AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 05:06   Link #21
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Too many scribbles and notes everywhere; it's so distracting and I always want to check them out. It's crazy how many times I paused in a single episode. I always end up stopping after 5 mins because it's too troublesome. I still have about 7 more episodes to go, and I heard there's going to be a season 3? I like the humour and I find it very original, but it's difficult to actually get into the mood to finish an episode.
Old 2008-09-28, 16:25   Link #22
Dingo
The polyphony

I take my time with everything. No matter if it's one of my favorites, or the worst piece of shit I've had to lay my eyes on.

But the recent longest would be rewatching Wolf's Rain. I started early May and finished late August, almost September. It was a great show(though the dialog was a bit silly at times) but very slowly paced. The OVA eps were definitely the best of.

Last edited by Dingo; 2008-09-28 at 21:42.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 12:40   Link #23
xia

The most recent I can think of is
KimiKiss

I only have maybe two episodes to go till i'm finished and I could give a darn less. I went huge gaps between seeing it because I had no interest what so ever, but I hate to not finish a series if I already watched half.

So right now it's on hiatus.

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 17:47   Link #24
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
For some reason I'm having a bit of a hard time finishing Fate/Stay Night, but thats probably because of the lack of time and laziness on my part. IT cant get any worse when I already have half of the episodes on here.

And Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei as well. Again, laziness and not really too much of a will to finish it. I've seen up to 8 of the first season but I'll try to finish it off next break I suppose.
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 05:35   Link #25
Dop
Mmmm....

With Zetsubou Sensei, I always used to watch the episodes twice. First time round, just sit and watch it normally. Then a day or so later, watch it again with finger on the pause button to catch all the background stuff I'd missed the first time.

I've got Kaiba sitting around, waiting to be watched, but I've never quite found the urge to finish it. I gave up on Allison & Lillia around the halfway mark, because the bit where
Spoiler for Allison & Lillia:
just irritated me so much I lost interest.

Zettai Karen Children, Real Drive, Telepathy Shoujo Ran and Wagaya no Oinari-sama I just kind of drifted away from. Some I may finish later if I get the time, but lately I've got a backlog of new DVDs to watch, and so little time to do it in!

Trying to clear the decks for the next season!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 15:35   Link #26
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Blood + - I stopped about episode 3 or 4... I dunno, it just wasn't captivating enough for me...

Da Capo - didn't even reach the 3rd episode and I was already tired of it... I can't really tell why, it just didn't hold my attention enough

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan - I finished it with a lot of effort really... I don't really like senseless comedy

Naruto Shippuden - yeah, this one's still not finished but I stopped watching as soon as that Sora filler arc came into the story... I hate fillers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Inuyasha
-After what seemed like the 100th episode of the gang chasing after Naraku and never finding him, I just couldn't take anymore and dropped it. Now, I really liked almost all of the characters in the series, but THEY WEREN'T DOING ANYTHING. It was who knows how many episodes of inane nothingness.
Inuyasha - I second that xD

Mermaid Melody - I actually like mahou shoujo but by episode 30 something I just got tired of the same thing over and over again

and I think that's about it

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 16:15   Link #27
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I will name some recent ones

Dragonaut also known as Failoanut ( i dont think i need to explain myself)

Wolfs Rain (started of interesting then just got weird depressing and hard to fallow)

Gundam Seed Destiny (God dont make me relive it)

Zegapain (since when did using a lot of CG make an anime good)

Soul Link ( it was just god awful i mean AWFUL whomever wrote this thought the idea up thought it up while taking a dump.

There are many more but i will stop here my head is starting to hurt.
Old 2008-10-01, 22:11   Link #28
Masa-san
Am i moe enough ?

Minami-ke it took me 3 months to finish it beacause i hate it but my friend forced me to finish it
Masa-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:19   Link #29
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
One anime I couldn't finish for like years now is probably Inuyasha, for some reason I can only watch like 1 episode every week or 2 weeks.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:24   Link #30
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

If we can count series still running... Bleach... I loved it while it was following the manga.. .but i guess that was what... 60? or so ... can't really remember now... it went off weird... gave up... never came back...

