Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
This has been bugging me for a while,
NoSanninWa what's with the white cross?
And is it meant to always be symmetrical?
A guess, Is it suppose to be one half of another symbol which is a hint answer to a question you've had pressed on you in the past?
Wat white cross are you talking about Cats? You mean like the Christans white cross or the one on NSnw's Kino avatar?

ps: I've noticed that I have missed so many AS members by not participating in the Anime subthreads, like Current series and suches ^_^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 02:20   Link #582
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

There actually hasn't been a avatar that didn't have it.
Well my guess is wrong anyway. I rememeber he used it from the very begining.
Old 2007-07-30, 06:55   Link #583
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I suppose it isn't another topic derailment to ask what "MU!" means. It is a silly question after all, so I shall revel in your silliness. If you watch the avatar for a whole loop you'll see it says, "Mu!" once in a while.

The avatar is indeed a commetary on moe and I am very pleased someone actually noticed that fact. I actually first used this avatar about a year ago for a month or so and after that it languished it my avatars folder. It started life as an animation I found... somewhere... I don't really remember where, but it was annoymous so I didn't know who made it. I modified it a bit and added my trademark cross.

As for the white cross... It is simply an identifying feature of the first avatar I ever used on this forum. After than, whenever I changed my avatar I kept the cross.

Here is a selection of some of the avatars I have used in the past:

. . . .

If anyone would like to make me a new avatar, feel free and I'll use it if I like it. They all have two things in common: The trademark white "X" and the vagueness of gender.

Now how's that for a complete answer. I think the topic is closed.
Ack, okay, it was closed. But With Reference To Cats' Question;

Is it simply an identifying symbol? Dunno. I am not Nsw. How would I know? Innominate, you have some serious issues. D=

-Grats Cats on fourth box, I think I am pretty late ^^
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 01:32   Link #584
eoki
Eeek!

Where do you get your anime pictures from?

I've been around alot of forums (not with this name though, lol) and i've seen alot of signature's that are self-made, and i always wonder "where do they find all of those pictures?". I myself find it hard to get a picture of a lot of anime character that i can crop the image out nicely and use it to put into sigs, so i was wondering where you guys get yours from.
eoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 04:17   Link #585
Thingey
Banned

hmm... quick question:

Why when i refresh the site homepage the banner at the top changes?

Just curious
Thingey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 04:49   Link #586
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

We get bored with the same thing,no?.. Animesuki use a rotation system where banners get rotate on every refresh..

Currently, we on the process of selecting some new banners based on sky theme, why dont you drop by and have your say as well... link in my current sig
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 05:39   Link #587
Thingey
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
We get bored with the same thing,no?.. Animesuki use a rotation system where banners get rotate on every refresh..
ah.. I see. That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Currently, we on the process of selecting some new banners based on sky theme, why dont you drop by and have your say as well... link in my current sig
If i get the light bulb above my head one of these days, I might post some banner ideas.

Last edited by Thingey; 2007-07-31 at 05:40. Reason: put the first quote backwards >.<
Thingey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 05:42   Link #588
CrucialBlade
Winged Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoki View Post
I've been around alot of forums (not with this name though, lol) and i've seen alot of signature's that are self-made, and i always wonder "where do they find all of those pictures?". I myself find it hard to get a picture of a lot of anime character that i can crop the image out nicely and use it to put into sigs, so i was wondering where you guys get yours from.
if you go onto photobucket.com then search for renders they have loads there :^)

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-07-31 at 05:55.
CrucialBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 12:17   Link #589
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoki View Post
I wander the internet look through many image boards and image sites. I'll name a few so you can find some yourself ^_^.

Animepaper.net <--- I hate this site. I hate static IP so it's useless for me. ( don't really like eliteist site like this, but I understand there's always gonna be leechers)
Minitoyko.net <-- need registration like Animepaper, but your free 5 Download is back up every day, unlike AP.

http://moe.imouto.org/ <-- good place to find large and good quality images for anime related things. The tag system there is useless cause, I know, I can never search for tags. If you can, it's a good place, unless you like checking at random tags to look at random images ^_^.

http://e-shuushuu.net/ <-- good and friendly image board. I only hate it cause it's sorta unorganized and it doesn't clear it's data after so long, like a 2 weeks or so. 5500+ pages is a lot to look through. (i'm at page 56 ^_^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingamabob View Post
hmm... quick question:

Why when i refresh the site homepage the banner at the top changes?

Just curious
Like KiNa said, it rotates so you don't have to view the same banner over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrucialBlade View Post
if you go onto photobucket.com then search for renders they have loads there :^)
I did not know that ^_^. Some of the vectors looks pretty nice

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-08-01 at 19:55.
Old 2007-08-01, 19:20   Link #590
Lecrew

Send a message via ICQ to Lecrew Send a message via MSN to Lecrew
How many moderators are in this forum?

Because I'm berely a newbie and I used to been another forum before.
Lecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 19:31   Link #591
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
4 administrators :
GHDpro
NightWish
NoSanninWa
xris

10 moderators :
ElvenPath
Hellychan
Hunter
JustAnotherFan
Keitaro
kj1980
Lefteris_D
monir
Pellissier
Skyfall

You can check it here...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 19:52   Link #592
Lecrew

Thanks for the info. ^ ^
Old 2007-08-01, 19:52   Link #593
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by furuno View Post
4 administrators :
GHDpro
NightWish
NoSanninWa
xris

10 moderators :
ElvenPath
Hellychan
Hunter
JustAnotherFan
Keitaro
kj1980
Lefteris_D
monir
Pellissier
Skyfall

You can check it here...
Depending on which sub thread you use the most you'll see only a few of them. Skyfall and Pellissier are on the ones I don't usually use. Most of the time i'm on the General Chat and Discussion, so I mostly see Xris and Nosanninwa. There's a few I don't ever see ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrew View Post
How many moderators are in this forum?

Because I'm berely a newbie and I used to been another forum before.
I judge how newbie a person is by how they respond to questions and the questions they answer. Question like where is this, where can i find this, are normal question, so no person should ever be label a noobie for asking those questions.

Old 2007-08-01, 20:12   Link #594
Lecrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I judge how newbie a person is by how they respond to questions and the questions they answer. Question like where is this, where can i find this, are normal question, so no person should ever be label a noobie for asking those questions.
I have known this site since 6 months ago before I became a noobie member, so I haven't knew how many moderators are there. Just went for this site for just a short time, but suddenly I became an active and might want to be a member to share informations, reply, and etc. to other members.

Last edited by Lecrew; 2007-08-01 at 20:27.
Old 2007-08-02, 03:09   Link #595
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrew View Post
I have known this site since 6 months ago before I became a noobie member, so I haven't knew how many moderators are there. Just went for this site for just a short time, but suddenly I became an active and might want to be a member to share informations, reply, and etc. to other members.
And I welcome you to AnimeSuki. Enjoy your stay, make some internet pals and have some fun while you're at it ^_^ (visit my deviantart too, I like comments )

Old 2007-08-02, 17:24   Link #596
jedinat

This is a question concerning a certain Aria wallpaper I came across:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ria_251226.jpg

Question: Is the Akari featured in this image male or female? I get the distinct, creepy impression that it is the male Akari.
(to know what I am talking about you would had to have seen the alternate reality gender swap episode of Aria the Natural)
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 18:56   Link #597
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
@jedinat:

Uh... the male Akari had short hair...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:17   Link #598
jedinat

Don't "Uh..." me. The chest is most definitely flat and the expression is quite un-Akari-like with sort of a boyish glint to the eyes. Well, anyways it's too questionable for me to use.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 20:08   Link #599
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
The image is probably done by Kozue Amano herself (author of the AQUA and ARIA manga). Her style is slightly different from the anime, so that's what probably bothered you.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 23:09   Link #600
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
If you don't mind a second opinion, I'm fairly certain it's normal female Akari. Male-Akari did have short hair, and he also had manly-ish arms (they were a bit bigger ne)... Not to mention, it would be evil to give Male-Akari those wide girly hips.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious