AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2016-06-04, 10:31   Link #1
Nihgthawk

Light Novels you would love/hate to receive an official translation.

Lately quite a few LN series have been getting licensed by US companies for official translations. I know some people get quite upset when this happens to a series they are reading but I also read that there is a not so insignificant number of people that like to see this happen. There is also a group that are happy that an official translation will eventually be coming out but also hate the fact that it will take said translation to catch up to where the fan translations stopped. So for this thread I thought people could list down what series they would love, hate, or love/hate to receive an official translation.

Now mind you this is NOT a thread for bashing licensers, like yen press, or DMCA's. The companies that publish the light novels are in it for profit just like any other business and they act how they see fit to protect their product and profits. Plus the authors deserve to get paid for their work and every new officially licensed series is more money in their pocket so they can be more motivated to write the stories that we all love.

In summation LOR should be for series you personally would love to see officially translated. HOR is for series that you would hate to receive an official translation for what ever reason. Finally LHOR is for series you would love to receive an official translation but hate the fact that it will take so long for the series to up to the fan translations. Please note that series that have been licensed should not appear in any of your lists.

Now on to the lists. These are not in any particular order just wrote them down as I thought of them. Please post your own lists.

Love to see Official Release (LOR)
1. Tenchi Muyo Novels - This includes the original three novels Jurai, Yosho, Washu, GXP and Paradise War series.
2. Gundam Unicorn
3. Konjiki no Word Master
4. Mushoku Tensei
5. Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
6. Gun-ota
7. Aria the Scarlet Ammo (again)
8. Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
9. Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
10. Hyouka
11. Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
12. I'm a Spider, So What?

Hate to see Official Release (HOR)
Honestly nothing for this list I mean their are series that I do not care for but any new Light Novel getting translated brings more interest for expansion in this area which means more series getting translated over all.

Love/Hate to see Official Release (LHOR)
1. Campione
2. Date A Live
3. Zero no Tsukaima
4. Oda Nobuna no Yabou
5. Only Sense Online
6. High School DxD
7. Knight's and Magic
8. Madan no Ou to Vanadis
9. Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
10. Moonlight Sculptor
11. Magika no Kenshi to Basileus
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-06, 17:19   Link #2
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I wish someone would license K Project manga/novels.
Old 2016-06-07, 06:52   Link #3
VORTIA

Does Kyokai Senjo no Horizon count, or is it not "light" enough?

Seconding
Hidan no Aria
Zero no Tsukaima
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Adding
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Ero-Manga Sensei
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imoto ga Iru

Because I'm awful like that!
VORTIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 00:19   Link #4
DustHalls

Let's see, there's a bunch of stuff that I'd love to have licensed.

So, in the LOR category:

From stuff that has had an anime adaptation, I'd like:

- Fate Zero (along with anything Type-Moon related, just so that I could own it in a language I understand)
Spoiler for Cover:

- Kino no Tabi (only the first volume was ever officially translated ;_; )
Spoiler for Cover:

- Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru (because fuck that anime ending)
Spoiler for Cover:

From non-animated stuff:

- Occultic;Nine (Another entry in the Sci;Adv world. Words cannot describe how much I want this.)
Spoiler for Cover:

- DDD (More Type-Moon? In my list? More likely than you think.)
Spoiler for Cover:

- Automata With Crusher (The concept seems incredibly interesting!)
Spoiler for Cover:

- Fire Girl (There's no such thing as too much Type-Moon )
Spoiler for Cover:

- Hariyama-san (Fun Narita shenanigans surrounding a guy that's only ever tangentially related to all the different stories in the book, tying them all together? Sign me in!)
Spoiler for Cover:

- Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? (Phew, what a title! This one seems to be currently incredibly popular)
Spoiler for Cover:

- Zaregoto (Apparently one of Nisio's greatest works? Gotta check it out for myself! Sadly, only the first 2 volumes were ever officially translated )
Spoiler for Cover:

- "Fushigi" Toriatsukaimasu: Tsukumodou Kottouten (I just love Gosick-style episodic mystery series, especially if they incorporate fantasy elements!)
Spoiler for Cover:

- Macaron Daisuki na Onnanoko ga Dounika-Kounika Sennen Ikitsuzukeru Ohanashi. (A series of 2ch stories that ended up getting published?! I read a fan translation and it was super cute)
Spoiler for Cover:

- 15x24 (A mystery with a very interesting concept!)
Spoiler for Cover:

- Death Need Round (This is a wild guess, but the summary sounds hilarious!)
Spoiler for Cover:

In the HOR category, I don't have any specific title in mind, but I'll puke blood if I see another trashy battle harem type of light novel get licensed (stuff like Danmachi, Strike the Blood, Index or Shield Hero.) :S

As for LHOR, I guess there's Kino no Tabi and Tsukumodou, but I haven't gotten around to starting Kino no Tabi yet, and only 4 volumes of Tsukumodou have been fantranslated, so it's not like the wait would be too long.

Last edited by DustHalls; 2016-07-10 at 00:43.
DustHalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 18:32   Link #5
Tsundere_Maid

Maybe I'm going to be off base about this, but one of the light novels that I've been hoping gets translated and licensed officially would be Toradora. I think it was officially a light novel before it was an anime.

I know the Monogatari novels were licensed (although they released the 7th book first for some reason?) and Haruhi Suzumiya LNs were finished awhile ago. Baccano! just got started in the states, and all I can really ask for at this point is Toradora!
Tsundere_Maid is offline   Reply With Quote