AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-29, 23:29   Link #141
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97
Hey, I found out today that this series isn't too accurate. I went into my local bakery and started punching all the bread down, the only one that popped back up was the sourdough. The clerks got ticked off too, had to pay $80 for the damage

Spoiler:

I hope we get to see more of Ryou's critiquing though, I love how he can mash people's confidence and pride down with his scathing words like...fine dough.
LMFAO!!! God, I would love to see the reaction of a baker if someone actually did that.

::PUNCH!::

"THIS BREAD IS CRAP!"
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 00:18   Link #142
CalamitiesEnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
LMFAO!!! God, I would love to see the reaction of a baker if someone actually did that.

::PUNCH!::

"THIS BREAD IS CRAP!"
I did try to punch a nice break and it did come back up, though with a little dent. The owner asked me ("Wtf are you doing to my bread!!!) what I was doing and I told him my story. He said its true to some degree as long its a sponge cake or something like that.
CalamitiesEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 11:57   Link #143
Wisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamitiesEnd
I did try to punch a nice break and it did come back up, though with a little dent. The owner asked me ("Wtf are you doing to my bread!!!) what I was doing and I told him my story. He said its true to some degree as long its a sponge cake or something like that.
/me sweats.......... Never imagined someone will do that. You are mutilating your potential food... Did you eat that (or buy it) after you punched ?
Wisely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 16:52   Link #144
Blaat

The third episode has been released, so far so good. I absolutely loved the use of Zarathustra during the croissant taste scene.

My only two complaints so far are: Kawachi's seiyuu might not be up to the job for his character later on and the pacing of the episode seems a bit too fast if you ask me.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 18:33   Link #145
Nolan Void
Discordian Game Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nolan Void
Third episode... pretty good

but tsukino's hand licking scene wasnt NEARLY as sexy as it was in the manga

( so dissapointed! )
Nolan Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 18:59   Link #146
TronDD
Team the box!

That's supposed to be sexy?

I think it's just weird.

The show is getting better than my first impression. They toned down the glowing hands and such. I've begun to like Tsukino's voice, though I still don't think it fits her.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 19:29   Link #147
Za Paper

I laughed so hard when the teacher tasted the croissant. The whole moon landing and 2001 music was great. I like Tsukino's voice too.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 20:17   Link #148
Shenlong

I'm really liking how this show is matching up to the manga, I for one feel the voices match closely to how I imagined them.
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 20:42   Link #149
Nolan Void
Discordian Game Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nolan Void
C'MON man!

even an ostrich becomes wierdly sexy when tsukino licks it!
Nolan Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 20:47   Link #150
Shenlong

*points to sig*
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 20:54   Link #151
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I never read the manga, but I think the seiyus for the characters are right. I think Tsukino sounds nice too, I'm getting a little bit tired of the popular seiyus right now so she's a nice change.
Old 2004-11-02, 21:15   Link #152
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Void
C'MON man!

even an ostrich becomes wierdly sexy when tsukino licks it!
All Tsukino has to do is be there. I'd prefer that to licking some dude's palm sweat off your own hand.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 01:12   Link #153
Wandering_Youth

Well I just finished watching episode 4 and it was another great and funny episode.

Spoiler for Is it just me or does Tsukino look a bit dumber in this episode?:

I really love the facial expressions all the characters have because it adds to the humor of it.
Old 2004-11-03, 01:37   Link #154
Wisely

It doesn't matter

I just want more Tsukino
Wisely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 02:10   Link #155
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Tsukino doesn't even look 1/10 as cute as she is in the manga. Roots is very disappointed.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 04:25   Link #156
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Tsukino doesn't even look 1/10 as cute as she is in the manga. Roots is very disappointed.
Yes. There's a reason why Tsukino completely DOMINATED that prettiest girl in manga thread. She just looks so cute in the manga.

I think as an anime character compared to other anime characters she looks cute, but she's not even in the same galaxy of cuteness as the manga tsukino

Her voice isn't really what I pictured her having either. Taking some getting used to. But I could say that for Azuma as well (maybe even more-so)
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 05:53   Link #157
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Yes. There's a reason why Tsukino completely DOMINATED that prettiest girl in manga thread. She just looks so cute in the manga.

I think as an anime character compared to other anime characters she looks cute, but she's not even in the same galaxy of cuteness as the manga tsukino

Her voice isn't really what I pictured her having either. Taking some getting used to. But I could say that for Azuma as well (maybe even more-so)
The "prettiest girl in manga" thread? You're kidding. /me goes off to search. No, you're not. How do you decide with the thousands of titles out there - just post images and vote? LOL. I'll have to get a scanner, then, and link in my candidates at this rate.

Back to topic. Wait till you hear voices of the manager and the other guy who works in Tsukino-chan's Pantasia bakery. This series is definitely a surprise to me when it comes to its choices. Really different, but overall, pretty good.

I feel like I'm missing a lot of the jokes that are going on, though. We're at the part of the manga with the manager and the horse now, and a part of me thinks that if I get everything shown on screen, I'd be laughing a bit harder.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 06:49   Link #158
sinistral
SOS団

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
The "prettiest girl in manga" thread? You're kidding. /me goes off to search. No, you're not. How do you decide with the thousands of titles out there - just post images and vote? LOL. I'll have to get a scanner, then, and link in my candidates at this rate.

Back to topic. Wait till you hear voices of the manager and the other guy who works in Tsukino-chan's Pantasia bakery. This series is definitely a surprise to me when it comes to its choices. Really different, but overall, pretty good.

I feel like I'm missing a lot of the jokes that are going on, though. We're at the part of the manga with the manager and the horse now, and a part of me thinks that if I get everything shown on screen, I'd be laughing a bit harder.
This show makes me wanna buy some bread and eat it *drool*
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 11:31   Link #159
Wandering_Youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Oh really? Mind showing me the manga picture?
Old 2004-11-03, 11:35   Link #160
Edge
(*^ヮ')b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral
This show makes me wanna buy some bread and eat it *drool*
Haha, I know the feeling! I make sure I have a fresh, warm baguette to munch on while watching Yakitate :P
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote