AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-08-21, 01:34   Link #1861
trenton_dawn
Silt

It's an F. 22nd fret on the G string, do the 8va harmonic.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 23:55   Link #1862
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Hi guys. Uh, i dont know i anybody remembers me but i used to be somewhat active in this k-on section. I recently watched the come with me concert and i miss all of the times and people imet on this forum. But i could do some tabbing and stuff if you guys want. I could see that there are still some k-on songs left untabbed. ^_^
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 01:47   Link #1863
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
Hi guys. Uh, i dont know i anybody remembers me but i used to be somewhat active in this k-on section. I recently watched the come with me concert and i miss all of the times and people imet on this forum. But i could do some tabbing and stuff if you guys want. I could see that there are still some k-on songs left untabbed. ^_^
hey, great to see you back dude. uhmmm, let's see. the tabbing business is getting a little dry lately. probably because we don't have that many sources of the official tabs to go around. i don't even know if they are sending pm's for it anymore. (seems like im doing a lab report)better let them now, ok....

well, thanks for the help. any help is good, if i do say so myself. (i don't really know the status of stuff being tabbed right now, but there have been lots that has already been tabbed, and still plenty left to tab. (well, this is the last official tab book being released for k-on, until the movie or 3rd season, that is).

offtopic:
@kulas11: yeah yeah, i know, it's you.
Old 2011-08-26, 03:09   Link #1864
trenton_dawn
Silt

Umm...yeah. The people with books are myself, SirSlarty, and CaptnAwesomee. I don't have a scanner or high-resolution camera, and I assume the same is the case for the Captn. SirSlarty is really busy and hasn't been able to tab or scan anything for weeks. I've been tabbing as fast as I can, but work has been ramping up last week or so and my pace has been reduced.

By the way, I did manage to hit a friend's scanner for long enough to get an image of the CD cover, in case anyone wanted that.
Spoiler for CD cover:

On another note, I've been looking through the GO! GO! MANIAC tab in the new book and it differs slightly from the official GP5 I have now. Is it an actual difference with the previous score book? Does anyone know?
Old 2011-08-28, 16:27   Link #1865
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
Just thought I'd upload a little update video...

I'm almost there with the whole song. Just need to work on a few parts.
BigSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 23:30   Link #1866
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
hey, great to see you back dude. uhmmm, let's see. the tabbing business is getting a little dry lately. probably because we don't have that many sources of the official tabs to go around. i don't even know if they are sending pm's for it anymore. (seems like im doing a lab report)better let them now, ok....

well, thanks for the help. any help is good, if i do say so myself. (i don't really know the status of stuff being tabbed right now, but there have been lots that has already been tabbed, and still plenty left to tab. (well, this is the last official tab book being released for k-on, until the movie or 3rd season, that is).
Ah, i see. Well if you happen to find some official tabs and nobody else is able to tab them. Feel free to let me know. I could work on them as quick a possible. ^_^
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 18:11   Link #1867
Krimmydoodle

Hi, I've been lurking this thread for a while, but finally registered an account for myself. I stumbled upon a copy of Let's MUSIC!! 4 at a Kinokuniya while visiting a friend, and since I've seen no activity in this thread for Seishun Vibration, I've started making a .gp5 of it. I'm honestly a little iffy on how well I can do this; I have plenty of musical experience on other instruments, but I have little experience with guitars and no experience with using gp5 to actually write out something, so I'm learning the interface as I go. I'm not so worried about the big picture, but more about messing up subtle things like the exact nature of slides/bends/hammer ons, string muting, or the sounds of the instruments on the tracks, but if people don't mind some slightly amateurish work then I'd be happy to release it in the end.

I'd also like to take the moment to thank everyone who's submitted scans or tabs to the project. Much <3 to all of you.
Krimmydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 20:01   Link #1868
trenton_dawn
Silt

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. The guitar stuff is all pretty straightforward, so it would probably be about other stuff like synths or drums or whatever.
Old 2011-08-31, 11:46   Link #1869
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

I think it'd be nice if we had a section for instrumental tracks for the songs, so you can easily play along to them. Although, I think there might be some legal issues with doing that...

Also my new cover is done.

Don't forget to like it :P

Last edited by BigSmokeDawg; 2011-08-31 at 20:11.
Old 2011-08-31, 19:24   Link #1870
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

nice to see you all again...

@trenton_dawn: no need to rush. the next book won't be coming for a loooong time anyways. and everybody could understand if the tabbers are quite busy. so no rush.
btw, how different is the new tabs of go go maniac from the recent one? big changes, in the solo?

@BigSmokeDawg: dude, awesome cover there. (actually been wondering if you will post the whole song after you posted the partial song cover).

@Krimmydoodle: hey, thanks. any help is welcomed...

ok, i was gonna ask about something that's about some guitar stuff, but i guess i can do it later...
Old 2011-09-01, 10:35   Link #1871
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

I still don't see how Yui managed to play Fuwa Fuwa time after like 2 months of playing. I'm still having a bit of trouble with it and I've been playing almost a year...
Old 2011-09-01, 13:31   Link #1872
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
btw, how different is the new tabs of go go maniac from the recent one? big changes, in the solo?
As far as I can tell, there's no real difference...just minor things like is it just a 5th or is it a power chord. That's why I'm confused as to whether the tab is actually different or maybe it was just tabbed differently before...as weird as it would be to release two identical tabs, it would be even stranger to release two tabs which differ only slightly.

Quote:
ok, i was gonna ask about something that's about some guitar stuff, but i guess i can do it later...
Now I have to know what this question is lol
Old 2011-09-01, 14:27   Link #1873
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yui's weird like that. A natural, but still "unskilled'.
Old 2011-09-01, 17:08   Link #1874
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Here's my cover of Go Go Maniac

Thanks again to everyone who's contributed tabs. I probably wouldn't be able to record half of these without you lot :P

Last edited by BigSmokeDawg; 2011-09-01 at 17:19.
Old 2011-09-01, 19:54   Link #1875
deng17
Sylpheed

Send a message via Yahoo to deng17
@BigSmoke
Well, she didn't play the solo part anyway. But yeah, 2 months is hell fast. I think I was still learning power chords by that time.
deng17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 00:37   Link #1876
trenton_dawn
Silt

Yeah, Fuwa Fuwa Time is easy but not that easy. I think I was able to play it after about 2/3 months but that's only because I had years of piano experience so picking up the guitar came a little more easily.

But one thing you guys might not giving Yui enough credit for it how much she practices when she really gets into it. I mean, she neglects her studies and everything, that must be hours in a row. I don't think I've ever really done that.
Old 2011-09-02, 04:30   Link #1877
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

First song I learnt was Cagayake Girls, and that was after about 2 months or so. It took me another few months to get the hang of being able to alt strum though. These days I tend to play for about 2 hours or so (sometimes more depending on how far I get into it)
Old 2011-09-02, 09:05   Link #1878
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

yes, fuwa fuwa time is indeed pretty easy, now. but when i first started out playing the guitar, oh man, gave me a really tough time learning it with the tabs on gp available at that time. (i used to stare at the screen and say, "what the heck is that?", because i only know some power chords back then. even remembered the time when i can't sleep because i kept on thinking a part of that song that i couldn't really do, haha). took me about 2 months to roughly learn it.

oh yeah, my question. i've been trying that 3rd string 22nd fret 8va harmonic you were telling me about (using pinch harmonics), but the sound doesn't ring for a long time. maybe because it's so close to the bridge that it doesn't have enough lengh to gain power. well, i've tried to transpose it on the 2nd string, improved sound, but still lacks the power. am i doing something wrong? or what should i really do? (should i use pinch harmonics for this?)

thanks.
Old 2011-09-02, 09:09   Link #1879
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

I can't play it in time at all. I just can't seem to get the hang of it :/
Old 2011-09-02, 15:27   Link #1880
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
yes, fuwa fuwa time is indeed pretty easy, now. but when i first started out playing the guitar, oh man, gave me a really tough time learning it with the tabs on gp available at that time. (i used to stare at the screen and say, "what the heck is that?", because i only know some power chords back then. even remembered the time when i can't sleep because i kept on thinking a part of that song that i couldn't really do, haha). took me about 2 months to roughly learn it.

oh yeah, my question. i've been trying that 3rd string 22nd fret 8va harmonic you were telling me about (using pinch harmonics), but the sound doesn't ring for a long time. maybe because it's so close to the bridge that it doesn't have enough lengh to gain power. well, i've tried to transpose it on the 2nd string, improved sound, but still lacks the power. am i doing something wrong? or what should i really do? (should i use pinch harmonics for this?)

thanks.
I'm not too good with pinch harmonics myself, so I've encountered similar problems as you have. But I found that you can improve the sound by adjusting your gain settings; what guitar/amp are you using?