AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-02-26, 08:04   Link #4861
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Always got a soft spot for Olympiakos, and Joel Campbell's stunner made me a very happy Gooner. Kagawa once again proved his value in what little opportunity he was provided, even if RVP fluffed it (all the better!). All in all it should have been a great result.

Should.

But I just can't enjoy the slaughter of this United. It makes me afraid of what can happen if and when our own Arsène retires, and some fool of an English media darling gets in his seat. I'd like to think the Arsenal board has more sense than that, by far, especially with our traditionally continental outlook, but then, I thought the same of the Manchester United board's competence.

Even the blame-the-players give-him-time Red Cafe brigade finally cracked on Moyes.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 19:47   Link #4862
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

A disgusting act from Spur or Vertonghen in specific in their Europa match. I means this: http://gfycat.com/AnnualWholeIncatern#

They need to score 3 goals with 30 minutes to go. And what they do is play acting to send the opponent's man off. What frustrated me the most is British tabloid all in arms that it was a red card. Despite it's basically a joke of decision

This is what ruined football reputation in the States and in Australia. Decisions like these
Old 2014-02-28, 11:16   Link #4863
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Ridiculous.

Players who display messages on T-shirts worn underneath their strips could face punishment under new proposals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26385653

Players get booked for taking off their shirts in celebrations and now this, crazy.
Old 2014-02-28, 15:41   Link #4864
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC Match Report
Inexplicably, the Ukraine forward headbutted Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen, after a number of previous confrontations between the pair, as Dnipro defended a home free-kick while leading 2-1 in the tie.
that's absurd.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 16:14   Link #4865
Bri

Doesn't fit the media narrative that British teams don't dive or cheat. If this had been Barcelona all the tabloids would have cried foul.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 16:09   Link #4866
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

EPL is Chelsea to lose now

By the next time Arsenal kick a ball in EPL, Chelsea would have already played another 2 games, and may well 10 points above Arsenal, Liverpool, and 9 above City. The pressure will be so great on the three to catch up, that they will likely to slip up along the way.
Old 2014-03-02, 01:27   Link #4867
LoveYouSaber

Sigh... I felt Arsenal's title hopes has just gone down the drain. The match against Stoke was just flat, boring, and in the end, depressing. How did we manage to get 4-1 against Sunderland and then turn up with a performance like this, with almost the same people on the pitch, and with a full week's rest? Though to be fair, Stoke played with far more commitment, purpose and planning than Sunderland...

I really hope we bounce back, because now we'll have to beat both City and Chelsea in March for any prospects of the title...
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 09:42   Link #4868
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

The J-League finally started with Kashima trashing last year's D2 champions.

As for United, I hope they keep Moyes until the second match with Olympiakos.
Old 2014-03-02, 18:13   Link #4869
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
As for United, I hope they keep Moyes until the second match with Olympiakos.
Why do you say that?

Anyway, rumors and talk about the possibility of hiring Louis van Gaal (the original inspiration for the character of Erick van Saal in Captain Tsubasa) at United after the World Cup are starting to run stronger.

Either him or Klopp would fit the bill for me.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 05:23   Link #4870
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Why do you say that?
a) I intensely dislike Manchester United because of how Ferguson "influenced" the league and watching his "legacy" crumble like it should have years ago is very satisfying, plus...

b) many of my friends are Olympiakos supporters.
Old 2014-03-03, 07:46   Link #4871
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
a) I intensely dislike Manchester United because of how Ferguson "influenced" the league and watching his "legacy" crumble like it should have years ago is very satisfying.
As if Liverpool didn't have some influence of their own (awarded with most penalties in the history of the Premier League, then followed by Arsenal in second and United only third).

I dunno who you support, but my guess is that you're a Scouse and I would certainly despise you for that alone. You better enjoy the little hard time United have because Moyes will get sacked (and take his slut of a daughter with him away) soon, then we will get the right manager - preferably a Dutch or a German to give all remaining British managers the middle finger they deserve for being stuck with outdated approaches.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-03-03 at 08:02.
Old 2014-03-03, 07:57   Link #4872
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
I dunno who you support, but my guess is that you're a Scouse and I would certainly despise you for that alone. You better enjoy the little hard time United have because Moyes will get sacked (and take his slut of a daughter with him away) soon, then we will get the right manager - preferably a Dutch or a German to give all remaining British managers the middle finger they deserve.
The hell, Kira? What did Moyes' daughter ever do to you? Did you read the Sun or the Daily Mail and they had some random article about her sleeping with Zaha and omg the team is ruined or what?

Regarding nationality, Brendan Rodgers over at Anfield seems to be doing just fine playing expansive, attacking football with modern tactics. Moreover, I'm sure there are plenty of knuckleheaded German managers managing teams in the German lower leagues, they just don't make the English headlines like Jurgen Klopp does with his epic beard and hipster glasses and all the gegenpressing intricacies.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 08:16   Link #4873
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
The hell, Kira? What did Moyes' daughter ever do to you? Did you read the Sun or the Daily Mail and they had some random article about her sleeping with Zaha and omg the team is ruined or what?
I don't care, but it is a possibility when you see how Zaha was treated. Rumors or not, I'm just saying that the name of Moyes should be banished out of Manchester soon. I really HATE that SOB of a manager and all the circus that came along since he arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Regarding nationality, Brendan Rodgers over at Anfield seems to be doing just fine playing expansive, attacking football with modern tactics. Moreover, I'm sure there are plenty of knuckleheaded German managers managing teams in the German lower leagues, they just don't make the English headlines like Jurgen Klopp does with his epic beard and hipster glasses and all the gegenpressing intricacies.
For one Rodgers, you have several others like Pulis, Hodgson, Pardew, Hughes, Moyes, Bruce, Allardyce, and other recurring dinosaurs of English football. Take a look around: the best managers out there are Continental European and the time is right to start disavowing the current crop of British managers until the next crop is fully impregnated with modern ideas.

Anyway, I blame Sir Bobby Charlton for having the strongest voice against Mourinho on a basis of xenophobia (disguised into an explanation about lack of class) when Fergie was perhaps on the fence with this in the selection process. If Bayern Munich were once able to move away temporarily from German players and/or managers when quality wasn't there in order to maintain success, I don't see why United can't turn its back to British products for a while. We've had 2 non-British/non-Irish skippers already, so it's not too much asked to do the same with managers.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-03-03 at 08:43.
Old 2014-03-03, 10:55   Link #4874
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Why do you say that?

Anyway, rumors and talk about the possibility of hiring Louis van Gaal (the original inspiration for the character of Erick van Saal in Captain Tsubasa) at United after the World Cup are starting to run stronger.

Either him or Klopp would fit the bill for me.
Haven't heard the rumors, but I would love to see Klopp take the reins.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 17:00   Link #4875
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I honestly don't see Klopp leaving Dortmund anytime soon. The man looks pretty loyal to the club to me.

He's not even the type of person attracted by money either. Honestly if I were in his shoes I'd stay in Dortmund and keep building on what has been created during these years, atleast until he wins CL.

Last edited by Shinndou; 2014-03-04 at 10:29.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 04:49   Link #4876
AmeNoJaku

Quote:
As if Liverpool didn't have some influence of their own (awarded with most penalties in the history of the Premier League, then followed by Arsenal in second and United only third).

I dunno who you support, but my guess is that you're a Scouse and I would certainly despise you for that alone.
Sankt Pauli in Europe and Kashima Antlers in Asia. I am favorably inclined, but not enthusiastic about Sampdoria in Italy, Tottenham in the UK, Bilbao in Spain and Olympiakos in Greece.

Quote:
You better enjoy the little hard time United have because Moyes will get sacked (and take his slut of a daughter with him away) soon,
So the daughter is a slut, but the father is not a jerk... interesting logic there
Old 2014-03-04, 05:52   Link #4877
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
So the daughter is a slut, but the father is not a jerk... interesting logic there
If you read my sig, it tells everything you need to know about how I feel about Moyes himself.
Old 2014-03-05, 16:48   Link #4878
Bri

It's pretty much a lost season for United and they need to rebuilt. Worst thing that can happen is that Moyes will pull a Daglish with the summer transfer budget.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 19:20   Link #4879
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
It's pretty much a lost season for United and they need to rebuilt. Worst thing that can happen is that Moyes will pull a Daglish with the summer transfer budget.
This is where I'm totally against giving Moyes any more time beyond this season, especially since a transfer budget changes nothing in the way he sets up his teams (Evertonians already called him as tactically inept at least since Boxing Day of 2011). For the record, it took time and the right man (Rodgers) to clean up the mess left by Dalglish at Liverpool.
Old 2014-03-05, 21:37   Link #4880
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Nah, Klopp is already in line to be Arsenal's manager after Wenger retires.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer