Notices

Old 2009-03-18, 00:27   Link #261
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Dark Shadow and Slim Bone
Cool looking dragon. Very...decrepit looking, though probably just the opposite.

Quote:
Warrior's Honor
I can see why that would take some weeks. That is really detailed, especially in the costume department. I like the wind flow from right to left, very consistent. I agree with Kai on the sky, but you don't notice it that much because there is so much else to look at.

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 00:52   Link #262
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai the Reaper View Post
These green skinned villains (are those goblins marching down the bridge?) need to buy a new sky.
Well, the goblins aren't very smart creatures

Quote:
Seriously speaking, it's nice that most of your drawings have some sort of story with them, like that legend here. It helps flesh out the characters and the picture.
These draws had a loooong story my friend, mostly, Warrior's Honor is based on a story that I invented like... 10 years ago, the character standing there is named Gatsurally the Lion (Tribute to C.S, Lewis,) a character created like 8 years ago which aspect has changed like 15 times, ROBO_GATSURALLY came out of this character as his evil copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesellus View Post
I can see why that would take some weeks. That is really detailed, especially in the costume department. I like the wind flow from right to left, very consistent. I agree with Kai on the sky, but you don't notice it that much because there is so much else to look at.
Thanks, I was very happy and exited with the realisation of this draw (that's why the lack of updates on VK2 )
Old 2009-03-18, 01:08   Link #263
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
These draws had a loooong story my friend, mostly, Warrior's Honor is based on a story that I invented like... 10 years ago, the character standing there is named Gatsurally the Lion (Tribute to C.S, Lewis,) a character created like 8 years ago which aspect has changed like 15 times, ROBO_GATSURALLY came out of this character as his evil copy.

Thanks, I was very happy and exited with the realisation of this draw (that's why the lack of updates on VK2 )
Love C.S. Lewis, pretty great books. Yeah I forgot to mention he reminded me A LOT of ROBO_GATSURALLY. It would have been cool for ROBO_GATSURALLY to turn all good with his other character, or at least have internal conflicts with him.

Take your time with VK2. I'll wait patiently for the next update.

Old 2009-03-18, 01:41   Link #264
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Love C.S. Lewis, pretty great books.
Me too, This character (Gatsurally the Lion) is a tribute to Lewis.

Gatsurally the Lion = Aslan the Lion

Gatsurally has a daughter named Lusy and his kingdom is named Aidran (Nardia writted in the oposite direction).

In that pic the woman higging Gatsurally is her wife and makes tribute to another writter.

Here comes a clue, she's a Wizard, she has scholl of magical arts and in her battle armor (not showed on the pic) there are the symbols of a Lion, a Hawk, a Badger and a Snake.

If anyone can guess to which writter this characters makes reference, he/she will get a cookie
Old 2009-03-18, 02:04   Link #265
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Well, ehem.... in other things.

Creative process on "Dark Shadow and Slim Bone" (creature on this pic.)

Spoiler for Sketch:

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2009-03-27 at 00:30.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 02:22   Link #266
Kaix
[. . .]

Quote:
That's really awesome! Did you ever write the story?
Quote:
In that pic the woman higging Gatsurally is her wife and makes tribute to another writter.

Here comes a clue, she's a Wizard, she has scholl of magical arts and in her battle armor (not showed on the pic) there are the symbols of a Lion, a Hawk, a Badger and a Snake.

If anyone can guess to which writter this characters makes reference, he/she will get a cookie
The character is a reference to J.K. Rowling? (Lion, Hawl, Badger, Snake - the four houses of Hogwarts? ) Oh yea, what's the character's name?
Quote:
Well, ehem.... in other things.

Creative process on "Dark Shadow and Slim Bone" (creature on this pic.)
I'll say, this is one of your most interesting pics. The finished product looks great, and it's awesome to see from what it started.

Kaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 02:45   Link #267
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Me too, This character (Gatsurally the Lion) is a tribute to Lewis.

Gatsurally the Lion = Aslan the Lion

Gatsurally has a daughter named Lusy and his kingdom is named Aidran (Nardia writted in the oposite direction).

Well...

Quote:

The character is a reference to J.K. Rowling? (Lion, Hawl, Badger, Snake - the four houses of Hogwarts? ) Oh yea, what's the character's name?
Kai beat me to my answer. Except I don't know who the character is. Because you said she had a school of magical arts, and Dumbledore is headmaster....well, McGonagall too. Unless it's not Harry Potter at all.

I like that creative process pic, it's really cool. All that hard work and detail! It looks pretty cool in black and white too.

Old 2009-03-18, 13:02   Link #268
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That's really awesome! Did you ever write the story?
Never. D:

But I have the story saved on my mind ... Not very usefull there though

Quote:
Yep, correct is a character in tribute to Rowling, in other reference her favourite drink is the ron

Her name doesn't make any reference though, she's named Radiant Rosia.

The look showed on the pic is an old look, I want to work her a new style because this look is from 5 years ago

Basically most of the characters on this story make some reference to an author, I have references to Tolkien, Louis Stevenson, Dante and Verne among others.

Quote:
I'll say, this is one of your most interesting pics. The finished product looks great, and it's awesome to see from what it started.
Thanks

Quote:
Kai beat me to my answer. Except I don't know who the character is. Because you said she had a school of magical arts, and Dumbledore is headmaster....well, McGonagall too. Unless it's not Harry Potter at all.
Tribute to Rowling, she has a school of Magical arts- reference to Howarts.
NOTE: The cookies demon attacks again on you mark T_T, can't give you cookies yet

Quote:
I like that creative process pic, it's really cool. All that hard work and detail! It looks pretty cool in black and white too.
Thanaks again
Old 2009-03-20, 13:48   Link #269
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Lokking for some advices here.

Spoiler for Sketch:

Characters is Vivio from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrykerS but in teen age, looking for a good costume and device for a little doujinshi (action, nothing erotic)

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2009-03-27 at 00:29.
Old 2009-03-20, 14:23   Link #270
Kaix
[. . .]

Interesting! Looks nice!

Let's see, I personally don't like the cloth-like-thing around her waist and hips. It looks unpractical and like it's waiting to fall off. It looks alright from the back, but not so nice from the front. Now the problem is I think it would look worse without it, so it might be better if you could replace it with something else.

The gloves and those things on the upper arm look nice. It's interesting that she has a full body-suit and not a skirt.

The rings don't really fit the device. Otherwise it looks quite simple. She's taking after her mama with the sphere shaped device, right? Then that top looks quite sharp and I keep getting the mental image of Vivio poking people with it. Ouch.

Kaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 01:54   Link #271
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Interesting! Looks nice!

Let's see, I personally don't like the cloth-like-thing around her waist and hips. It looks unpractical and like it's waiting to fall off. It looks alright from the back, but not so nice from the front. Now the problem is I think it would look worse without it, so it might be better if you could replace it with something else.

The gloves and those things on the upper arm look nice. It's interesting that she has a full body-suit and not a skirt.

The rings don't really fit the device. Otherwise it looks quite simple. She's taking after her mama with the sphere shaped device, right? Then that top looks quite sharp and I keep getting the mental image of Vivio poking people with it. Ouch.
Thanks, yeah, I'm gonna fix the clothe on her waist, wasn't very happy with it, also, gonna change the rings on Dawnstar

Working alredy on Version 2
Old 2009-03-23, 21:46   Link #272
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Evil Rick, I have a stange request for you, may I use that quote for a sig?
Quote:
"With my boddy cut by the sword, with my bones crushed by the hammer and my blood stainned on the ground, I'll stand and fight against the invaders of the Dark Lord and yell in my time of death 'My country is not a conquered land!'"
You finded it, so I feel like than I have to ask for permition for using it.
Old 2009-03-24, 01:56   Link #273
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Evil Rick, I have a stange request for you, may I use that quote for a sig? You finded it, so I feel like than I have to ask for permition for using it.
Of course, I will feel honred
Old 2009-03-24, 13:23   Link #274
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Version 2

Spoiler for Sketch:

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2009-03-27 at 00:28.
Old 2009-03-27, 00:28   Link #275
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Carnosaur

"The goblins approached the carnosaur with much stealth and caution, then they were devoured with much pain and agony"
Old 2009-03-27, 04:31   Link #276
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Hey Rick guess what? I haven't posted here in the last three months!

Really, I do check your thread, but I sometimes forget to post in certain places. >_<!
Old 2009-03-27, 11:20   Link #277
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Hey Rick guess what? I haven't posted here in the last three months!

Really, I do check your thread, but I sometimes forget to post in certain places. >_<!
That's okay, I haven't posted in your thread for a while either >.<
Old 2009-03-29, 15:40   Link #278
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

My version of Little Red Riding Hood

Spoiler for Minor blood:

Hmmm... granny shoule reconciderate on who's more dangerous, the eviol wolf or her cute grandaughter
Old 2009-03-29, 19:04   Link #279
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Hey Evil Rick Have't post here in a while. Like the skecthes BTW. You should do sketches more often.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 00:43   Link #280
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Monthly Update

Spoiler for Avatars:

Spoiler for Signatures:

Spoiler for Renders:

Spoiler for Draws:

Spoiler for Tutorials:

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2009-03-30 at 01:23.