Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-18, 21:50   Link #3401
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Taste is debatable.
Old 2011-10-18, 22:02   Link #3402
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Different approaches give different results. I did grow tired of participating in and then criticizing the other two tournaments.

There's no correct model, and it's a huge waste of time trying to create the SUPER ULTRA PERFECT TOURNAMENT OF ABSOLUTE DEMOCRACY THAT GIVES THE ABSOLUTE MOE VALUE OF A CHARACTER.

I think the first thing people should learn about moe is that it's a feeling and that it cannot be quantified. So the tournament should give you feelings. Fun, rage, love, rage, happiness, anger and rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anisu View Post
More like most of us foreigners have awful taste.
I did keep my count in 2007 when foreign reversals happened, and it was generally a turn for the worse. People's choices here were way too biased toward few series. It's not like the radicals against foreign voting didn't have arguments, we fed them enough of those.

Although, it's not like 2011 2ch is performing much better. It's as if THEY need to watch more anime now...

Never forget
Old 2011-10-18, 22:47   Link #3403
daze

Quote:
Originally Posted by anisu
More like most of us foreigners have awful taste.
this is the smartest piece of commentary (barring mine) in this entire thread.
Old 2011-10-18, 23:19   Link #3404
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

OMG. Misaka lost to astarotte?? i know i was wishing for her to be out, but not to lotte!! what???! is it because misaka isn't a loli and lotte is?? Seriously, fuck this lolifags!! they have the shittiest taste ever. anyway, i told you, Misaka wasn't that strong.. but honestly, i'm surprisingly sad about this. DX

I hope for no sniping in my madoka matches.. either madoka or mami should win, dammit!!
Old 2011-10-18, 23:43   Link #3405
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Japan just moeblob fags and series fags. Hardly what I'd call good taste.

How many Madoka girls are left again?
Old 2011-10-18, 23:43   Link #3406
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post

4 left now
Old 2011-10-18, 23:52   Link #3407
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Too many.

But poor Homura. Her despair increases ever so.
Old 2011-10-19, 00:14   Link #3408
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:

Series faggotry is better than loli faggotry. Madoka girls aren't moe blobs. it's just that, 2ch, finally had a good taste for once. LOL. I hope for mami to break that flat-chested trend of winners this year. >=)
Old 2011-10-19, 00:20   Link #3409
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Tenshi and Misaka are the two characters this year with the most amount of Chinese multi-votes discovered... At least they still have that other moe popularity poll next door.

Even the girls want her...
Old 2011-10-19, 00:25   Link #3410
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Series faggotry is better than loli faggotry. Madoka girls aren't moe blobs. it's just that, 2ch, finally had a good taste for once. LOL. I hope for mami to break that flat-chested trend of winners this year. >=)
Seeing as how a series has nothing to do with a characters moe quality, and being loli is a moe trait...I'd have to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaKirisame
Tenshi and Misaka are the two characters this year with the most amount of Chinese multi-votes discovered... At least they still have that other moe popularity poll next door.
Are we talking mutlivotes that were detected and removed, or multivotes that got through? Also, lol China. Ruining your own contest was good enough!
Old 2011-10-19, 00:30   Link #3411
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
being loli is a moe trait..
eh?? not for me. Loli=/=moe. Loli is shit. while moe is well..moe. LOL
Old 2011-10-19, 00:33   Link #3412
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Seeing as how a series has nothing to do with a characters moe quality,

I honestly disagree. I think that moe girls can have a synergistic effect on one another, building up one another's moe quality through relationship conflicts and dynamics between them. This is definitely a factor in why I like many of the girls in Madoka Magica, Saki, K-On!, and... the various Nanoha shows.

So, for me, a moe girl in a series with other moe girls is likely to have an edge on a moe girl all on her lonesome in a series that's otherwise a fairly typical anime cast.
Old 2011-10-19, 00:35   Link #3413
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
eh?? not for me. Loli=/=moe. Loli is shit. while moe is well..moe. LOL
Doesn't matter what it is for you. It is for a lot of other people, however. Being loli is easily equated to innocence, and moe voters dig that "shit."

Homura is borderline loli herself. As is Madoka.
Old 2011-10-19, 00:44   Link #3414
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Are we talking mutlivotes that were detected and removed, or multivotes that got through? Also, lol China. Ruining your own contest was good enough!
Tenshi had around 150 votes banned for being multivotes after her first round against Mugi. There was a crackdown on Misaka's multivoting before yesterday's match. On a Chinese forum someone has admitted to being the cause of the multivotes for Misaka in the first 3 rounds and that his votes during the Misaka-Victorique match were the ones that were reported and banned.

Old 2011-10-19, 00:47   Link #3415
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Doesn't matter what it is for you. It is for a lot of other people, however. Being loli is easily equated to innocence, and moe voters dig that "shit."

Homura is borderline loli herself. As is Madoka.
not in mah eyes. LOL. Homura and madoka may seem loli for some, but not for me. i don't count characters as loli if they aren't in mah eyes. >= )yeah, tasteless people dig that loli shit. i have exception with lolis though. i like quite a few. LOL.

EDIT: @Marisa Kirisame:

so if that moron didn't multivote, homura could've been the winner. DX dang. oh well, atleast there's still mah mami-san and the rest of mah PMMM girls carrying their REAL VOTES.
Old 2011-10-19, 00:53   Link #3416
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
Tenshi had around 150 votes banned for being multivotes after her first round against Mugi. There was a crackdown on Misaka's multivoting before yesterday's match. On a Chinese forum someone has admitted to being the cause of the multivotes for Misaka in the first 3 rounds and that his votes during the Misaka-Victorique match were the ones that were reported and banned.
Who else did he vote. I must know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I honestly disagree. I think that moe girls can have a synergistic effect on one another, building up one another's moe quality through relationship conflicts and dynamics between them. This is definitely a factor in why I like many of the girls in Madoka Magica, Saki, K-On!, and... the various Nanoha shows.

So, for me, a moe girl in a series with other moe girls is likely to have an edge on a moe girl all on her lonesome in a series that's otherwise a fairly typical anime cast.
You bring a good point, but 98% of all that is trivialized to yuri moe. In fact, every single show you mentioned suffers from this. All the complexity is reduced to a single 'x'. Truly the worst fanbase possible.

Never forget
Old 2011-10-19, 01:12   Link #3417
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Who else did he vote. I must know.
It's not just one person voting, more like a group of people who have come together to support Misaka, although this guy was a leader of sorts. He did say that he helped Saten into the top 8 last year but judging from the other Railgun characters' votes this year my guess is that they only really served Misaka this year.

Old 2011-10-19, 01:13   Link #3418
abc0716

Oh my, sounds like a sportsman (or suppose is sportswoman) failed in the doping test on the post-match. Wonder what they will do to settle this incident.

Quote:
Where do you find out about this? We're curious about it.
Old 2011-10-19, 01:19   Link #3419
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
It's not just one person voting, more like a group of people who have come together to support Misaka, although this guy was a leader of sorts. He did say that he helped Saten into the top 8 last year but judging from the other Railgun characters' votes this year my guess is that they only really served Misaka this year.
I knew that result was too unbelievably shitty to be true.
Old 2011-10-19, 01:36   Link #3420
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Oh my, sounds like a sportsman (or suppose is sportswoman) failed in the doping test on the post-match. Wonder what they will do to settle this incident.

Where do you find out about this? We're curious about it.
This link if you can read Chinese.

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, saimoe, tournament