Notices

Old 2004-11-21, 19:59   Link #21
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
It comes from the conservative catholic goverment that does not allow divorce and limits co-ed education (most schools, the better ones, are single-sex in high school). It has the reverse effect in that by the time people graduate they are so horny they pump out kids like crazy and cause overpopulation.

I'm serious.

That must be the only positive thing about Catholic girls.

I must remember to join the University Catholic Society Club when i go visit my Student Union when i go for lectures monday.

ehehehe

Old 2004-11-22, 01:22   Link #22
shinorei_91
Acolyte - I Heal People

Send a message via ICQ to shinorei_91 Send a message via MSN to shinorei_91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokii
well i live in japan and i can tell you, the skirts are pretty short. Its not a consistent length. They differ depending on the school, and most of the time when they "differ" they get shorter. Most of the girls here though, when not wearing school uniforms, are wearing boots that go up to their knees, short skirts, tank tops, jackets with fur collars, and LOADS of makeup.
True..really true..Japanese girls really like to wear mini skirts and boots..I don't really know why though..XD The socks won't come down because it's the special type you know..haven't you wear long socks before?? Oh yeah,before I go,Japanese girls really like to wear makeup too..it's really weird..they put the makeup so strong until they look like those petite dolls and when you look nearer to their faces..you can see some of the powder starting to crack near their noses..
shinorei_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 08:07   Link #23
Kaede Shinmiri

Hell, in England, the skirts get pretty short, even in strict Catholic schools (can't think of many of those still around, though). Japan looks pretty much like it has a similar education system over here, although a little less liberal. *shrug* I'm visiting soon I believe, so I'll get to find out.

And about anime? Well . . . I'll be honest; not many anime characters behave as real people do, because anime characters are usually predictable (regardless of how dynamic the character is percieved as) and have hugely exaggerated features. That's like asking if all American kids are like Mickey Mouse.
Kaede Shinmiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 22:41   Link #24
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
I just cant figure this out hehehe anime girls wear long socks, but they never fall down from the girls legs hehehehe

Sock glue.

Not kidding.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 03:28   Link #25
shinorei_91
Acolyte - I Heal People

Send a message via ICQ to shinorei_91 Send a message via MSN to shinorei_91
Are you sure it's sock glue?I wear long socks too and they are definitely not sock glue
shinorei_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 03:31   Link #26
Kaede Shinmiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Sock glue.

Not kidding.

-k

curious
O_O . . . they take their socks seriously, huh?
Kaede Shinmiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 12:54   Link #27
neEd'Le
~абнормален индивид

Send a message via ICQ to neEd'Le
sock glue?wtf is that?you dont really mean they put glue in their socks to hold them up,dont you?O_0
neEd'Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 19:38   Link #28
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by neEd'Le
sock glue?wtf is that?you dont really mean they put glue in their socks to hold them up,dont you?O_0
Oh yes they do...

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 20:06   Link #29
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neEd'Le
Just the top of the socks. They have a special glue which can be worn on the skin without irritation.

Otherwise those long socks which are baggy would be too heavy to hold up using standard elastic... unless of course that elastic were so strong that your feet would turn blue. And that would be sad.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 01:09   Link #30
Shinn
Orooo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaoran
For real, I don't even think my school has a nurse....
lol i rather not have a nurse in my school and to have one, she's this old chubby lady that yells at us in the halls when we're late

sock glue!!!

at which large department store do they sell this?
Shinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 05:50   Link #31
janmurphy
but the soul still burns!

Send a message via MSN to janmurphy
I dont think the baggy long socks are as popular as they used to be. I seriously thought I was looking at a scarf the first time I saw those baggy socks. Crazy.
There are certain similarities you can draw from anime to real life, but they are vauge and everyone is just the bit different. The sterotypes have a bit of truth though. Most my students will NOT wear their glasses because they dont want to be seen as brainy book worm types. I think the only way you can really understand how people are in a certain place is to go there. And even then... well Ive been here a year and a half, and I still dont understand a lot of 'Japanese' concepts, not for lack of trying though. gambaemasu!
janmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 16:14   Link #32
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

I always had the idea that alot of the girls try to look a little western.

Anyone know if that's true?
Old 2004-11-28, 19:53   Link #33
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Why would they want to <_<
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 21:02   Link #34
Lakbay
<Insert>

btw, what IS that redish/brown hair color called that all the japanese/AzN girls want their hair died anyways? Alot of AzN (yes, AzN not Asian.) have their hair highlighted with streaks of that color but I don't know what it's called .

Oh, we had Japanese exchange students at my school. They looked nothing like the stereotypes in anime or "trendy" world. They looked pretty Western in fact
Lakbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 21:04   Link #35
DaFool
Resident devil

Red hair, boots, cowboy hats?

Nah, they're just cosplaying Meg from Bakuretsu Tenshi

"Kogal" fashion actually is eastern...it's not that the clothes they wear are western, it's the way they wear them that's eastern.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 22:43   Link #36
Shinn
Orooo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakbay
btw, what IS that redish/brown hair color called that all the japanese/AzN girls want their hair died anyways? Alot of AzN (yes, AzN not Asian.) have their hair highlighted with streaks of that color but I don't know what it's called .

Oh, we had Japanese exchange students at my school. They looked nothing like the stereotypes in anime or "trendy" world. They looked pretty Western in fact
err.. bronze? cuz thats what it looks like lol

my mom has it >.>
Shinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 09:36   Link #37
Lakbay
<Insert>

Haha, my friend called it "Blazing Red" though bronze seems more appropriate. Either that's the hair color they want, or that's what it turns out since their hair might be originally black and they dye it red. I'm guessing the former
Lakbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 20:56   Link #38
Ziv

I was wondering, are the female gym uniforms that consist of just a shirt and a pair of underwear (like the ones in azumanga daioh) really used in japanese schools or is that just a popular anime thing?
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 23:35   Link #39
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyrz View Post
I always had the idea that alot of the girls try to look a little western.

Anyone know if that's true?
Well you do have the Ganguro (Californian Girl) style in Japan, one of many though.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 23:49   Link #40
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
I was wondering, are the female gym uniforms that consist of just a shirt and a pair of underwear (like the ones in azumanga daioh) really used in japanese schools or is that just a popular anime thing?
Its actually just track shorts and a t-shirt. Their construction and length are no different than the outfits my fellow co-eds wore in highschool in Texas back in the 1970s. These ridiculous baggy shorts kids wear now are like freaking tents in comparison. Bunch of prudes

(hey you kids.. stop wearing clown shorts and wear decently tight track shorts )

Seriously, I'm sure it varies just like the sailor uniforms and suits vary from school to school.