AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-09, 01:12   Link #1
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Dragon Nest: An Anime Inspired Action MMORPG.

Promo Videos:

CG:

Gameplay:

Dragon Nest is slated for Close Beta this June (Originally it was May 17th but got pushed back a couple of weeks) So Sign up while you can!

There are four basic start classes: Warrior, Cleric, Mage and Archer. They're all gender lock btw.

They each have two class changes:

Warrior: Swords Master or Mercenary
Cleric: Paladin or Priest
Mage: Elemental Lord or Force User
Archer: Bow Master or Acrobat

Here's a little preview of the class changes:
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 02:17   Link #2
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Why are they gender locked? This looks alot like Fiesta with a gender-lock lol.

Any news when will it be out?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 02:42   Link #3
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why are they gender locked? This looks alot like Fiesta with a gender-lock lol.

Any news when will it be out?
The characters are storyline based, iirc is why the classes are gender locked.

Close Beta is June, that's all that is known. You can sign up for it right now.

I wouldn't call it Fiesta lol, since its an action base game and not point and click.
Old 2011-05-09, 03:42   Link #4
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Gender locking is just plain lazy.

Yet another free-to-play MMORPG that forces you to spend hundreds of dollars a month on virtual merch just to stay competitive, I'm sure. Do we really need more of these?
Old 2011-05-09, 05:11   Link #5
Kafriel
Senior Guest

No, but it always works. People get bored of the previous ones, and I've seen entire guilds (100 member ones) migrate from one MMO to another. That was also when I stopped playing...anyway, looks fun, if grinding isn't as painful I might give it a shot, been a looong time since I played an MMO.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 07:21   Link #6
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Applied for closed beta. If they start cock-blocking like other American games I am toast.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 09:05   Link #7
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Gender locking is just plain lazy.

Yet another free-to-play MMORPG that forces you to spend hundreds of dollars a month on virtual merch just to stay competitive, I'm sure. Do we really need more of these?
With any luck the cash shop stuff will be mostly vanity wares like some that I know of.

Besides, this is a skill based game, if you die all the time people will just laugh at you and say lrn2dodge
Old 2011-05-09, 11:02   Link #8
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Applied for closed beta. If they start cock-blocking like other American games I am toast.
what would you be cockblocked? XD

Oooh dur XD

hey atleast you guys get the bad ass elemtalmaster, Freakin fire boarding is sweat. but hey men get paladin which is logical
Old 2011-05-09, 11:09   Link #9
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
what would you be cockblocked? XD

Oooh dur XD

hey atleast you guys get the bad ass elemtalmaster, Freakin fire boarding is sweat. but hey men get paladin which is logical
lol you too? I'm going for Paladin as well
Old 2011-05-09, 11:22   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Not that women arent strong enough to be in the front lines but personaly I'd perfer it to be me in the front line before a woman has to ...
Old 2011-05-09, 11:56   Link #11
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

lol me too, male testosterone ftw? XD
Old 2011-05-09, 12:01   Link #12
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
lol me too, male testosterone ftw? XD
Nah, women and children safty first :P

but it is just a game and gender lock is kinda annoyin...

somethins wrong with my application form.. i click the submit button and nothing happens
Old 2011-05-09, 12:13   Link #13
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
It just means that the game is more story focused so the genders are locked.. It makes sense but it's still stupid because well, it's a MMO so the story probably won't even ever be finished so what's the point -_-

I hope that it atleast allows customization unlike Elsword and few other games. If I have to play as a male or a female, that's okay, but I doubt it makes any difference for the game if my hairstyle/face etc. look a bit different <_<.

Anyway.. I have big expectations for this game. Unlike some to think that this is just '' yet another mmorpg with cash shop '', they're wrong. How many action based MMO's can you come up with where SKILL is required ? Most are just point and click and attacks can't be avoided even if you outrun them. ( *Looks at Aion where magical skills thrown at you would go even through solid rock if you tried to outrun them* ).

Only .. Seeing this has NA release too I'm worried that they will block IP's from elsewhere. Does anyone know what the Global version of Dragon Nest is supposed to be though ? If you look at Wikipedia, it lists there global version to be released by '' Cherry Credits '' but I can't even find any information that wtf is Cherry Credits other than a Facebook page.
Old 2011-05-09, 12:20   Link #14
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I fear it will be IP blocked as well.

If it’s not mage ftw! =P
Old 2011-05-09, 12:34   Link #15
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

IP blocked? Wth
Old 2011-05-09, 12:43   Link #16
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Nah, women and children safty first :P

but it is just a game and gender lock is kinda annoyin...

somethins wrong with my application form.. i click the submit button and nothing happens
Oh, it submitted, it just seems that nothing happened, try refreshing the page or go back and click the apply again and it'll say that you already submitted.

Quote:
IP blocked? Wth
Depending on the connectivity they use they could region lock the game to avoid massive lag. If the game uses P2P for the instances, the game will be region locked to avoid the lag.
Old 2011-05-09, 13:07   Link #17
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
It's like that with any games really where you can host your own server .. If you live far away, then you lag. But if you join a server ( party for instance ) then the only person lagging will be YOU so I don't see how that bothers others. Anyway, seems that I've signed up for the beta already earlier and just realized Nexon also hosts Atlantica Online which I have played. With that said, it has given me some hope that there will be no IP blocks in Dragon Nest either.

I think I've played Mabinogi too from Nexon, although someone here said Mabinogi requires Hotspot shield ? ( In the Elsword thread )
Old 2011-05-09, 13:15   Link #18
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't think Dragon Nest uses P2P connection, so I think out of NA people will probably be fine. I believe DN uses a open world + Instanced dungeons, similar to Dragon Saga if you ever played that.

Edit:
I just looked it up, it does indeed have some sort of world map. I think you people outside the US are good to go!

Edit #2:
Apparently the world is pretty big that it's easy to get lost and confused, people actually developed a mapping tool to help locate instances and npcs lol
Old 2011-05-09, 13:25   Link #19
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The absurd thing about P2P is that technically the solution you should come with is to just have separate channels (or just a seperate server; even if that server is not in the target region it won’t matter) since even if the servers are far away since your connection is P2P as long as other players are from the same region as you there (should be) no problem.
Old 2011-05-09, 15:16   Link #20
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Did you use an 8+ digit PW? Anyways, I signed up, but can't find a DL link. I've never been in time for a closed beta, do they send it over mail?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote