Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2024-02-27, 13:14   Link #1321
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
They patched Aerith's final line from Remake? Just "I don't like this sky"?
Spoiler for FF7 Remake ending:
Old 2024-02-27, 15:29   Link #1322
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Replaying the first and I can almost guarantee the last game will be ff7 Reunion
Isn't Reunion what they named the Crisis Core remaster? My money's on Reckoning.

I pre-ordered the game after playing the Junon demo, here's what I got from it:
Spoiler for Junon demo impressions:

I'm also playing Intergrade these days, it's a cakewalk compared to this demo.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-27, 19:06   Link #1323
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Spoiler for FF7 Remake ending:
On that note, I really really hope they kept the same French translator. They received a lot of backlash from players because the subtitles didn't match the English dub and they assumed it was a bad translation as a result.... when the truth is that they simply accurately translated from Japanese (which is exactly what you'd want for a Japanese game) and the reason it didn't match the English script is because it's super liberal and full mistakes like the one you pointed out.

I would hate to be stuck with the English translation.
Old 2024-02-28, 04:51   Link #1324
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
On that note, I really really hope they kept the same French translator. They received a lot of backlash from players because the subtitles didn't match the English dub and they assumed it was a bad translation as a result.... when the truth is that they simply accurately translated from Japanese (which is exactly what you'd want for a Japanese game) and the reason it didn't match the English script is because it's super liberal and full mistakes like the one you pointed out.

I would hate to be stuck with the English translation.
Yeah. I've heard from other french folks that the French translation was actually much more faithful to the Japanese original. I was actually pretty shocked to see how liberal they had been with just this one line. (I haven't gotten this far in the game. It's one of those that's been on my backlog for far too long)
Old 2024-02-28, 06:40   Link #1325
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

In Crisis Core, Aerith did talk about the sky in regards to fears. Wonder if it's a reference to that.
Old 2024-02-28, 08:10   Link #1326
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
In Crisis Core, Aerith did talk about the sky in regards to fears. Wonder if it's a reference to that.
More like character development.

In CC she said she fears the sky because it felt like trying to suck her in, meanwhile in VII-R she said she hate the sky.
Nomura and Kitase explained it because the sky remind her of Zack and her deceased mother; both indeed post-OG addition to her characterization, referring to her connection with Lifestream.

At least now we know they're re-reading Remake to ensure nothing felt off.

Old 2024-02-28, 08:30   Link #1327
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
More like character development.

In CC she said she fears the sky because it felt like trying to suck her in, meanwhile in VII-R she said she hate the sky.
Nomura and Kitase explained it because the sky remind her of Zack and her deceased mother; both indeed post-OG addition to her characterization, referring to her connection with Lifestream.

At least now we know they're re-reading Remake to ensure nothing felt off.

Yeah. I kinda wondered if it's a coincidence they are using these words considering most of Nomura's protagonists are named after the weather or sky. Sora happened to mean sky which is often referenced by the famous letter in which even though there is are dozens of worlds, they all share the same sky.
Old 2024-02-29, 06:39   Link #1328
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Rebirth is out but it seems Square's Japanese side messed up by how they released the two disks. It seems the affection meters are more notable in Rebirth than in Remake as it seems Cloud can have more caring scenes with Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie and Barret (!!!).

I don't know anything about the ending yet but the Goldensaucer
Spoiler for date:
Old 2024-03-04, 03:07   Link #1329
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

So far ....

> Costa Del Sol and Gold Saucer are very good, they really successful transforming it from "subjectively good" to "everyone will loves it"
> Characterization to Cloud, Red, Yuffie and Vincent are excellent, probably the best "show, don't tell" AFAIK for 2023-2024. Now you can get the feel of how Yuffie and Vincent eventually become their DoC self as well as Cloud became his AC self.

> Sephiroth confirms he's tampering with Lifestream.
Spoiler for Do not read unless you're fine with it:

> Combat got upgrade to the point there are times AI can't catch up properly; either you toggle it to easy mode or start reading carefully skill and materia description.

Old 2024-03-04, 04:23   Link #1330
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Queen's Blade is hella fun...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-04, 07:21   Link #1331
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Queen's Blade is hella fun...
I hate it. But not as much as I hate the Fort Condor mini-game. Whoever thought it was a good idea to make you automatically lose if you run of time instead of simply comparing how much health the commanders have should get shot.

I have very mixed feelings about the game. I'm only on chapter 4 so hopefully it will improve, but it's looking like you're going to repeat the same boring and repetitive Chadley tasks in every regions. I miss the linearity of the first game, this is everything an open world shouldn't be. It's just bloat, really.
Old 2024-03-04, 07:25   Link #1332
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Heard rumors about Vincent being the protagonist in DLC chapter similar to Yuffie in Integrade. About the open world, I heard it's as big as the old Square games Xeno
Old 2024-03-04, 08:06   Link #1333
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Fair assumption since Yuffie and Sonon chapter in Intergrade pretty much testing area for Rebirth combat design, Yuffie and Cid also Dirge characters inclusion.
So if they do another append, Vincent is the way to sell it (LOL), especially in consideration to his popularity and Limit Break; clever way to tell audiences that Yuffie and Vincent are 'skippable' not to mention will allow them to finish everything by last installment under reasonable development time.
Old 2024-03-04, 09:32   Link #1334
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Heard Vincent's characterization was also kinda different
Spoiler for content:

Also... they named a character Dio?! Must avoid a reference
Old 2024-03-06, 17:49   Link #1335
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

On chapter 7 now and the game drastically improve when you get to Junon. I've loved everything that happened since. I even got into Queen's blood and managed to win the tournament without too much trouble (I only had to retry with Chadley). Story is mostly the same but the additions are fantastic. Costa Del Sol was great, I actually really liked the Red mini-games. And of course, Tifa's swimsuit!

I guess one thing that helped was getting spoiled about whether Aerith lives or dies. I was in a hurry to finish the game because I wanted to find out but now that I know, I can just enjoy the game and take my time. Sometimes spoilers are a blessing.

I also changed from the super blurry performance mode to graphics. Game looks a lot better now. I'll switch back if they patch it, but I don't expect that to happen any time soon.
Old 2024-03-06, 20:56   Link #1336
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I also changed from the super blurry performance mode to graphics. Game looks a lot better now. I'll switch back if they patch it, but I don't expect that to happen any time soon.
Just a frame rate thing?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-06, 23:59   Link #1337
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just made it to the Saucer at 26 hours as my compulsive open world tendencies always win in the end.

Gold Saucer in this game is exactly what I thought Disneyland would look like when I was a kid.

The art direction for every region in this game as been absolutely phenomenal so far.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-07, 05:20   Link #1338
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Vincent have little to no characterization in OG, Rebirth made him "This is the anti-social guy who appears in AC and will be MC of Dirge".
This decision is pretty good because it helps Yuffie and Cait Sith upcoming characterization, as they're Vincent "party members" for Dirge.

One thing I appreciated most is probably how they didn't make inclusion of append characters as something totally awesome.
Like Kunsel and Weiss in Remake, if you didn't know Cissnei, its fine. So do with with Zero Soldiers, no problem if you didn't play the mobile game, but its fairly rewarding to know who they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Just a frame rate thing?
Its overall fidelity. If Remake is "good", then Rebirth is "just enough".

Characters can't reach same details as Remake; obvious enough from how Cissnei hairs darker and less detailed compare to her portrayal in Crisis Core: Reunion.
Understandable drawback from having detailed, more colorful, spacious towns instead of monochrome town with steel and pipes. Junon and Gold Saucer are amazing.
Old 2024-03-07, 06:46   Link #1339
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The ending touches
Spoiler for what the:
Old 2024-03-07, 18:01   Link #1340
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Just a frame rate thing?
They messed up the upscaling in performance mode so everything looks blurry. It does run at 60fps most of the time, but it looks really bad.

Not sure what the resolution of the graphics mode is but it's pretty crisp and runs at a steady 30fps. I got used to the 30fps after a few hours. Makes me wish I hadn't been stubborn and done the same with FFXVI.

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg