive. I really do think he's a misogynist.
Old 2011-02-15, 00:59   Link #725
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
^^ you should read cross game or watch it. you won't be able to move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
But it's a sports manga...
Actually germanturkey is not talking about a sport manga but a doujin......Let's leave it at that.
Old 2011-02-15, 05:04   Link #726
ShiroiRyu

Not Gross Game but Cross Make. XD
He just give a bad name.
For Phantom King, what chapter is it ?
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 06:37   Link #727
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Well the anime sparked an interest in the manga for me. The story has a well made enemy in chapter 40+ but when chapter 50 comes along its *facepalm* time
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 13:59   Link #728
Chemist

Hm... does somebody know is somethere english scanlate or script for chapters after 39?..
Chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 14:48   Link #729
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

no, the group is on 39 now. they're pretty good about releases. every week or two weeks.

also, this week's ep was almost as epic as the chapters that it was based on. a large compliment.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 15:00   Link #730
Chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
no, the group is on 39 now. they're pretty good about releases. every week or two weeks.

also, this week's ep was almost as epic as the chapters that it was based on. a large compliment.
It's a pitty... but the activity of group is nice)))

Epic?! I can't agree with this opinion. I consider Freezing-anime one of the worst adaptation. Goog seinen was transformed in boobs-jumping by light moving of hand of screenwriter... But(and it's the worst) if cut it anime will be very good action. *facepalm*
Chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 15:39   Link #731
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
It's a pitty... but the activity of group is nice)))

Epic?! I can't agree with this opinion. I consider Freezing-anime one of the worst adaptation. Goog seinen was transformed in boobs-jumping by light moving of hand of screenwriter... But(and it's the worst) if cut it anime will be very good action. *facepalm*
There is NO freezing anime (there, it can't be disputed)

Clearly, the studio was NOT ready for a project of this magnitude, this belongs to MAYBE a studio like Bandai.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 16:40   Link #732
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

for what the anime has shown us before, it did a good job at adapting these chapters. they condensed it a bit, but if they drew it out over two eps, it would have taken too long. its obvious we're not going to get the blood we want from this series, or any proper adaptation, so enjoy it for what it is.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 16:59   Link #733
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

They did condense the fight with 3rd years into one ep... Looks like the 12 eps may cover up to chapter 38.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 14:15   Link #734
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
There is NO freezing anime (there, it can't be disputed)

Clearly, the studio was NOT ready for a project of this magnitude, this belongs to MAYBE a studio like Bandai.
Indeed... I stopped watching the anime. They just lost so much of it's potential. I know, it was to be expected, but they took the shallow way out.

I will never understand why they don't do proper adaptations more often. It can be done. It has been done. *sigh*
Old 2011-02-20, 17:04   Link #735
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Indeed... I stopped watching the anime. They just lost so much of it's potential. I know, it was to be expected, but they took the shallow way out.

I will never understand why they don't do proper adaptations more often. It can be done. It has been done. *sigh*
business > plot, these days I guess...

It doesn't help but I feel like sighing every time the clothing gets torn in the anime because it's ALWAYS in that same spots, skirt or chest. Is it too much to ask for grazing other areas, and add a little bit more blood? In a way, that is ALSO fanservice. >_>

@German: well yea, we enjoy it for wat remains of a mess it is.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2011-02-20 at 17:32.
Old 2011-02-21, 03:06   Link #736
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Yes, but perverted fanservice sells the most...

the way I see it, you make money via anime because of the fanbase. Now, there's two ways to appeal to the fanbase (these days, at least): either a very strong source material already exists, whether it be manga of as I'm seeing more often these days, light novels. The really good adaptations that exist have a huge fanbase for either of the above materials. Now, in the case of Freezing... as much as I hate to say it, it doesn't exactly have the strongest following. So that's when option two kicks in: appeal to the carnal desires of the viewers, 99% of whom are male. And what do many otaku love to see? Cute girls, violence, and sadly, TnA shots. I think we can all see which route Media Factory chose to do

... and perhaps not as coincidentally, Media Factory also put out Ikkitousen. That tell you much?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 03:20   Link #737
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Yes, but perverted fanservice sells the most...

the way I see it, you make money via anime because of the fanbase. Now, there's two ways to appeal to the fanbase (these days, at least): either a very strong source material already exists, whether it be manga of as I'm seeing more often these days, light novels. The really good adaptations that exist have a huge fanbase for either of the above materials. Now, in the case of Freezing... as much as I hate to say it, it doesn't exactly have the strongest following. So that's when option two kicks in: appeal to the carnal desires of the viewers, 99% of whom are male. And what do many otaku love to see? Cute girls, violence, and sadly, TnA shots. I think we can all see which route Media Factory chose to do

... and perhaps not as coincidentally, Media Factory also put out Ikkitousen. That tell you much?
The problem is that the fanservice of the anime really feels like disservice and it really is proving to be more of an eyesore than catching the desires of the fans. That's why I kept saying that the studio WASN'T ready to tackle this project.

Old 2011-02-21, 03:21   Link #738
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Maybe in five years or so we'll be lucky enough to have a remake of the anime... everything else keeps getting remade, but the anime ones are actually pretty good

Old 2011-02-21, 03:25   Link #739
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Maybe in five years or so we'll be lucky enough to have a remake of the anime... everything else keeps getting remade, but the anime ones are actually pretty good
U have an example? The only remake that comes to mind is Kanon.

Old 2011-02-21, 03:33   Link #740
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

FMA: Brotherhood... mostly because they stuck to the source material this time around

and concerning the manga itself... quick question: which chapters are compose vol 7-8, and are the "very dark arc", as I'm going to call it?

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen