4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-02, 07:32   Link #101
JC...
I am a Pie

Strangely Rhidde was being the pacifist this episode, It's understandable why he was, but seriously? It's not always possible to take out so many enemies without harming the pilots. That's my one gripe.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 09:40   Link #102
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
I wouldn't call Banagher a pacifist I think he's just afraid, I mean he's been thrust right into the middle of a war and he's responsible for the most important part of it, delusions of grandeur maybe, but not pacifism imo.
the only time a person feels guilty about killing an enemy is when he personally met the enemy..

and Banagher killing Gilboa is a good example..i even remember Mwu la Fllaga in GSEED telling Kira the same thing.. and I also remember in GSEED that Kira only started to realize that he killed someone was when he killed Nicol (who happens to be a friend of his bestfriend, Athrun)

yeah, i wouldn't call Banagher a Pacifist. it's just a prime example of teenage impulsiveness (since we all know he just wanted to be needed by Audrey, that's why he welcomed himself into the Unicorn's cockpit). he even said so himself that he was unsure whether his feelings will stay the same .. obviously in this episode, his reason was already wavering and creating a whirlwind of emo-ness inside of him.. (THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS TO CARRY THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD, BANAGHER )

but i'm confident he will mature quickly..

and please, hurry it up with Audrey and Banagher's reunion.. I just can't wait!!
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 14:56   Link #103
JC...
I am a Pie

The bit where Banagher is angrily chasing Full Frontal reminds me of the fight between Judau and Dakharan (The black guy that pilots the Dreissen in the colony drop arc).
Old 2011-04-02, 15:37   Link #104
Rawinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Strangely Rhidde was being the pacifist this episode, It's understandable why he was, but seriously? It's not always possible to take out so many enemies without harming the pilots. That's my one gripe.
It is when your MS is 15 years newer than the enemy's.
Rawinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 19:29   Link #105
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
I'd imagine that going for non-lethal attacks in a mobile suit would be pretty easy. I figure it's no more different than a cop shooting a suspect in the leg, or shoulder.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 20:06   Link #106
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I figure it's no more different than a cop shooting a suspect in the leg, or shoulder.
Only problem is that cops are taught to shoot to kill. One actually told me "If you're justified in shooting, you're justified in killing."
Old 2011-04-02, 21:25   Link #107
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Only problem is that cops are taught to shoot to kill. One actually told me "If you're justified in shooting, you're justified in killing."
It's sad but true. It's easiest to hit the chest after all. And when they do shoot, they make swiss cheese out of the person, every time.

Using a beam saber, disabling a mobile suit is easier, but with a beam rifle, it's not. Unless you're Kira.
Old 2011-04-02, 21:27   Link #108
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Using a beam saber, disabling a mobile suit is easier, but with a beam rifle, it's not. Unless you're Kira.
Well, with Zeon's MS it might be easier, since their limbs present targets just as large as their torso.
Old 2011-04-02, 22:01   Link #109
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Well, with Zeon's MS it might be easier, since their limbs present targets just as large as their torso.
TRUE.

and Riddhe wouldn't want Zeon princess to think bad of him
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 04:03   Link #110
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
He's obviously doing it for Minerva's sake. And really, 'not killing' is actually quite unexpected during battle, considering that every pilot would expect that the opposing side would directly attack the cockpit and one of the pilot's main priority is to protect themselves and avoid dying. So basically by that logic, attacking limbs is probably easier than attacking the cockpit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira
and Riddhe wouldn't want Zeon princess to think bad of him
You know where it's at.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 07:04   Link #111
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Who in Riddhe's mind would want to blow up mobile suits anymore?

This guy just lost his confidence in the Federation.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 18:08   Link #112
Butagami

Looks a lot like Exia, no?

It's nice that the Sinanju has a back-up camera-eye , but why is it right beside the main one? If that bazooka had been just a little bit more powerful, the second cam would also have been taken out. I like that they made the shout out to 00 (or was 00 not the first to this?) but it just seems illogical.

This didn't keep me from handing episode 3 a solid 10. Keep it up Sunrise!
Old 2011-04-07, 04:45   Link #113
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post

Looks a lot like Exia, no?

It's nice that the Sinanju has a back-up camera-eye , but why is it right beside the main one?
I wouldn't say right beside it, considering that we have the Asshimar to go on. It looked like the back-up was hidden in the right side of Sinanju's head, considering that we see the back-up camera slide out from the right side at 52:03 on the OVA, but it's too fast to notice it the first time. Although, the positioning of the back-up camera is probably a shout out to Terminator Exia.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 04:12   Link #114
Throne Zwei
Londo Bell Taskforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Although, the positioning of the back-up camera is probably a shout out to Terminator Exia.
I think you guys are thinking way too much on this part.
Old 2011-04-08, 10:33   Link #115
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne Zwei View Post
Can you really ever "overthink" anything in Gundam, the only series more confusing than the UC saga in Gundam is MGS.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 17:04   Link #116
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throne Zwei View Post
Just leave them alone. There isn't really anything else for the poor guys to do while they wait ~6 months for episode four.
Old 2011-04-09, 02:45   Link #117
JC...
I am a Pie

I've seen more overthinking in the 00 threads, sure it's fun to discuss what's going on 'behind the scenes' of the factions, but discussing the physics and how fictional technology (especially GN drives) seems a bit...
Old 2011-04-09, 12:41   Link #118
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I've seen more overthinking in the 00 threads, sure it's fun to discuss what's going on 'behind the scenes' of the factions, but discussing the physics and how fictional technology (especially GN drives) seems a bit...
That's actually fun and can take us somewhere though.
Old 2011-04-11, 19:21   Link #119
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Was so happy when i came home to see this waiting for me, finally got to see it.

Instant 10, UC gets better and better.

NT-D is so bad ass. Sad to see those 2 killed. Still don't get how the gundam being in the Laplace debris triggered the message? Also was the gundam falling while still int NT-D mode? Shouldn't it be able boost out of the gravitational pull, well that is Banagher didn't lose it.
Old 2011-04-11, 20:52   Link #120
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

amazing ep. i gave it a 9 because it wasn't longer... but yeah, i watched this within a few days of watching the 00 movie, and the gulf of quality is hilarious... the deaths were touching because they actually managed to develop the people who died. also, you feel a bit more for Marida once they expanded on her back story a bit.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote