AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 22 44.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 26.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-29, 19:16   Link #21
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

So much for kingly behavior, eh Saber? Throwing a minor fit after hearing that Shirou prefer's Archer's fighting style (gee, I wonder why )
I love it when Rin loses her composure in front of other students. I can almost hear the inner image they have of her shattering after witnessing such a scene...

I like how Shirou looked when he confessed being used to dead bodies. A fitting look for a disturbed individual.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 19:28   Link #22
FBF

Saber and Rin's reaction toward Shirou in their own scenes were nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Considering I didn't know I have suffer through fate route before getting play UBW and HF I dropped game when I found I am stuck in it and thus I might be wrong about what I am going to say (well, it will be bashed as heresy anyway)

It looks to me that DEEN adaptation might be more faithful to source than Ufo in some aspects.

Rin - from game it looked to me she tried scare Shiro out, while in Ufo she goes pretty much for kill. Even in this episode she admited she just wanted hime take whole deal more seriously and dead person can't do that...

Saber - Always felt distant, strict and actively trying denny anything that resemble own personality (Fate Zero actualy was mostly build around these trait as well). Here she is warm and caring from get to go.

Well, first was great spectacle and later actualy make saber likeable, so I don't have problem with either. There are some other details either, but overaly I do think Deen made better adaptation, while Ufo best both Deen and original game by infinite.
Well, Fate Zero Saber had a cold, distant Master who hardly speaks to her while his wife dressed her up as a man, even though she genuinely appreciated her presence unlike her husband (she had a tailor at Frankfurt airport custom made a suit for Saber before boarding the flight to Japan).

While in Fate Stay Night, she is acknowledged as a girl with even her master being flustered or blushing at her alluring body (episode 6) and treats her as a person rather than a tool for war.

I guess those vibes help make her a bit more cheerful or girly, she was emotionally touched when Shirou explained the reasons why he helped pull her to safety from Archer's arrow in episode 3.

Which begs me to question, if he can be physically attracted to Saber (despite it being the Rin route)....why has he not been ogling Sakura's boobies, yet?

They are far bigger than either Saber or Rin's boobies.....
FBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 19:38   Link #23
GDB

He's an ass man.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 19:45   Link #24
Gaulek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Yeah, that was a bit abrupt. I know Caster has magic, but disguising as another Servant, even for just a few seconds, seems a bit much. Someone could do that in the Fourthh War I think, but that was a Noble Phantasm.

Poor Rider, well, that's one servant down. Loved the part where Rin "invited" Shirou to lunch, that was cute. I think the VN noted how much of a fuss it caused, the school idol dragging Shirou off, but still fun to see.

Liked that they've started focus on Shirou's... issues, that look in his eyes when they're surrounded by dying students. Rin and Shirou's teamwork is doing pretty well too, its nice to see two decent Masters, what with Rin using a Command Spell to protect Shirou, then Shirou using his to summon Saber.

I forget, in the VN, did Saber start training Shirou earlier? Since its only been a day since Archer tried to kill him. Its a pretty good adaptation, but a few odd things here and there.
He trains twice in episode 6 like in the vn.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 20:14   Link #25
Rogue66

A good episode, love saber being jealous other something as simple as a fighting style and the reaction of everyone when rin comes to have lunch with Shirou was brilliant. The last line was good as well, overall nearly everyone so far have been developed well.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 20:15   Link #26
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonleap View Post
There were so many things I liked about this episode.
Saber´s reaction on Shirou´s using Archer techniques during the training, Rin and Shirou eating lunch...etc.
Too long to post them here but you can visit my blog. Feel free to read it if you like...
http://www.cartoonleap.com/2014/11/f...-the-heart-is/

I enjoyed it, but I feel bad for Rider.... It is a shame.
I read all your posts on ufoFSN and to summarize all your complaints, it's the pacing and Ep 7 talking. Granted this is TV version, ufotable had confirmed they have cut scenes from the anime due to time restrictions. The "complete" version or the BD version is the one you have to see to give a full assessment on the series. The TV version is more like a first impression on everything in it while the BD is what you use to judge on the series.
And about Rider, would you like it if they gave her identity and motivations only to be killed like that? No, that is wasted potential and writing. As she is not needed in UBW, she is only given a "first impression" in Ep 5 and 8 and killed off effectively while driving the plot along (who killed her? what of Shinji now?) She is relevant in Heaven's Feel (getting a movie series adaptation by ufotable) so she gets her identity and motivations which play large roles in the narrative in there unlike in UBW where it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Rin - from game it looked to me she tried scare Shiro out, while in Ufo she goes pretty much for kill. Even in this episode she admited she just wanted hime take whole deal more seriously and dead person can't do that...

Saber - Always felt distant, strict and actively trying denny anything that resemble own personality (Fate Zero actualy was mostly build around these trait as well). Here she is warm and caring from get to go.

Well, first was great spectacle and later actualy make saber likeable, so I don't have problem with either. There are some other details either, but overaly I do think Deen made better adaptation, while Ufo best both Deen and original game by infinite.
Rin-I just watched the LP of that scene in youtube and it plays out more or less exactly as it did in ufotable's version. The novel showed her to be serious about it despite the banter (which is cut down a bit in TV version) and the thing about Rin's flab. The point of ufotable's portrayal is to show Rin is torn between a mage and a normal person. She tries to be merciless but when it comes down to it, she can't. She swings from one extreme to the other and tries to find a middle ground. I watched both Deen and ufotable and ufotable comes out better in portrayal.

Saber- Not applicable to compare Deen and ufotable as they are adapting 2 different routes. Even if you compare DeenUBW and ufoUBW, DeenUBW has her only have 2 minutes of dialogue spread out. She is more open in UBW than Fate because she and Shirou have come to a better understanding without Shirou trying to stop her from fighting. Deen and ufotable Saber are both similar on the initial night before the Church, distant and calculating. Differences are all over the place and it is only right for Saber to be more open in the UBW interpretation than the Fate interpretation.

Overall, ufotable made the better adaptation. Deen has its merits but in adaptation of FSN, ufotable does it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Yeah, that was a bit abrupt. I know Caster has magic, but disguising as another Servant, even for just a few seconds, seems a bit much. Someone could do that in the Fourthh War I think, but that was a Noble Phantasm.
Saber somewhat saw the Servant that can disguise in disguise but didn't register to her it was a NP. Since she interacted a lot with the Servant that it was disguising as, she had her doubts because the disguise felt out of character to her.
Here, she never met Caster nor Rider prior so thinking about their actions is out of the question. She heard Archer refer to Assassin as the "lackey of Caster" so she would have deduced that the other Servant in Ryuudo temple was Caster. So process of elimination leaves purple haired Servant as Rider. Again, Saber didn't detect Servant with a NP of disguise nor detect that it was an NP so Caster with all her mana and Age of Gods magecraft should be able to fool her in a matter of seconds.
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 21:03   Link #27
Wandering Soul

It was nice seeing Saber be jealous that Shirou prefers Archer's style of fighting. It was also funny seeing everyone's reaction to Rin waiting for Shirou.

Goodbye Rider. Sorry but this route is not when you get your time in the spotlight.
Old 2014-11-29, 21:13   Link #28
HandofFate

Amazing episode.
Even though I read this route many times, I was still looking forward to the reveals and stuff happening.

Ufotable is doing a great job of giving the series a fresh feeling even with veteran readers of the source material.

And the little bit of of Rins reaction to Shirou's calm demeanor and emphasis on it was just right. It focused on it, but it didn't go overboard and go "PAY ATTENTION TO THIS" as some other vns adaptations might try to do.
Old 2014-11-29, 21:20   Link #29
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko Khan View Post
I don't get why they added caster attacking saber with a mock up of rider. If i recall correctly it was just a shadow clone of herself that saber destroyed. I understand they wanted to add some stuff for rider and shinji and the little bit they added in the chemistry room was fine as it fit contextually. But the rider clone makes little sense.
I think it was trying to work up the non-vn readers a bit.
Like "hey its rider"
"not"
Rider turns up dead, oh she was killed that scenes ago when Shinji was freaking out about someone walking in.

Episode doesn't outright say it, but Caster taking on Rider's form when she just got killed a few minutes ago chronically is a hint imo that the kill is connected to her or credited to her. So now the viewer will wonder who killed Rider if Caster's shadow was busy trolling Saber.
Old 2014-11-29, 21:29   Link #30
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

pretty certain her skeletons all over the place and her directly showing up is hint enough
Old 2014-11-29, 22:01   Link #31
gn_X00

the only thing that I don't like is that eraser beam scene.. Though, I think Ufo tried to make it more 'romance-like' with the misunderstanding and all the stares from other classmates instead of doing it comedy style with that beam shot

That Rider's death... "He" is really dangerous, even though half of it is because Caster's buff
Old 2014-11-29, 22:12   Link #32
Tranhieu

I found it weird that Saber could get all tsuntsun upon knowing Shirou and Archer became more intimate than she'd thought. Is that bit original? It's been a while since I played this route.

Other than that, good episode. Shirou and Tousaka's fight was a bit uninspiring since it's not at Servants' level but still good nevertheless.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 22:13   Link #33
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He's an ass man.
I see what you did. there lol.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 22:30   Link #34
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
While it's good episode as alway but there's something in this episode that I didn't like

Spoiler for Episode Spoiler:
Meh assassin Kuzuki + reinforcement max, what did you expect? lol
Old 2014-11-29, 22:42   Link #35
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
Meh assassin Kuzuki + reinforcement max, what did you expect? lol
I like it. Shows just how powerful Kuzuki is. We don't have any bad routes in the anime to show him blowing people's heads off, so the true extent of his power needed to be properly demonstrated here.

He's one of my favorite characters, even though his backstory is kind of random and convenient for what purpose he serves...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 00:13   Link #36
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
I found it weird that Saber could get all tsuntsun upon knowing Shirou and Archer became more intimate than she'd thought. Is that bit original? It's been a while since I played this route.
Yea it was in it.
It kind of turned into a running gag too.

Spoiler for F/HA:
Old 2014-11-30, 00:48   Link #37
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
He's one of my favorite characters, even though his backstory is kind of random and convenient for what purpose he serves...
Fuyuki is actually the retirement home for legendary assassins!
Old 2014-11-30, 01:25   Link #38
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
the only thing that I don't like is that eraser beam scene.. Though, I think Ufo tried to make it more 'romance-like' with the misunderstanding and all the stares from other classmates instead of doing it comedy style with that beam shot
No, that was just the "go out into the hallway" choice from the VN.
Old 2014-11-30, 02:13   Link #39
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

For those of you complaining that Saber recognizing Rider when she hasn't seen Rider or Caster at that point is a plot hole, keep in mind that while Saber had never seen Caster or Rider, Shirou was quite familiar with both of them at that point. Characters are going to have dialogue outside of what is shown in the adaptation, and Saber and Shirou discussing both his fight with "an unknown Servant" and his encounter with Caster is something that is obvious enough to not need to be adapted. Rider and Caster are dissimilar enough that even the most cursory of descriptions would leave no question as to which is which.

tl;dr: Shirou fights an unknown Servant. Shirou at some point describes her to Saber. Shirou encounters Caster. Shirou describes Caster to Saber. Saber sees the same unknown Servant and identifies her by process of elimination as Rider.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-11-30 at 02:33.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 02:29   Link #40
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

I kinda explained that in my post.
-Saber somewhat saw the Servant that can disguise in disguise but didn't register to her it was a NP. Since she interacted a lot with the Servant that it was disguising as, she had her doubts because the disguise felt out of character to her.
Here, she never met Caster nor Rider prior so thinking about their actions is out of the question. She heard Archer refer to Assassin as the "lackey of Caster" so she would have deduced that the other Servant in Ryuudo temple was Caster. So process of elimination leaves purple haired Servant as Rider. Again, Saber didn't detect Servant with a NP of disguise nor detect that it was an NP so Caster with all her mana and Age of Gods magecraft should be able to fool her in a matter of seconds.-
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote