AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 19:23   Link #4301
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

germany's football program has been 7+ years in the making. and how they're in a GREAT position to take on the rest of the world for at least the next 4-8 years.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 01:13   Link #4302
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
germany's football program has been 7+ years in the making. and how they're in a GREAT position to take on the rest of the world for at least the next 4-8 years.
For that, I still believe they should do it without Joachim Löw. For some reason, I don't think he's good enough of a national team coach IMHO to make a difference (i.e. outcoach the other guy) when it matters. For that kind of job, I think Germany needs someone who has seen it all and knows most (if not all the players). Jupp Heynckes for a final challenge perhaps?

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-05-04 at 03:37.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 04:00   Link #4303
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Sir Alex Ferguson retires as MU Manager.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...guson-retires-
as-manchester-united

Hats on to one of the greatest manager in EPL.
Eventhough I dont like MU, I will always respect him as a manager.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 04:49   Link #4304
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Oh wow, this is huge. No matter what anyone says, this man is a legend and should be remembered as such.

I am hearing Mourinho will be out of Madrid and I would enjoy Mourinho going to Manchester.
Old 2013-05-08, 05:43   Link #4305
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

as a Chelsea fan I would be glad if Mourinho went to united.

most likely case it will be Moyes which is the right choice.
Old 2013-05-08, 06:02   Link #4306
Bri

Ferguson is an institution of the game and will be impossible to replace. Hope United will choose a successor in the mold of him and Busby.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 09:00   Link #4307
oompa loompa

Oh my god.. SAF has retired. If I were in charge this would get its own topic. As an arsenal fan, I have mixed feelings about this, but in general they are negative. The only positive is that Manu will probably not be as good for a long time. But the English game will be poorer, and hes one less great character on the touchline. It marks the end of an era for not just manu, but for english football; greatest manager, one of the greatest characters. i cant sing praises high enough for him.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 09:38   Link #4308
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Looks like David Moyes is set to replace SAF...
And all sports news headline is about SAF retirement...
Old 2013-05-08, 10:08   Link #4309
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Moyes huh. Good manager, I suppose. Well maybe this will be better, instead of getting a big name manager, a manager like Moyes is more likely to stay long term.
Old 2013-05-08, 10:15   Link #4310
Azuma Denton
~AD~

The only disadvantages Moyes have will be his lack of experience in Europe-level football...
But that can be made up with his good eye on player.
Old 2013-05-08, 12:15   Link #4311
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I never thought this day would come so early, especially when the challenge of reconquering Europe was still there as well as his health still looks great.

About Moyes... I am very very skeptical of him because of the lack of Champions League experience, but also the fact that he hasn't won anything with Everton in 11 years, not even a League/FA cup. I wanted Jurgen Klopp so much especially since his path (breaking Bayern's hegemony) reminds me of Ferguson when he broke the Old Firm and beat Madrid in Europe in the 1980s.
Old 2013-05-08, 15:23   Link #4312
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
as a Chelsea fan I would be glad if Mourinho went to united.

most likely case it will be Moyes which is the right choice.
As big of a supporter of Mourinho as I am I would say that he's not the kind of person I expect to see leading Manchester United. That club always felt to me like it had a long term plan and the "Special One" is a man who tends to pick up a team and move to a fast win. I don't think he's the kind of man who slowly builds a team.
Old 2013-05-08, 16:15   Link #4313
Bri

True, the United job is more about talent recruitment, squad building and people's management. The player development and the tactical side of the game is left to the coaches. When Queiroz was assistant United showed some really nice free flowing football. Mourhino doesn't really fit the profile.

Moyes knows the league and as a Brit understands the clubs mentality plus he is a good communicator and a native speaker. He would need a capable assistant that knows the European game to prevent Mancini style incompetence.
Old 2013-05-08, 16:21   Link #4314
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
True, the United job is more about talent recruitment, squad building and people's management. The player development and the tactical side of the game is left to the coaches. When Queiroz was assistant United showed some really nice free flowing football. Mourhino doesn't really fit the profile.

Moyes knows the league and as a Brit understands the clubs mentality plus he is a good communicator and a native speaker. He would need a capable assistant that knows the European game to prevent Mancini style incompetence.
That's why I was pushing so hard hoping Jurgen Klopp would be our next manager. Klopp is also someone who knows about recruiting talent, building a squad and managing people. Plus, he knows the European game and managed to break the German hegemony from Bayern (just like SAF broke both the Old Firm and Liverpool's hegemony).
Old 2013-05-08, 16:22   Link #4315
Blaat

The downside of Moyes is his lack of European experience* which is pretty much a must have for ManU these days.

*Unless you count being trashed by Benfica with 5-0 as an experience.

Still can't believe Ferguson is retiring.
Old 2013-05-08, 16:51   Link #4316
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
That's why I was pushing so hard hoping Jurgen Klopp would be our next manager. Klopp is also someone who knows about recruiting talent, building a squad and managing people. Plus, he knows the European game and managed to break the German hegemony from Bayern (just like SAF broke both the Old Firm and Liverpool's hegemony).
I agree that Klopp is great with developing youth and communicating but can he control veteran star players, adapt to the EPL game and learn to deal with the media pressure in a short time? Last year Dortmund were naive in the CL and this years performance was at the expense of their league title defense. That's acceptable at Dortmund but he won't be allowed to do that at United, where the league title comes first, second and third.

Further problem is that David Gill will also quit and will be replaced by Ed Woodward, an investment banker who help engineer the Glazer takeover. I think that was a major reason for Ferguson to quit, losing his most important ally on the board. A new manager will be more dependent on the Glazers. I doubt they want any radical changes to the team or have any intention to spend heavily during the summer.
Old 2013-05-08, 20:44   Link #4317
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

End of an era right there.

I wonder how the English game will look like going forward, and if Manchester United will continue to dominate the domestic game without him.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 21:05   Link #4318
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
As big of a supporter of Mourinho as I am I would say that he's not the kind of person I expect to see leading Manchester United. That club always felt to me like it had a long term plan and the "Special One" is a man who tends to pick up a team and move to a fast win. I don't think he's the kind of man who slowly builds a team.
I know what you mean.

as much as i love Mourinho and what he did for us before we have not tapped into our great youth team at all. in the last couple of years our u19 and the younger have played well and won trophies. quite a lot of our talent that we developed are playing in europe right now. there is talk about buying another striker. i don't understand this Lukaku has proved himself at WBA. i understand that if he had not been there we could easily be where City are right now. but, we need dominance over 5+ years, not just throwing money at the problem.

for that the special one is not the answer.

there is going to be quite a shuffle of managers in the summer.

-Who takes over at Real? - Ancelotti? Klopp?
- PSG?
- Dortmund?
-Mancini's job isn't safe (from what i've read Pellegrini?)
-if Arsenal don't win anything next season I would think the board and fans will start to ask questions. 8/9 years?

-Everton
-Schalke? Rafa?
Old 2013-05-09, 05:30   Link #4319
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Are you guys so sure that Klopp is going to leave Dortmund? Has he stated that? Honestly, I wouldn't do it, even if Manchester United came to me with a suitable offer. Dortmund is such an interesting and positive project, despite the fact that some of the star players will be leaving the club this summer.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 09:46   Link #4320
Bri

No one knows, it's all just speculation at the moment. Although in football it is a fairly safe assumption that anyone can be bought for the right amount.

edit: not that it matters as Moyes has just been confirmed. He will sign a 6 year deal.

Last edited by Bri; 2013-05-09 at 11:00.

Tags
football, soccer