Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-02-10, 09:13   Link #181
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny View Post
So besides staying home and on the internet what does everyone else do on this holiday?
Resting after school exams, then going to play Volleyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
If you really loves somoeone, why do you have to wait for 1 day per year to show your love? Treasure him/her 365 days per year..

Wanna give him/her homemade chocolate? Just bake some and give it, why wait for a particular day? For me, getting something out of the blue shows that I'm special to her then just getting something once a year, just because its a tradition to give your special something. It feels .. fake.

Of course then, showing him/her that you really love them in your action speaks louder then a bouquet/lorry of roses or chocolate or those fuzzy little teddy bears you give them yearly anyway.

And before dismissing this post coming from a single bachelor, I do have a special someone.. And if according to Valentines's tradition, I'll be giving my present to the same person again .. who I've given present since I'm 11.
I don't think there is anything wrong to celebrate the St Valentin, you can treasure the love of your life everyday and saying to her to be your valentine again every year. It would be sooooo cute .

Also, for some people it's like christmas. You could give presents to a person whatever the day of the year, but christmas feels like a special day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Valentine's Day last year was actually kind of fun because it fell on the day of my anime club's weekly screening. Although the club didn't do anything special for the occassion, one guy brought chocolate cupcakes for everyone. And let's face it, you feel less like the only single around when everyone around you is in the same boat - actually, our turnout for that week's screening was quite a bit higher than usual.
Well, being single is not a curse after all,
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 09:24   Link #182
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'll be studying for my exams, keep recovering from the recent disease I got, sleep after I exhaust myself and dream of a romantic valentine's night...yes, the level of my plans is unfathomable indeed.
P.S: in case anyone's wondering, there are no girls in my university and I spend more time there than home.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-02-10 at 10:17.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 10:00   Link #183
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Have a girlfriend, that's me sorted. Don't particularly mind Vday, not a fan of the extra errands though. I value it more than most people here by the looks of it, sometimes an excuse to get closer to your partner is a good thing. The way I see it, it's a good chance for people in budding relationships to take things a step further (an impetus), not so much for those who already have a well established bond with their partner. But hey, everyone attaches different value to the whole thing.

Last edited by Kakashi; 2009-02-10 at 10:11.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 13:15   Link #184
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Let's see...what am I doing on the 14th: wake up early, set up and run the convention Registration desk from about 9am till 6pm, close reg, deal with the papers/finances, prepare for Reg for the next day, maybe eat somewhere in there, and then sleep late after helping shut down the con for the evening to prepare for another early morning.

Oh, and here's an early happy Single Awareness Day
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 14:18   Link #185
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
happy Single Awareness Day
lol i will be joining you on that day...
Old 2009-02-10, 15:13   Link #186
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Even Yahoo!Travel has some support for Single Awareness Day:

10 Must-Avoid Spots for Singles on Valentine's Day
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 15:17   Link #187
flohtingPoint
Limited Slip

Send a message via ICQ to flohtingPoint Send a message via AIM to flohtingPoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Even Yahoo!Travel has some support for Single Awareness Day:

10 Must-Avoid Spots for Singles on Valentine's Day
lol... I read that and it's kinda absurd for Yahoo to think that a single person is going to hang out at an elegant chocolate shop, or just about their whole list of places.
flohtingPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 15:21   Link #188
klowny
OH NO

I decided to buy a rose for my school president and some other girl i think looks very good
but darn $5 a rose
Wish i can hit up a Adult Club
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 15:35   Link #189
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
If you really loves somoeone, why do you have to wait for 1 day per year to show your love? Treasure him/her 365 days per year..

Wanna give him/her homemade chocolate? Just bake some and give it, why wait for a particular day? For me, getting something out of the blue shows that I'm special to her then just getting something once a year, just because its a tradition to give your special something. It feels .. fake.

Of course then, showing him/her that you really love them in your action speaks louder then a bouquet/lorry of roses or chocolate or those fuzzy little teddy bears you give them yearly anyway.
You just took the words right out of my mouth.

I don't have a problem with Valentine's Day, but I don't particularly care about it one way or another. I like it much better when my boyfriend brings me flowers for no apparent reason or helps me cook dinner just because, and I'd rather buy him something goofy or bake him cookies out of the blue than do something epic just because I'm "supposed" to. Little things like that matter much more to me than getting a box of chocolates or some silly stuffed animal that will end up wasting away in a closet somewhere, long forgotten.

But we've never done much for Valentine's Day anyway. This year we're just eating pizza followed by me kicking his ass at Super Smash Bros.
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 16:29   Link #190
Wing Zero
Sleepy Head zzzz.....

I actually never bothered about Valentin's day, to me it was just another day... I don't know, maybe I'm to old fashion...

Anyway this time around, I'm going to watch the comedian Russell Peters at the O2 arena, should be hilaroius from a talented comedian.
Wing Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 18:11   Link #191
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Zero View Post
I'm going to watch the comedian Russell Peters at the O2 arena, should be hilaroius from a talented comedian.
no way, i had no idea he was in town. i'm stuck at uni.. and i just checked the tickits now, man £35-£45 depending on where you want to be, that's tough for a student...sob, sob.
Old 2009-02-10, 23:06   Link #192
darkfreya
The Queen Of Darkness

Send a message via MSN to darkfreya
it's my js prom on valetine's day so mostly with my friends and schoolmates
darkfreya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 01:22   Link #193
AyumiDesu
Kiss-sui.com Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zetsuei View Post
Do i really need to give her anything or just love her the way i normally do.....
I think that you can love her the way you normally do...
But if you feel that you WANT to do something for her for valentines day, how about love letter and a little balloon or chocolate if she likes.

But I really hope you enjoy the valentines day with her!
Ganbatte!!!
AyumiDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 13:28   Link #194
Amray

Despite the fact that I used to recieve some cards at school, I always never really payed much notice to St Valentines Day. But what I do not understand is; why do girls spend money on these cards and such only to write "Love ???? XX".

If I were a female then I would write my own name so that I atleast have a chance with the person I am writing it for as opposed to making it some big game. As a male I know for a fact that other males do not bother trying to find out who wrote them the card as they cannot be bothered and if anything it annoys them...like it does me. If they wrote their name I would probably respect them more....or is this guessing game only understandable to girls? Should I understand this?
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 14:06   Link #195
Katydid

Send a message via AIM to Katydid Send a message via MSN to Katydid
I'll probably be doing nothing special. Maybe go out drinking with my other single friends and hate on everyone who is out doing couple-y things, lol.
Katydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 14:41   Link #196
Nerroth
NePoi!

Well, at least we know what someone will be getting this Valentine's...
Old 2009-02-11, 18:07   Link #197
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
Despite the fact that I used to recieve some cards at school, I always never really payed much notice to St Valentines Day. But what I do not understand is; why do girls spend money on these cards and such only to write "Love ???? XX".

If I were a female then I would write my own name so that I atleast have a chance with the person I am writing it for as opposed to making it some big game. As a male I know for a fact that other males do not bother trying to find out who wrote them the card as they cannot be bothered and if anything it annoys them...like it does me. If they wrote their name I would probably respect them more....or is this guessing game only understandable to girls? Should I understand this?
What? Anonymous cards? Kinda weird I guess they are too shy, so they confess anonymously and watch over the reaction of the guy, and see if he seems interested or not to find out who they are.

That's my guess, at least xD
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 18:11   Link #198
ihpsta

I'll be waiting on couples for valentines day. Then using that money to enjoy long islands after. So I'm pretty stoked. =D
ihpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 11:43   Link #199
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
What? Anonymous cards? Kinda weird I guess they are too shy, so they confess anonymously and watch over the reaction of the guy, and see if he seems interested or not to find out who they are.

That's my guess, at least xD
I assume it is because they are too shy too. I wish that they would have written their name though..although that still may have made matters awkward, especially in school with peers and such.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 17:47   Link #200
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
I'll be spending Valentine's Day as a member of Team Lonely Drivers (word to Itsuki and Iketani from Initial D lol)

I thought I had a chance with someone but things didn't work out...I'm not gonna go out of my way to make people who have valentines feel miserable.

Just make the most of the day.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote