AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-12, 13:03   Link #1
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Hi people. As you can see , Valve announced a new CS ! It brings lot of memories , my first FPS , my youth on it with friends ^^

Quote:
Valve today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, an updated title due out early next year for Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, PC, and Mac.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive features new maps, characters, and weapons as well as new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi, VP of Marketing at Valve.

"For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is being developed by Valve in conjunction with Hidden Path Entertainment. The game will be playable at PAX Prime this month and the Eurogamer Expo 2011.

It's been a while !

Edit : Wrong trailer

Last edited by -Sho-; 2011-08-12 at 13:54.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 13:41   Link #2
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

sir (or miss) you use wrong trailer. it's CS: online trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwiv1t1QiEE

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 13:54   Link #3
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Both of those videos are fake.

VALVE ANNOUNCES COUNTER-STRIKE: GLOBAL OFFENSIVE (CS: GO)
Quote:
Next Gen Console, PC, and Mac Release Targeted for Early 2012

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO).

Targeted for release via Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac) in early 2012, CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched exactly 12 years ago (CS beta 1, August 1999).

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo 2011.

For more information, please visit the CS: GO Steam page
Old 2011-08-12, 13:55   Link #4
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
sir (or miss) you use wrong trailer. it's CS: online trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwiv1t1QiEE
Indeed , that guy trolled us with his fake trailer...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 20:21   Link #5
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well coloured me surprised, I was starting to lose faith we'd seeing another CS but damn this just kinda overshadows alot of games and I mena alot.
I pretty much played this religiously for years, a simple concept to to the bomb defuse and yet totally enaging that you could play for hours on end without getting bored of it.

But I do have some worries about how this new one will be handled, theres bound to be talk about whether or not it will conform to suit the masses of CoDers
Old 2011-08-12, 21:00   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I enjoyed Counterstrike when it was new. It did seem like we lost a lot of map makers during that period (I must have hundreds of maps for old Jedi FPS games, Quake, etc).
I've been much less impressed with FPSs lately though CoD4 is pretty much the standard for our LAN games. I also liked the first Ghost Recon (except for the stupid slope geometry issues that seem to plague many FPS games - its a 15deg slope you can't walk up it).
Old 2011-08-12, 22:58   Link #7
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
lolwut CS?

WHERE'S HL2E3?!

SCREW YOU VALVE
Old 2011-08-12, 23:07   Link #8
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
lolwut CS?

WHERE'S HL2E3?!

SCREW YOU VALVE
My thoughts exactly. And my brother thinks this new CS is going to bomb.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 00:21   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Given the trends of MMOs and FPSs..... I'm not expecting a turn-around in those trends of "stupidification" in both genre.
Old 2011-08-13, 00:56   Link #10
pattana083

Great i like it

Last edited by pattana083; 2011-08-15 at 03:43.
pattana083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 01:10   Link #11
cal141

12 years? So Counter Strike classic and Source are the same??

Well I guess another 5 years of CS than. Better profit this time around.
cal141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 02:23   Link #12
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Ah, the good ol days of cal and all those other leagues back in the day. Had no life outside high school for 3 years (well not entirely, over exaggerating ) due to non-stop CS:S addiction/practice. Can't say I'm interested in this now that BF3 is coming.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 08:39   Link #13
Forsaken_Infinity

Take #2 at a sequel to CS 1.6 by Valve. Let's see what they bring to the table this time. I do think it will be better this time around but I have my sincere doubts that Counter-Strike is ever going to regain its glory during it's heyday of the global 1.6 craze - especially if Valve are going to give the series much less love than some others (TF2, Dota2, portal etc.). And HL2E3 is gonna come out in 2020, maybe.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 11:29   Link #14
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
My thoughts exactly. And my brother thinks this new CS is going to bomb.
Same for me. Need Half Life!

I'm not sure how I feel about a new CS game. I guess I don't feel like I need a new CS game since I still get plenty of joy from playing the old versions still. It has a certain charm to it that I doubt a new CS game would capture, especially if adopts many of the trends in modern FPS games.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 14:00   Link #15
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
It has a certain charm to it that I doubt a new CS game would capture, especially if adopts many of the trends in modern FPS games.
Fair enough; assuming that many of those trends do get adopted, there is no reason that Valve could not include an 'old school' playlist which eschews them all.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 15:10   Link #16
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I think Valve is going to have a hard time competing with the likes of the Modern Warfare series in terms of multiplayer interest.
Old 2011-08-13, 18:51   Link #17
soccerghoul

The new CS is either going to be wildly successful or bomb pretty bad, yeah. Considering CS is still pretty popular in both 1.6 and Source flavors combined, mainly among professional gamers, this will probably have some degree of success if only out of curiosity from the pro crowd and CoD players looking for something new. I'm tempted to play it for old times sake (that and I'm kinda vac banned on my account with CS: Source anyways) since I used to play CS so much but I doubt I could sit through it for more than a few minutes. Except for Half-Life (where is episode 3 dammit) FPS as a genre is something I can't really stand anymore.
soccerghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 19:40   Link #18
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Take #2 at a sequel to CS 1.6 by Valve. Let's see what they bring to the table this time. I do think it will be better this time around but I have my sincere doubts that Counter-Strike is ever going to regain its glory during it's heyday of the global 1.6 craze - especially if Valve are going to give the series much less love than some others (TF2, Dota2, portal etc.). And HL2E3 is gonna come out in 2020, maybe.
TF2 and portal are out of the way these days. I don't expect anything new from either soon other than one final update for the Pyro video.

The only question is how long the development is going to be for this CS. Valve time can be a bitch.
Old 2011-08-13, 20:37   Link #19
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Yay! More stuff diverting their attention from HL2:E3/HL3!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 21:03   Link #20
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
TF2 and portal are out of the way these days. I don't expect anything new from either soon other than one final update for the Pyro video.

The only question is how long the development is going to be for this CS. Valve time can be a bitch.
I wouldn't expect it out before late 013 at the EARLIEST.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote