Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-25, 22:19   Link #1
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
ADV Licenses Madlax

ADV Films at Anime Weekend Atlanta (09:36 PM EDT): Adding another title to their library, ADV Films has announced their acquisition of Madlax at this weekend's Anime Weekend Atlanta convention.

* from AnimeonDVD
Old 2004-09-25, 22:53   Link #2
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
ADV Films at Anime Weekend Atlanta (09:36 PM EDT): Adding another title to their library, ADV Films has announced their acquisition of Madlax at this weekend's Anime Weekend Atlanta convention.

* from AnimeonDVD
Wow. Two series licensed and both were done by Lunar!

Are Girls Bravo and Aishiteruze Baby next?
Old 2004-09-25, 22:59   Link #3
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
and so close to completion too. Oh well twas a good series and was bound to happen.
Old 2004-09-25, 23:00   Link #4
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell

* from AnimeonDVD
It has finally happened....... just before the last ep is going to be released, it is licensed! I never thought I would see it happen in real life.
Well, I know someone ppl here (the Madlax thread) live in Japan and can watch it on TV. If they would be so kind to give us details of last ep, I will much appreciate. XD
Old 2004-09-25, 23:01   Link #5
wao
OK.

WTH? That's amazing timing. Just before the last episode. As in, JUST BEFORE. Wow. I guess we had to see this coming. Great! Well, #animesuki.party, time to change shows again...

I don't need to whine about this not coming to Singapore as I wasn't so keen on this series, but.... man, that's a lot of stuff...
Old 2004-09-25, 23:57   Link #6
andromeda

*cries* I don't usually bemoan licensing announcements, but this one kinda sucks! (pretty much only because of the timing) Now it'll be what, 2.5 years till we get to see a translated version of the final episode *sigh*. Oh well, hopefully some of the Japanese folks here will be kind enough to post a synopsis for us.
Old 2004-09-26, 00:01   Link #7
Yxy
chaunen...

ARGHHHH
nvm, I can read chinese. Still pissed off, though
<whines>

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
WTH? That's amazing timing. Just before the last episode. As in, JUST BEFORE. Wow. I guess we had to see this coming. Great! Well, #animesuki.party, time to change shows again...

I don't need to whine about this not coming to Singapore as I wasn't so keen on this series, but.... man, that's a lot of stuff...
Old 2004-09-26, 01:09   Link #8
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite

Lunar must have the inside scoop. I think these were all their projects they worked on this year and all got licensed.

Bakuretsu Tenshi
Chrno Crusade
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
Maburaho
Onegai Twins
Peace Maker Kurogane
Shura No Toki
Old 2004-09-26, 01:52   Link #9
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
Lunar must have the inside scoop. I think these were all their projects they worked on this year and all got licensed.

Bakuretsu Tenshi
Chrno Crusade
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
Maburaho
Onegai Twins
Peace Maker Kurogane
Shura No Toki
I think the correct phrasing is that that they pick up projects that are very obviously going to be licensed... then again..they pick up so many projects too that its nearly 100% statistically likely that at least one will get licensed.

And I really hope we dont get any more "OMG, 1 EP LEFT. PLEASE TELL ME WHO SUB THIS ONEONE!!!!111111"
Old 2004-09-26, 03:24   Link #10
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
I think the correct phrasing is that that they pick up projects that are very obviously going to be licensed... then again..they pick up so many projects too that its nearly 100% statistically likely that at least one will get licensed.

And I really hope we dont get any more "OMG, 1 EP LEFT. PLEASE TELL ME WHO SUB THIS ONEONE!!!!111111"
Or you could also say that with the proliferation of anime in the US market more and more of the new animes are winding up licensed so any group will likely wind up with licensed series...
Old 2004-09-26, 05:40   Link #11
7thMethuselah

OMG That's so cruel, we had only 1 more episode to go . Ah well, I hope someone posts a detailed summary of the final ep later on, since I don't think I'll buy Madlax, it was ok, but not ok enough
Old 2004-09-26, 09:04   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:

Girls Bravo? Yeah, I hope that one gets licenced, but Aishiteruze Baby better not until it's done or my mom will commit ritual suicide when she hears that she's gotta wait nearly a year or more to finish the series.
Old 2004-09-26, 09:30   Link #13
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
While I fully understand that ADV has every right not to give a crap about fansubs, this wasn't very nice of them :P

I just hope they don't sit on the series for a year, like they've done several times before...
Old 2004-09-26, 09:46   Link #14
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Girls Bravo? Yeah, I hope that one gets licenced, but Aishiteruze Baby better not until it's done or my mom will commit ritual suicide when she hears that she's gotta wait nearly a year or more to finish the series.

She could always read the manga Scanlations are still around and easy to get.
And Girls Bravo, I'd prefer the uncut version too, I got tired of the fog, watching at a screen which is white for 50% all the time started to annoy me. One wonders why they didn't draw bathing suits or something on those girls... (prolly too much work)

sry 'bout the off topic post
Old 2004-09-26, 11:44   Link #15
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, it probubly is too much work for them. Look at all the work that CN did just to "de-ecchi" Tenshi Muyo. I think they said they spent something like $3mil just to make it "kid friendly". Man, that's just crazy.
Old 2004-09-26, 12:03   Link #16
FlyByNite

ADV's release schedule is always screwy, they licensed Maburaho like a week before Getbackers and Getbackers is already airing on the anime network.

Plus they've licensed A TON of series this year. There's gonna be a big backlog at ADV or else they'll be breaking in ALOT of new VA's...
Old 2004-09-26, 12:49   Link #17
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Shit happens, I guess. Whining about it won't change anything so I think it is matter of luck concerning about 1 last ep for Madlax.

Luckily I can read Chinese.
Old 2004-09-26, 12:53   Link #18
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Quote:
There's gonna be a big backlog at ADV or else they'll be breaking in ALOT of new VA's
No kidding there's a huge backlog. This is actually in ADV's best interests, should anything happen in Japan they'll have titles to release for months to years to come. That and in many ways they're forced to keep a backlog, for the aforementioned VA reasons, but also stores don't like stocking huge numbers of discs for a single series and they don't want to sap buyers dry.
Old 2004-09-26, 13:17   Link #19
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
ADV's release schedule is always screwy, they licensed Maburaho like a week before Getbackers and Getbackers is already airing on the anime network.

Plus they've licensed A TON of series this year. There's gonna be a big backlog at ADV or else they'll be breaking in ALOT of new VA's...
You make a good point on this, but at the same time ADV might be stocking up for a big anime blitz stateside to really put themselves out on top. Then again, they may see something coming in japan that would hurt them so they're stockpiling so that they can weather it easier. The third option is, they were low on viable titles, so they're grabbing all they can now while others are arguing over other bigger series like Naruto and such. Once that's out of the way and they've burned themselves out licencing titles, then they can go quietly into hiding and crank all these out and while everyone else is stuck on the licence, process, and release cycle, adv has already knocked out all their licencing stuff and is concentrating strictly on the process and release stuff, which in the long run would put them in the advantage.

I can't really say which of those three it will be, but it would be interesting to see which comes true.
Old 2004-09-26, 13:36   Link #20
moofs
TL to the rescue!

[joke]
It's a conspiracy I tell ya! I bet both the japanese companies and ADV secretly plotted this to happen.

BeeTrain: So like, there are these 2 fansub groups subbing Madlax.
ADV: Really?!
Beetrain: Yeah like, if we don't stop them somehow, we're gonna lose all the stateside profits!
ADV: No way!
Beetrain: Really like, at least they don't know that we know they will stop subbing upon license announcements.
ADV: Jajajajaja.
Beetrain: Anyway like, we're gonna give you the license for free for now and you can pay later. Since we need you to announce it right before the last episode airs!
ADV: Awesome!
Beetrain: So like, with the license announcement, halt all outside viewers from watching the ending and force them to buy the DVD's! Kekekeke.
ADV: Wohoo!

*The next day*

ADV: Ahem. We are glad to finally announce that we have acquired the license to Madlax!
Fansub leechers: Noooooooo! This...can't...be >_< ._. -_- =.= >.> <.< Blar I tell ye! T_T

So yep, they planned this all along. It's so obvious! I mean, with ADV licensing so many series at once, it's just too much! [/joke]

Meh, sue me, I got bored :P
But I dunno, am kinda glad it got licensed. I really need to clear up my HD and also ever since FMA came out, I've been wanting to buy the DVD's instead of just leech! This anime probably won't be too bad, the VA's won't have too do much emotional lines. Margaret hardly says long sentences and Madlax is just flat all the way. Elinor will sound like a typical house maid. Only surprising would be how Friday Monday will sound.
Closed Thread