AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-16, 14:55   Link #141
Frontier

It sounds like they've recast Rise, because that definitely doesn't sound like Laura Bailey .
Old 2015-06-16, 15:37   Link #142
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
That seems really weird to me... Laura Bailey seems like one of those voice actors that can be grabbed for any project... especially for one of her more popular roles...

Though... it's almost a tradition at this point for a localized Persona game to change one of it's main cast.
Old 2015-06-16, 16:00   Link #143
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Haha it is weird. I mean you'd think Laura Bailey of all people could be brought back.

I'm kind of glad we're going on to Persona 5 at this rate. It's just weird having the entire cast sound completely different from the original game.
Old 2015-06-16, 16:48   Link #144
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Haha it is weird. I mean you'd think Laura Bailey of all people could be brought back.

I'm kind of glad we're going on to Persona 5 at this rate. It's just weird having the entire cast sound completely different from the original game.
Well, we still have Yu, Yosuke, Yukiko, and Nanako consistent with the original game, and I imagine Dojima as well .

At least Chie and Teddie have been consistent since Arena, and they were the only big recasts in Golden that I remember. Kanji and Naoto were recently recast for Q and Ultimax, but at least that's consistent here.

Laura Bailey was consistent up until this game, which makes her absence even odder .

So, it's not that the entire cast are completely different, just a little over half of it (if we're looking at the Investigation Team at least). Ironically, I think P3 has had better luck getting its english cast to remain consistent .
Old 2015-06-16, 17:00   Link #145
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, we still have Yu, Yosuke, Yukiko, and Nanako consistent with the original game, and I imagine Dojima as well .

At least Chie and Teddie have been consistent since Arena, and they were the only big recasts in Golden that I remember. Kanji and Naoto were recently recast for Q and Ultimax, but at least that's consistent here.

Laura Bailey was consistent up until this game, which makes her absence even odder .

So, it's not that the entire cast are completely different, just a little over half of it (if we're looking at the Investigation Team at least). Ironically, I think P3 has had better luck getting its english cast to remain consistent .
I don't really count Yu since in the main games he doesn't actually say anything other than "hya" and other attack sounds . Basically it's just Yosuke and Yukiko for the investigation team....wow. I mean they did a good job so I'm glad they are consistent, but kind of nuts. Any more spinoff games and even they will get recasted .

It doesn't make me unable to play this game when it comes out, but I do think it's odd how they've been unable to maintain a consistent voice cast for the Persona 4 team.
Old 2015-06-16, 17:05   Link #146
JohnNiles

Ughhhhhh. Recovered my password and logged in just to comment on how sad I am. I wish Laura Bailey the best in all future endeavours, but I will miss her badly. It's just as well that P4 is drawing to a close.

Hype diminished ;_;
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 17:09   Link #147
Dextro
He Without a Title

Honestly all I wanted was Japanese audio but the chances of getting that in an Atlus game range from non-existent to approximately the same as the probability of my hand passing through a wall when I punch it. I mean, it's technically possible according to the laws of physics but I doubt it'll ever happen*.

*Yes, I remember the first Arena game... I also remember that the subtitles were crap during the animated cutscenes and that I waited for 6 months after the US release to get the game thanks to region locking.
Old 2015-06-16, 17:39   Link #148
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
I read that scheduling conflicts made Laura Bailey unable to record for Dancing All Night. I mean, she is pretty damn popular everywhere, but nonetheless, this makes me incredibly sad. Especially since Rise is such a central character for this one, and it has her being an actual... y'know, an Idol.
Old 2015-06-16, 18:57   Link #149
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
I read that scheduling conflicts made Laura Bailey unable to record for Dancing All Night. I mean, she is pretty damn popular everywhere, but nonetheless, this makes me incredibly sad. Especially since Rise is such a central character for this one, and it has her being an actual... y'know, an Idol.
Yeah, I read that too, and agreed. I hope this doesn't prevent her from reprising Rise again for future Rise appearances .
Old 2015-06-17, 08:35   Link #150
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Indeed. She said it on her personal twitter.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 09:28   Link #151
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I think considering the topic and focus of the game....they should have pushed it back to fit her schedule.

Just seems like a bad idea to release a game with the main character being recasted.
Old 2015-06-17, 10:17   Link #152
com_gwp

Any later and we'll be encroaching upon Persona 5 already.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 12:28   Link #153
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Any later and we'll be encroaching upon Persona 5 already.
How would the dancing game on the Vita have an impact on P5 though? I still don't think that's worth hurrying it out with your main character for this game not fitting.
Old 2015-06-17, 13:02   Link #154
Frontier

Quote:
How would the dancing game on the Vita have an impact on P5 though? I still don't think that's worth hurrying it out with your main character for this game not fitting.
Well, more like main characters VA .
Old 2015-06-18, 06:11   Link #155
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
I think considering the topic and focus of the game....they should have pushed it back to fit her schedule.

Just seems like a bad idea to release a game with the main character being recasted.
Well, it's all about deadlines. Pushing for deadlines, games to be released when they want them to be released, make money sooner rather than later... They're obviously not going to delay an entire game to accommodate for one person. I mean, I know there's going to be people turned off by the fact Laura Bailey's not reprising her role as one of the most beloved characters in the series (some of the other past P4 recasts have seemed more justifiable), but... that's kind of how gaming is, I guess.

I'm not defending the choice to have Rise recasted, I'm still very pissed by it, and it's a big turn-off for this game. I'm just saying I'm understanding where they're coming from. Logic doesn't always win out, though... So let's all be angry together and praise the original Everyone's Risette.
Old 2015-06-23, 07:28   Link #156
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Marie and Adachi confirmed for paid DLC. Marie on July 30 and Adachi on August 6.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 11:16   Link #157
Frontier

Marie I'm not surprised about, and she looks pretty good there, but Adachi...wow .

I'm seriously expecting Dojima DLC now .
Old 2015-06-23, 17:48   Link #158
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yeah, I read that too, and agreed. I hope this doesn't prevent her from reprising Rise again for future Rise appearances .
Laura Bailey is quickly becoming the new Jennifer Hale much like Troy Baker is the new Nolan North. I kinda doubt Atlus will be able to afford her as a VA in future project anymore.
Old 2015-06-23, 17:59   Link #159
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well I'm not surprised that Marie is going to be in it. Makes as much sense as any other character. Though kind of amazing they really decided to go with Adachi...
Old 2015-06-23, 20:04   Link #160
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Laura Bailey is quickly becoming the new Jennifer Hale much like Troy Baker is the new Nolan North. I kinda doubt Atlus will be able to afford her as a VA in future project anymore.
I heard Laura said on Twitter that it was because of a scheduling conflict.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dancing, persona series, ps vita, rhythm