Old 2019-08-03, 08:38   Link #4361
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Not related to the latest chapter, but

Images
Curious’ official colour scheme from V24
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Why did you have to be a fodder and die
She looks like a dead zombie in color. Hardly hot. Cold is more likely.

As for this chapter itself, so Shigaraki can disintegrate everything in his vicinity even it is energy beam? Might as well give him the ability to disintegrate everything on what he sees.

But it doesn't matter because I am pretty sure in "O my 7 Quirks", there must have something like super regeneration ability to counter the disintegration speed just like X-Men 3 Movie did in the end.

But seriously, this arc is just bored me to death. When are we going to jump back to Deku? Watching Deku discover he can use his teeth with super strength to bite is far interesting than what we have now.

Last edited by Sixth; 2019-08-03 at 09:00.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-03, 08:57   Link #4362
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
She looks like a dead zombie in color. Hardly hot. Cold is more likely.
I don't really mind blue/green/pink girls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, because of dragon ball

Quote:
As for this chapter itself, so Shigaraki can disintegrate everything in his vicinity even it is energy beam? Might as well give him the ability to disintegrate everything on what he sees.

But it doesn't matter because I am pretty sure in "O my 7 Quirks", there must have something like super regeneration ability to counter the disintegration sped just like X-Men 3 Movie did in the end.
Nana's quirk will be the one to counter Shiragaki's power
Old 2019-08-03, 16:43   Link #4363
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I found her hotter in black and white.
Same. She looks like some kind of undead in color.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-04, 15:31   Link #4364
marvelB

Yeah, ditto on not being crazy about Curious' color scheme. I'd have preferred her to have a "normal" flesh color over the Mystique look (yes, I know that's technically a darker blue, but you get my point ). Or at least gray if Hori had to stick with a "zombie" theme!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-04, 17:12   Link #4365
Wandering Soul

Yeah, she looked better uncolored.
Old 2019-08-11, 21:15   Link #4366
Hakai

https://redd.it/cn7eyj

Popularity polls are serious business.
Old 2019-08-11, 21:40   Link #4367
grecefar

I still don't understand bakugou popularity but oh well that' japan for you.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 14:10   Link #4368
Hakai

The chapter was so beautiful. Everything crumbling. I can't believe I'm saying this but Shigaraki is now one of my favorite characters... Guess this arc really did it for me. His quirk is definitely one of the most OP ones. I thought Gigantomachia accepting him would be unconvincing when it happens but after this chapter it's 100% understandable.

I have mixed feelings about Re-Destro becoming his bitch, but I'll wait and see how it plays out before being too negative on it.

Dabi and Iceman being comrades could be potentially hilarious though, really looking forward to how they react to this
Only if Curious-chan survived
Old 2019-08-16, 16:51   Link #4369
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I loved... LOVED this villain arc... but I'm going to be completely honest and say that I didn't like this chapter. I felt like Redestro's switch over to working under Shigaraki and forking over his whole organization came out of nowhere. Yes, we saw foreshadowing last chapter that he thought Shigaraki was "free" and whatnot... but their ideals are still very different. All the people in this organization suddenly bowing down to the League feels out of place.

It kinda just felt like this whole thing was an excuse to give the League more numbers and money. I would have been PERFECTLY FINE with the league keeping their numbers, along with their current power-ups, plus Gigant and the doctor.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 16:59   Link #4370
Twi

Meh. Ice-guy basically pitched that in the age when your superpower determines where you stand, the strongest survived. He leveled a town and was clearly the strongest there.
Old 2019-08-16, 18:29   Link #4371
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can buy ReDestro placing himself under Shigaraki. Destro's ideals were kind of forced on him and he wished to be free from his legacy. His followers, on the other hand, are completely loyal to Destro's ideology and it would make little sense if they chose to follow a guy whose goal is just to destroy everything. Unless Shigaraki sweet talks them, which would showcase further growth.

Shigaraki's power-up is too much. I don't know the exact radius of his decay but it was huge. How do you even counter that?
Old 2019-08-16, 18:34   Link #4372
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I can buy ReDestro placing himself under Shigaraki. Destro's ideals were kind of forced on him and he wished to be free from his legacy. His followers, on the other hand, are completely loyal to Destro's ideology and it would make little sense if they chose to follow a guy whose goal is just to destroy everything. Unless Shigaraki sweet talks them, which would showcase further growth.

Shigaraki's power-up is too much. I don't know the exact radius of his decay but it was huge. How do you even counter that?
Deku's got six more slots for Hori to come up with something, I'm sure he'll be fine
Old 2019-08-16, 18:41   Link #4373
Hakai

Mastered 100% OFA could probably handle shiggy with that speed and pseudo "flight".

Shiggy gonna get more quirks and Deku will awaken previous quirks with OFA juice. They are gonna make their predecessors look like how average pro heroes looked compared to All Might.
Old 2019-08-16, 21:23   Link #4374
Wandering Soul

I guess I can buy everyone joining Shigaraki out of fear and awe, but I feel that there should be some dissent and problems somewhere down the line. Their ideals don't really line up.

Shigaraki's power up feels like a bit op here. I have seen some people observe that his own body looks a bit decayed, so I guess that might be his limitation.
Old 2019-08-17, 02:35   Link #4375
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Don't bash Re Destro too early guys, everyone has mistake at first. Remember Shigaraki once got trashed by bunch of high schoolers but now he has ascending into badass with town level destructive capacity that might put any hero a run down.
Hey, it's not like he is going to lose again to high school student right? Haha
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 07:50   Link #4376
Sixth
Hu Tao

Thanks god that this boring arc is finally over. I am not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

Quote:
O my 7 quirks should have a perfect counter for that. Also, remember how Wolverine took down Phoenix in X-Men 3 movie? Deku should be able to pull that off since he has O my 7 quirks armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I loved... LOVED this villain arc... but I'm going to be completely honest and say that I didn't like this chapter. I felt like Redestro's switch over to working under Shigaraki and forking over his whole organization came out of nowhere. Yes, we saw foreshadowing last chapter that he thought Shigaraki was "free" and whatnot... but their ideals are still very different. All the people in this organization suddenly bowing down to the League feels out of place.

It kinda just felt like this whole thing was an excuse to give the League more numbers and money. I would have been PERFECTLY FINE with the league keeping their numbers, along with their current power-ups, plus Gigant and the doctor.
Yeah, I agreed with you on this. Their numbers are fine and they should have do well with the doctor's help alone.

Now the writer gave Shigaraki too much power, and you can expect that they will get nerfed to the point the heroes can take them down in a "believable" manner.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 08:14   Link #4377
marvelB

While I do agree to a certain extent that it sucks for Re-Destro to submit himself to Shigaraki, personally I'm just glad this means he'll actually SURVIVE past this arc. As I said previously, I think he's an interesting villain in his own right, and want to see how well he fares against hero opponents. Plus, I think it's actually kind of a neat twist that the liberation army is being absorbed into the league of villains, as sudden as it may be. I also like how Giganto seems impressed by Shigaraki's growth (though probably more through his town-leveling prowess than anything, heh). Too bad we still didn't see any new power-ups from Spinner, Compress, or Dabi, though..... I guess they'll have to wait a bit longer for theirs.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 11:19   Link #4378
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It was just a bit too sudden to me... it just wasn't handled every well and considering how well this author's been handling things up until now, it was a bit disappointing.

Also, this might be me overthinking things, but I I agree with what was said above, that Shigaraki and his group just got an insane power boost and will have to be very obviously nerfed to be taken down. I find it hard to believe that this story will go further than highschool, which tells me that Deku and crew will be defeating this massive organization and powerful individuals before they even become actual adults/pro heroes. I know they will likely have plenty of actual heroes backing them up, but it just annoys me a little.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 11:31   Link #4379
James Rye

I liked it. Only 20 chapters and we got a lot of changes, power-ups, flashbacks, deeper characterization and cool battles. You could argue about the earlier wake-up but it makes sense that the doc would not want the Successor to actually die. And for Gigantomachoman it makes sense to accept Shigaraki after witnessing him leveling a town and making a whole army submit to him. Like Re-Destro said "Strength is right" and Shigaraki IS the strongest in town, everyone saw that, the Boss defeeted (hehehe) to the feet of his opponent with no feet on his own. And ofc Shigaraki impressed him by living truly free and his full power out as it should be his "Human right". It is what they said about Toga and Twice, their lives were miserable because they lived out their Quirks to the fullest as they wanted to and in the Liberation Army are supposed to, Toga got shunned by society and Twice got traumatized by his own power. Both Re-Destro and Shigaraki were using their Quirks without any regards to their surroundings and Re-Destro lost. If he wants to stay true to his ideology of free use of Quirks and them representing might then surrendering was the only option left to him. That or the death and the end of his army. With the surrender there is still a chance they can see their ideal through once society is gone up in flames and ashes once Shigaraki went through the government, their laws and police and superhero forces. It will be a throw-back to darker ages with powerful Quirk Lords ruling over lower Quirk soldiers and peasants but it will be an age where everyone can use their quirk without any laws hindering them.

So to me it makes sense why both Re-Destro and Gigantomachoman will follow Shigaraki from now on.
Old 2019-08-18, 19:42   Link #4380
Crunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Destro is the only one who's bowing mostly because his legs are gone. We don't see any of the members bowing and nothing in those chapters said that Redestro changed his ideals at all its just that Shiggy embodied what the organization has always stood for with the way he gleefully used his quirk.

Quote:
I would have been PERFECTLY FINE with the league keeping their numbers, along with their current power-ups, plus Gigant and the doctor.
The arc detailed that the problem is that the league had nothing at their disposal and they feasible would have never been able to defeat Gigant or get the doctor to join their side had the events of the arc transpired. Now they actually pose a threat to the heroes as oppose to being a bunch of hooligans.
Crunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot