AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-04-19, 14:19   Link #1
Jubalint
Timer and Stuff

Send a message via AIM to Jubalint Send a message via Yahoo to Jubalint
OCR Hardsubs?

Hi, I'm wondering what software is available to allow OCR (with timecodes preferably) of hardsubs? I've read a few times that it's very simple, but I have yet to find anyone that suggests a way to do it.

I've done OCR on sub files for dvdrips, but am not sure what software or how I'd approach OCR directly from hardsubbed anime.

Thanks for the help .
Jubalint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 15:28   Link #2
martino
makes no files now

http://zuggy.wz.cz/redir.php?co=101

Or you can use AVISubDetector (or something like that) and type the lines in manually, however the line times should be given to you by the program (ie not actual OCR).

P.S. Have fun editing the ripped subs.

P.P.S. May help if you convert the video to greyscale before OCRing with SubRip.

Last edited by martino; 2008-04-19 at 16:21. Reason: added pps
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 02:02   Link #3
Access

I remember trying this once before and discovering no two analog captures were exactly the same frame-by-frame; in trying to apply older scripts to a new audio/video capture (still analog), by the end of the show I was practically re-timing every single line to sync up with audio properly or with on-screen video. I tried doing the incremental shift thing too with no luck. It was the exact same analog source, just different methods and devices use to capture it. Maybe things have changed today with digital captures, and/or DVD sources, though.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 18:29   Link #4
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
avisubdetector has worked well for me in the past. With exotic ASS styles it often fails horribly, but it does well with basic stuff.
checkers is offline   Reply With Quote