Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 14:59   Link #2521
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
This is literally out of the starting gate for the whole game, so unless the imperial/stormcloak person that you follow is being counted as a companion/follower, I don't see what could be causing the issue. They just up and disappear, quite literally, if you reload a save. And you can even see them in the snapshot of the save...

I have it set up such that the follower is another prisoner during the start of the game and you can choose to rescue them, where upon they follow you and move in to an inn if you tell them to go their own way... and if you leave them behind they die.
Ah... so what you have is really a "programming" issue of some kind. I like the idea (fellow prisoner, etc). I'm about to guess.... (guessing hat ON)
I'm betting the Helgen we start in is an entirely different cell than the Helgen we have after we escape. Your follower starts in that intro Helgen -- that may have something to do with him/her vanishing. How about having the prisoner-follower start just outside Helgen (at the Guardian Stones?) and you meet them there?

Mr. Stormcloak or Mr. Imperial are not actually following you on the way to Riverwood (I've run away from them before with no problems) but you may get some awkward "catch up" moments later with them and their families (they'll want to run through their dialogs anyway as if you escaped with them, I ran into that with a "start anywhere" mod).

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-04-12 at 15:33.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 15:26   Link #2522
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Interesting to point out that the daughter of the Black-Briar is a good woman,
Is she? I mean, she's nice enough to the PC, and she's got geeky interests rather than greed or power thirst, but her fascination's more with poisons than medicine...

Quote:
and I would feel bad killing her mum even if she was evil and deserved it. I would take the option of giving her prison time instead, just because there is someone innocent who would mourn her death.
Meh. I never worry about the relatives of bandits and such, or of those cannibals... I don't see why we should worry about the daughter of a crime boss.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 15:36   Link #2523
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Is she? I mean, she's nice enough to the PC, and she's got geeky interests rather than greed or power thirst, but her fascination's more with poisons than medicine...
Well, I like to think the kind old couple she is apprenticing under has a good judge of character. If they are willing to take her in, I am willing to give her a chance. Yes, she did request some rather rare poisons, but frankly they are harmless compared to the far more plentiful River Betty fish, which you can grab in the lake just outside town. Who would have thought that a fish would be the most toxic poison of the game you can get in bulk, more deadly than even Deathbells?
Old 2012-04-12, 15:38   Link #2524
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Ah... so what you have is really a "programming" issue of some kind. I like the idea (fellow prisoner, etc). I'm about to guess.... (guessing hat ON)
I'm betting the Helgen we start in is an entirely different cell than the Helgen we have after we escape. Your follower starts in that intro Helgen -- that may have something to do with him/her vanishing. How about having the prisoner-follower start just outside Helgen (at the Guardian Stones?) and you meet them there?

Mr. Stormcloak or Mr. Imperial are not actually following you on the way to Riverwood (I've run away from them before with no problems) but you may get some awkward "catch up" moments later with them and their families (they'll want to run through their dialogs anyway as if you escaped with them, I ran into that with a "start anywhere" mod).
I'll have to try placing them elsewhere. What I suspect may be the issue (basically what you said) is that they are being placed in a *pre-destroyed* Helgen instance and when I access them on the initial play through, all is well. But, when I save and reload, that initial instance is gone and so are they (as the game has no idea what to do with their starting/spawning area) and generates a new Helgen and a new follower.

I'll just place them in the inn in the Riverside (?) or whatever the little first town is called.

Oh well, time to replay the first ten levels. (Thanks for the help too! I'd give you a cookie but I have given you too many already and AS does not want me to give you too much sugar.)
Old 2012-04-12, 15:40   Link #2525
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

- She asked for stuff she had trouble gathering herself. She may be well stocked in Betty.
- Have you asked her why she likes alchemy so much?

I'm willing to give her a chance too, but I don't think I'm ready to conclude she's upward of neutral out of hand...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 16:09   Link #2526
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
- She asked for stuff she had trouble gathering herself. She may be well stocked in Betty.
- Have you asked her why she likes alchemy so much?

I'm willing to give her a chance too, but I don't think I'm ready to conclude she's upward of neutral out of hand...
I was hoping she could have become a supplier of awesome poisons to my assassin character.
Old 2012-04-12, 17:07   Link #2527
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Has anyone else become a kleptomaniac as a result of this game?

Also... Kinect Support Coming to Skyrim.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
To get an early look at Kinect for Xbox 360 support, watch the video above featuring programmer Ricardo Gonzalez, who put together the preliminary concept for Kinect for Xbox 360 Support during the Skyrim Game Jam.

A full list of Voice Commands will be revealed in the coming weeks, and we’ve got more Skyrim news coming. Bethesda Game Studios has been hard at work on creating the first set of game add-ons that will be exclusive to the Xbox 360. This additional content will add new quests, locations, features, and much more to the world of Skyrim. Stay tuned for more details.
Quote:
As noted before, the first two add-on content drops for Skyrim will be releasing exclusively on Xbox 360 before it’s available anywhere else.
Old 2012-04-12, 18:38   Link #2528
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
As noted before, the first two add-on content drops for Skyrim will be releasing exclusively on Xbox 360 before it’s available anywhere else.
That's normal. Microsoft actually PAY game companies to get temporary exclusivity. It's free money, why not take it?

And with any luck, the Xbox360 owners would be able to beta test all the mission bugs for the rest of us.

EDIT: Notice that the kinect options allow sorting of items in the menu by value or weight. This is a more simplistic version of SkyUi sorting. I wonder if Bethesda realised they screwed up in not offering that to begin with?
The weird thing is, most of the "features" of kinect offers functionality that a PC mouse already gives you. Other than the shouts, few things they offer could benefit a PC gamer. PC gamers just need more hot keys, for example.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-04-12 at 18:55.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 18:44   Link #2529
Vena
Carpe Diem

Fixed my disappearing follower by using a console command to remove her from the follower list and then returning to Helgen and picking her up again. She hasn't disappeared thus far. It seems to have truly been an issue with the old/new Helgen's causing some sort of programming glitch.

I don't know why, but Cloaks is by and far my favorite mod for this game.
Old 2012-04-13, 15:32   Link #2530
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Anyone know how to add in their own background music? I want to replace skyrim in-game bgm with the stronghold/crusader/2/3 soundtrack
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 16:11   Link #2531
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol @ the end of the kinect

"Quick load! QUICKLOAD QUICKLOAD OH GOD" -splat-
Old 2012-04-13, 17:20   Link #2532
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Anyone know how to add in their own background music? I want to replace skyrim in-game bgm with the stronghold/crusader/2/3 soundtrack
I saw a mod the other day that inserted dwemer jukeboxes in various points and you could install one in your home... supposedly they play whatever music you point them at. Haven't tried it.

There have been a couple of mods for music replacement but I haven't played with any of them.
Old 2012-04-17, 00:22   Link #2533
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Teaser image from Bethesda:

A tweet reveals more info to be revealed later today (Tuesday). So...new info on DLC?

Also, there is this...

Spoiler for Funny pic:
Old 2012-04-17, 00:30   Link #2534
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Note for those using the Nexus system... the NMM (mod manager) seems to be choked on its communications with the Nexus Mother Ship. Both downloads and revision comparisons seem to be hwarfed up.

People are filing bug reports...
Old 2012-04-17, 00:42   Link #2535
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Bah. That's why I never used the NMM in the first place. Did just fine downloading mods manually.
Old 2012-04-17, 00:50   Link #2536
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Bah. That's why I never used the NMM in the first place. Did just fine downloading mods manually.
Manual installation is not the best idea, since manual UNinstallation can be quite the pain in the rear end. Especially if you step on the toes of a mod you don't intend on uninstalling.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 00:54   Link #2537
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Being able to manage load orders and quickly turn mods off and on is a plus.

This happens quite rarely and all its really doing is I put off downloading a couple of mods I wanted to check out.
Old 2012-04-17, 07:12   Link #2538
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Teaser image from Bethesda:

A tweet reveals more info to be revealed later today (Tuesday). So...new info on DLC?

Also, there is this...

Spoiler for Funny pic:
from the shadows figure it looks like he's wearing the Thalmor outfit.

and I'm sure thats our hero lookin at the figure. or someone else >_> but that looks like a THalmor.
Old 2012-04-17, 07:50   Link #2539
DuoRanger
Banned

well it really looks like our dovahkiin from the original trailers, without helmet this time

imagine the thalmor hunting down the dragonborn, fearing that he would become the second talos

Remember that hlajti/tiber septim defeated the first aldmeri nazis using the numidium
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 11:27   Link #2540
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
well it really looks like our dovahkiin from the original trailers, without helmet this time

imagine the thalmor hunting down the dragonborn, fearing that he would become the second talos

Remember that hlajti/tiber septim defeated the first aldmeri nazis using the numidium
What if that is our fate? Perhaps the courier is indeed talos who is trying to make the dovahkiin stronger to once again prove a mortal can become a god.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim