AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-12-19, 14:04   Link #1
asako

When I fully download my stuff, it only plays sound!

I downloaded To Heart: Remember My Memories episode 1 and after it finished downloading, it only played sound with no video. Then I fully downloaded Prince of Tennis: A Day of the Survival Mountian, AND IT DID THE SAME THING! I have used WMP, WinAMP and Real Player. Nothing works! I need HELP! I am new to Bitorennt.
Old 2004-12-19, 14:40   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by asako
I downloaded To Heart: Remember My Memories episode 1 and after it finished downloading, it only played sound with no video. Then I fully downloaded Prince of Tennis: A Day of the Survival Mountian, AND IT DID THE SAME THING! I have used WMP, WinAMP and Real Player. Nothing works! I need HELP! I am new to Bitorennt.
It's not BitTorrent that's the problem, it's your codecs. I have no problems with those files using ffdshow and MPC, so please try the following.

---
Since this question is asked so many times, this is a standard reply cut and pasted

9 timeout of 10, this is a codec problem. Very easy to fix.

i) Download ffdshow 2004-07-25
ii) Remove all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all.
iii) Install ffdshow.

Just in case it wasn't clear, uninstall all previously installed codecs, they only clash and interfere with each other. You only need ffdshow.

If you don't like the idea of removing all your old codecs, then don't, you may be able to resolve the problem by just updating or installing to the latest ffdshow codec (but the general consensus is to just have the one codec installed, there will be less problems that way).

Look at the stickies in the Playback Help forum to find the latest version of ffdshow (see this thread).

Plus I would recommend downloading and using the latest version of Media Player Classic (2000/XP or 98/Me build)
---
Old 2004-12-19, 18:41   Link #3
asako

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
It's not BitTorrent that's the problem, it's your codecs. I have no problems with those files using ffdshow and MPC, so please try the following.

---
Since this question is asked so many times, this is a standard reply cut and pasted

9 timeout of 10, this is a codec problem. Very easy to fix.

i) Download ffdshow 2004-07-25
ii) Remove all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all.
iii) Install ffdshow.

Just in case it wasn't clear, uninstall all previously installed codecs, they only clash and interfere with each other. You only need ffdshow.

If you don't like the idea of removing all your old codecs, then don't, you may be able to resolve the problem by just updating or installing to the latest ffdshow codec (but the general consensus is to just have the one codec installed, there will be less problems that way).

Look at the stickies in the Playback Help forum to find the latest version of ffdshow (see this thread).

Plus I would recommend downloading and using the latest version of Media Player Classic (2000/XP or 98/Me build)
---
Okay, I downloaded FFShow and I got to the codecs page but how do you delete them? Do you press disable or something?
Old 2004-12-19, 20:25   Link #4
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
He means Codecs you installed on your system like Dvix, Xvid other codecs like that.
And Unistall them.
Old 2004-12-19, 21:31   Link #5
asako

YAY! I figured it out myself! Now I can watch some anime!
Old 2004-12-28, 14:38   Link #6
CChanni

I had the same problem too. There was sound but no video and I was downloading the Prince of Tennis 76-80 batch and it said "(xvid) beside the file name so do i do the exact same thing???? and one more thing is real player and windows media player a codec too?
Old 2004-12-28, 14:56   Link #7
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CChanni
I had the same problem too. There was sound but no video and I was downloading the Prince of Tennis 76-80 batch and it said "(xvid) beside the file name so do i do the exact same thing???? and one more thing is real player and windows media player a codec too?
Real Player and Windows Media Players are not codecs, they are players, in essence the programs that play your video files. A codec is a small program that decodes the videoile on your hard disk, these are encoded otherwise they'd be too large.

What you need to do is very simple, just follow the instructions in Xris' post above. Uninstall all codec packs and install the ones mentioned.

The Xvid mentioned in the file name the type of video file.

To keep it simple : do as Xris says
Old 2004-12-28, 15:12   Link #8
CChanni

Is Vlc Considered One?
Old 2004-12-28, 16:00   Link #9
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

VLC is a player that includes all the codecs. You do not need to remove it. Some people here use VLC exclusviely - no codecs needed.
Old 2004-12-28, 16:43   Link #10
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOni
VLC is a player that includes all the codecs. You do not need to remove it. Some people here use VLC exclusviely - no codecs needed.
Well, personally I don't really like VLC, for various reasons, it crashes alot (although I just got the newest version which seems to have improved alot). I only use VLC for files no other player can handle, the occasional OGM or MKV for example (luckily those are rare)

Regular media player or classic media player can handle just about everything for me
Old 2004-12-28, 20:13   Link #11
CChanni

It still didn't work after i downloaded the ffdshow and the deleted the stuff. what do i do now? Is it supposed to work right after you install it?
Old 2004-12-28, 21:03   Link #12
CChanni

help...............

hello is anybody here to help me i need desperate help
Old 2004-12-28, 21:49   Link #13
7thMethuselah

Quote:
hello is anybody here to help me i need desperate help
What media player are you using? if you are using vlc be sure to check if the video stream isn't turned off in the options .
Old 2004-12-28, 22:15   Link #14
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

If you downloaded To-Heart from Anime-Keep, then you need ffdshow_alpha (www.sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow). They use a newer version of xvid that the 'offical' ffdshow does not support. The Alpha is just a newer build.. You can alternatively Koepi's XVid from http://www.koepi.org/XviD-1.0.3-20122004.exe

It will work with ffdshow installed.
Old 2004-12-29, 11:28   Link #15
CChanni

what do u mean? i downloaded the ffdshow and the other one u told me to download but it still didn't work. Instead of showing a picture on each of the episodes it shows thd real one player sign.
Old 2004-12-29, 11:42   Link #16
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
what do u mean? i downloaded the ffdshow and the other one u told me to download but it still didn't work. Instead of showing a picture on each of the episodes it shows thd real one player sign.
Sorry but you are being to vague. For example, you say "i downloaded the ffdshow and the other one", we need to know which ffdshow you mean (be specific, what version are you talking about). What do you mean by "the other one", the other what?

I would really suggest you start again describing what your problem is, what codecs you have installed (and what version), what Media Players you have tried, what the result are, what file is it you are trying to play. Also, did you uninstall the other codecs you had installed?

It's no good if all we can do is try and guess what it is you mean. If you don't understand some of the comments we make, then please say so.

The problem you have (sound, no picture) is a very common one and can be fixed easy enough.
Old 2004-12-29, 11:47   Link #17
CChanni

well ok first i downloaded prince of tennis the batch 76-80 fully then i went to my file the batch was in to play them and wen i went there usually you would see a picture instead of the real player sign well then I tried playing 76 on real player but it said that real player does not support the format then it only play sound but not the actual video then I tried windows media player then it still did the same thing and then I downloaded ffdshow and deleted all the codecs and tried to play them but it was the same results. and before i did all the stuff I downloaded the codec XVID player since the file type was XVID but then i deleted it again.
Old 2004-12-29, 11:58   Link #18
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
well ok first i downloaded prince of tennis the batch 76-80 fully then i went to my file the batch was in to play them and wen i went there usually you would see a picture instead of the real player sign well then I tried playing 76 on real player but it said that real player does not support the format then it only play sound but not the actual video then I tried windows media player then it still did the same thing and then I downloaded ffdshow and deleted all the codecs and tried to play them but it was the same results. and before i did all the stuff I downloaded the codec XVID player since the file type was XVID but then i deleted it again.
Right, it's a start but you still have not told us what verison of ffdshow you are using!

I have PoT eps 76-80 (by anime-otaku) and they work fine. No problems at all.

I have ffdshow 2004-07-25 and Media Player Classic (2000/XP.

No other codecs installed, just ffdshow-20040725, and PoT works fine.

P.S. I assume you really, really, really have completed the download of this batch file. Are you sure that all five eps (76-80) have completed and there are none of these files at 0 bytes. It may be that you haven't completed the entire download.
Old 2004-12-29, 12:17   Link #19
CChanni

But which mirror did you pick and did you download the bittorent from this website and one more thing do you need that specific media player to make it work?
Old 2004-12-29, 12:26   Link #20
CChanni

im positive its done i even checked three times and even the bittorent