1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-03-19, 07:05   Link #21
G0rd0

how much you guys wanna bet that the baby will be named Orga
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 07:11   Link #22
FerrusManus

I wish that Orga died in battle, piloting the white Shiden. Looking at the preview for next episode someone is piloting it (bearing a nice Zaku-style shoulder shield).
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 07:14   Link #23
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

What the? Blid survived? I thought I saw her floating corpse during the Danslief attack.
Old 2017-03-19, 07:15   Link #24
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The funny thing is, if you go to sites & forums that talked about IBO episode 1 when it aired, many people have already predicted Orga's demise since day one because people saw too much Kamina in him .
I don't really think it takes much to say that Orga always had a lot of death flags simply from the nature of his character. He's a charismatic leader that everyone loves and that the hero is extremely close to. Nothing really works without him, and if he's gone it would cause major drama for everyone.
To say that it's a "prediction" is like saying Orga "exists" it's just the nature of his character. The thing is, they have done a good job of having him live this long thus far and he was the co-lead for a long time.
Now, the question is, do they save him with a super bath? However, as of right now, Tekkadan is going to have to live on it's own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianR View Post
The death of Orga was a plan of McGillis? He wanted Mika to think for himself, and only Orga was on his way ... :O
I don't know, suited goons are not really McGillis' thing. He's the type that will put poison in your tea, or just kill you outright. Also, he would have to know a lot of Rustal's plan and juggle a heck of a lot of pieces for it to work. I'm thinking they were Nobliss' guys.

1) that's usually what his guys look like. 2) now we have an excuse for Tekkadan to storm his office and kill him.

But....if he DID do it. And there was a weird feel like he DID manipulate something. Then Mika will end him and badly. I mean if he wanted to take over Tekkadan to use as his own forces. The problem with that, is that they would follow Eugene and literally any other member before Macky. Though Macky IS indeed charismatic and knowledgeable enough to pull them towards his cause somewhat if just to get vengance for Orga.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2017-03-19 at 07:25.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 07:22   Link #25
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

They pretty much have to keep him in critical life support, they said they want the reigns of leadership so Orga doesn't have to shoulder all the burden and this is it.

But as much as I want Iok to die, McGillis is right, killing Iok will throw Rustal into a "Burn Chryse to the ground" mode, as in they will snuff out the entire city just to get Tekkadan at all cost even if it means the media calls them out. Rustal is no stranger to bad reputation after all and how to erase it in the most dirty way possible.
Old 2017-03-19, 07:27   Link #26
akumaten

From tears of happiness:
TURBINES!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I MISSED YOU!!! Azee looks good in Naze's digs

To tears of sorrow:
NOT LIKE THIS!!!!! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO RETURN HIS GUN!!!!

I swear if it was caused by that Nobblis bastard...
Finally
YOU MISSED AGAIN, MCGILLIS?!!! You misseg Galielo and now Iok?
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 07:32   Link #27
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaten View Post
YOU MISSED AGAIN, MCGILLIS?!!! You misseg Galielo and now Iok?
Iok has prayed to the Egyptian gods of his ancestors and they have blessed him with luck beyond imagining.

Because with anyone else? That would have been a definite kill shot.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 07:32   Link #28
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
It seemed right back at the beginning, to me, as well, because it could force Mika to grow and change when the whole s1 was still ahead and he could become anything he wanted (and Kamina died pretty early on, too, for the same purpose), but the same trick feels completely wrong and forced now, after Mika's character has been solidified for 2 seasons now. It's simply too super damn late and feels like they want us to pretend these 2 seasons didn't happen. Well, no can do.

In other words, the writing really dropped the ball, if I had to pinpoint where, it started showing I guess about the beginning of the GH arc, and it's culminating in the 2 latest episodes, going downhill fast and becoming a bona fine trainwreck. They probably tried too hard.
Trainwreck? I don't think so. It's far from it so far. Dropping the ball? Mmmaaaybee.....but I still need to see the end to conclude that.

Also, it's obvious that IBO was heavily inspired by gangster movies. And if we're talking about gangster movies, this kind of chain-reaction of bad outcomes is pretty much the norm. Protags die (abruptly) in gangster movies. Some of them are even good people and likable characters. And I don't think Orga's death was meant like in Gurren Lagann to suddenly make Mika the leader of Tekkadan like Simon to Dai Gurren. If that happens, then I'm going to agree with you that IBO dropped the ball massively in the writing department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Hhhhh....ORGA! Orgaa....

I....I...my heart...it's breaking....

And just when he found his moxy, too!

Somebody get him the super nano bath!
Never invest yourself to characters in gangster movies. I learned that lesson the hard way when I watched The Untouchables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't really think it takes much to say that Orga always had a lot of death flags simply from the nature of his character. He's a charismatic leader that everyone loves and that the hero is extremely close to. Nothing really works without him, and if he's gone it would cause major drama for everyone.
To say that it's a "prediction" is like saying Orga "exists" it's just the nature of his character. The thing is, they have done a good job of having him live this long thus far and he was the co-lead for a long time.
I know. I just said what people were saying back then just as a playful reminder .
Old 2017-03-19, 07:35   Link #29
mweloo

If anyone's going to become the leader in Orga's absence, it's Eugene. They've been building up to it, and it'd be perfect payoff for his character development.

But still... ow, my heart.
mweloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 07:38   Link #30
Knight_SV

well, are the writer really favor iok?
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 08:03   Link #31
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I wish Iok Kujan died there on this episode, but it seems that McGills Fareed missed one of Iok's vital organs!

Meanwhile, surprised that Mikazuki Augus had sex with Atra Mixta and now she's carrying Mika's baby. Also, glad that Takaki Uno and Azee Gurumin are back to assist Tekkadan, but then again I'm pissed that Orga Itsuka got killed! Dammit, he should have live to become the King of Mars!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 08:12   Link #32
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Once Mikazuki learns about Orga's death, the limiters will be removed. It's going to be a carnage. Looking forward to the next 2 episodes.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 08:29   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

RIP Orga......and cheers for you and your journey so far!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-03-19, 08:32   Link #34
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

OK seriously, I'm definitely crushed by Orga's death, but I have to say this.

I LOVE IBO'S STORYTELLING.

It's nothing like the traditional "Two factions fighting each other in a war a-la- WWII and protagonist with Gundam wins" storytelling so oft-repeated in UC shows, SEED, 00, AGE and others.
Sure it's rather slow at the beginning, but it definitely picked up the pace at the middle, and now we're almost at the climax. This is how I like my storytelling, not the explosive-beginning-but-fizzles-at-the-middle-until-the-end stories that I often see in anime nowadays.
Old 2017-03-19, 08:42   Link #35
Key Board
Carbon

I guess this is going to end like a typical gangster movie..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 08:47   Link #36
Veriselle

I knew this moment will come since ep 1 waaaay back and when obari-sama tweeted his drawing of orga several hours before broadcast I was like ohshietohshietohshietnow?!
Not even a mecha death gotdammit sunrise! They sure keep tabs on how many members killed by mecha and by guns LMAO

RIP orga, I think mika will name his future child "orga" to remember you
Veriselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 08:57   Link #37
lokeen

Goddammit, I knew the moment they dragged out the end, it was way too calm and something bad was gonna happen. Thought the car was gonna blow up when they were at the hallway but it was assassins instead.
Is it wishful thinking for things to end well
Well at least Orga get to have a badass speech before he collapsed
lokeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 08:58   Link #38
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Next week McGillis death? Or the return of the Mobile armor!!!!!!.......probably the first one : )
Old 2017-03-19, 09:00   Link #39
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Bringing back the mobile armor is very dumb. At this point, who needs to bring that up!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 09:13   Link #40
comeatmebrah123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianR View Post
The death of Orga was a plan of McGillis? He wanted Mika to think for himself, and only Orga was on his way ... :O
Shit sounds like it could be the last fight mcgilles vs mika plausible

I got my haremmmmmmmmm
comeatmebrah123 is offline   Reply With Quote