What else.... Elf Princess Rane, The Third - Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo, Uchuu no Stelliva, Honey and Clover II, Kyou Kara Maou, Kujibiki Unbalance, Assatte no Houkou..

usually i'll watch the first episode ... and if I get past that I'll watch the whole thing... sadly dont even remember all those i failed at..
todkapuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:25   Link #31
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Arceon
Da Capo II - God, I watched through the first series, which wasn't all too bad. But MAN it's been at least a year, and I can't bring myself to finish this series.

Shakugan no Shana Second - I love Shana, I really do, I just blame laziness for leaving that last two episodes unwatched. . .
Old 2008-10-01, 22:26   Link #32
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Full Metal Panic - Took me months to finish it. The humor became so corn ball and the story so bland, with irritating characters to boots, I just could not finish it. Eventually I did, but only the first season.

Monster - Took me like two months to finish. Though it was a very good show. The length of 74 episodes coupled with the fact that it took me so long to finally get all the episodes on my computer made it hard to keep myself interested to keep watching it.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 00:01   Link #33
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Serial Experiments Lain - ...??? Just bring me a book that sounds like "How to program in machine language - written in machine language!" and it will give more laugh... Finished it anyway...

Touka Gettan - If Lain is ...??? then this one is ...???...???...???. Don't understand a single thing and dropped it after ep 3.

Saikano - Well, just hard, the manga is much better IMO...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 00:19   Link #34
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Full Moon wo Sagashite for me mostly because the first half of the series was really not the kind of show that really appeals to me. Thankfully, the second half picks up really strongly and if it weren't for that string of tragedies towards the end, I'd have given up on that show.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 00:31   Link #35
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Naruto Shippuden and Bleach

Simply because I don't know whether those two anime will end in my lifetime and therefore, i lost my motivation to watch them . . .

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 08:52   Link #36
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Naruto Shippuden and Bleach

Simply because I don't know whether those two anime will end in my lifetime and therefore, i lost my motivation to watch them . . .
agreed *except that for me, it was mainly because of unnecessary fillers*

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 16:22   Link #37
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Serial Experiments Lain
Gasaraki
Haibane Renmei
Lovely Idol

Lovely Idol was very extremely hard for me to finish but I did finish watching it only because of the cute girls. Lovely Idol is, however, a very boring anime with uninteresting characters and an unexciting story.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 17:23   Link #38
lubczyk

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei I have to say is nigh unwatchable. Whatever happened to Japan emphasizing "Less is More?" Look, I loved Pani Poni Dash and Negima!? but Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is utmost insanity. You can't comforably watch it because you worry that you'll miss something important and not get the gag for the whole episode!!! It's like those talking head episodes of The West Wing and JAG, it's just non-sense.

I stopped after the episode when two characters were having individual running conversations, at the same time. Trying to follow the action on-screen, read what's on-screen and follow 2 sets of subtitles is just too much.

I'm sorry, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and its sequel have stepped over the line in regards to what an average human being can realistically hope to comprehend. You don't watch the show, you read it.

It's just not funny anymore, but annoying. It doesn't help that they keep repeating some of the same gags over and over again.

Last edited by lubczyk; 2008-10-03 at 08:03.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 01:58   Link #39
tetsuo
In Classic Form

OH and Gunslinger girl. GOD I hate that anime with a passion if it wasn't for the fact that it was only 13 eps, it would've taken me a month or two to finish luckily it only took me 3 weeks. The story and characters are completely uninteresting and are just go on much longer than they even need to. -_- not to mention that there is barely any gun play with a name like GUNSLINGER GIRL, there should be more than 2 mins of it in every ep.
tetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 03:56   Link #40
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Shuffle. That's was one anime I don't think I will ever be able to finish. I'm on episode 3 1/2 at the moment.

Why? Well... here's my reasoning.

1. The story is very slow paced
2. On average the setting is rather gloomy, making it rather hard to watch
3. This is more of a personal complaint, but the voice acting annoys me but Ren.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote