AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-04-04, 23:48   Link #24221
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

the way you call your car your babe.
Old 2010-04-04, 23:55   Link #24222
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
I wondered about that, actually. How in heaven's name do you give an AI gender besides the voice?
The AI is sentient, it can self-identify its own gender.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 00:54   Link #24223
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
In my fic, Asclepius has a very deep voice. Think James Earl Jones as Darth Vader sort of deep and resonant.

Tizona's voice isn't deep, but clearer and very precise. Plus he doesn't speak in broken English like most of the Devices do, since he's got the same type of AI core (modified of course) as a Unison Device, but lacks the Linker Core.
Old 2010-04-05, 06:03   Link #24224
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
I wondered about that, actually. How in heaven's name do you give an AI gender besides the voice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
The AI is sentient, it can self-identify its own gender.

This brings up the potentially entertaining notion of a device that sounds like Shaft or something fervently insisting it is a pretty princess... I may have to use that at some point.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 09:03   Link #24225
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
This brings up the potentially entertaining notion of a device that sounds like Shaft or something fervently insisting it is a pretty princess... I may have to use that at some point.
<_< That joke would fall a little flat in text format. That's really a spoken gag.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 09:12   Link #24226
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
What DC said. And besides, there are already so many females in the Nanoha franchise, why not introduce some more guys into it? Even if they're only AI guys...
Old 2010-04-05, 12:58   Link #24227
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Cross-post. Continuing from the Wallachia Chronicles, Blood Angel Arc - Prologue; Depths of Isolation.
-------------------------------------------------

"They said they would conquer the stars.
And so they did.
They said they would conquer dimensions.
And so they did.
They said they would conquer the knowledge of the universe.
And so they did.
There was only one thing they couldn't conquer.
Hell."

The Fallen Angel Prophecy

Spoiler for 1: The Demons Are Her:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 13:13   Link #24228
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Okay, sorry for my last atempt, I alredy fixed this (Thanks to Satashi for saving my butt once again ) Here's official one without typo issues.

The Claw of Aligheri

I report my advice on the investigation on this artifact: at first I tough it could be from the ancient Belkan empire, but my research found out that it was much older than that would allow. This claw seems to be some sort of device; the energy that resides within it is huge. I could tell that the weapon has very powerful destructive abilities, even when its specific abilities are unknown. I have discovered that its energy generates some sort of magnetic pulse towards magic objects, like if it were trying to absorb or assimilate their energy. The purpose? I'm not sure, I'll conduct some more experiments to find out, but I'm afraid I'll be in the need for test subjects. Powerful ones, since none of the psychos or thugs I had used before survived. Perhaps we could use one of those TSBA mages? We could drag them into a trap or something. I need to think about this matter, and see what can I do. I'll also need more money and a better place to conduct my research. This hideout is falling apart! I can't work in these conditions! I'll be thankful if you can respond my message fast since time is most precious to me.

ATTE: Dr. Faust McCrown

Spoiler for Revolution is coming:
Old 2010-04-05, 15:48   Link #24229
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

I am continually confused and baffled by the private messages I get from FF.net.

Quote:
Hi

Who does fic requests,partner fics and fics often?

partner fics: A fic 2 people write.

who does serena/rei fics?

when new fics?

when do more fic pairings and fandoms?

bye!
Old 2010-04-05, 15:56   Link #24230
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

I am continually confused and baffled by the private messages I get from FF.net.

Wow. I have absolutely nothing to say about that. I'm so very very confused.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 16:05   Link #24231
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post

Wow. I have absolutely nothing to say about that. I'm so very very confused.
I think I can understand what they're saying, but I don't understand why they're saying it to me.
Old 2010-04-05, 16:09   Link #24232
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Oh dear, I wasn't counting on someone needing my nooberian linguistic skills outside of MMO forums.

*ahem*

"Hi, do you know someone who does request fics and partner fics often (a partner fic is a fic two people write together)?

And do you know anyone who who does Serena/Rei fics? Also, do you know when new fics are coming out?

Oh, and when are you going to do more pairing fics of the pairings that fandom likes?

Bye!"

[TL note: Not sure about that last one. The garbled nature of nooberian makes it so it could go either way, but usually 'pairing' and 'fandom' in the same sentence indicates it is about pairings that the fandom likes. If there was a negative word somewhere in the line (doesn't matter where) it'd mean the opposite.]

As for why they're sending it to you... well, any reason really. They could have read a fic of yours or simply picked a random name from the list.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 16:12   Link #24233
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh dear, I wasn't counting on someone needing my nooberian linguistic skills outside of MMO forums.

*ahem*

"Hi, do you know someone who does request fics and partner fics often (a partner fic is a fic two people write together)?

And do you know anyone who who does Serena/Rei fics? Also, do you know when new fics are coming out?

Oh, and when are you going to do more pairing fics of the pairings that fandom likes?

Bye!"

[TL note: Not sure about that last one. The garbled nature of nooberian makes it so it could go either way, but usually 'pairing' and 'fandom' in the same sentence indicates it is about pairings that the fandom likes. If there was a negative word somewhere in the line (doesn't matter where) it'd mean the opposite.]
Thanks for the translation, you did a better job of it than I did. Though now I don't know what fandom they're talking about... I write for a lot of fandoms, Serena/Rei seems to be for Sailor Moon, but that's about it.
Old 2010-04-05, 16:16   Link #24234
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It depends, the last line might be referring to the Nanoha fandom considering a certain fic there, but it could easily refer to any fandom and a misguided opinion that the senders pairing is the fandoms pairing. A common thing.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 16:38   Link #24235
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Well I felt I had to write something, and I ended up doing that Fate angst piece I mentioned. Let's try this attention grabbing thing...

Suffering in Silence:
A Fate angst piece

Spoiler for Suffering in Silence:
Old 2010-04-05, 17:07   Link #24236
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well I felt I had to write something, and I ended up doing that Fate angst piece I mentioned. Let's try this attention grabbing thing...

Suffering in Silence:
A Fate angst piece

Spoiler for Comment:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 17:46   Link #24237
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:

Suffering in Silence:
A Fate angst piece

Attention well grabbed!

I liked how Nanoha relied on Fate as the best-friend-I-must-spill-all-details to...ironic at the same time, since that's what's breaking poor Fate's heart .

Something that didn't sit well with me...all of Nanoha's friends are sharp cookies, especially Hayate, and I can't imagine that none of them would have any idea to Fate's feelings, Ms. I'm-in-a-transparent-closet girl . Even if they openly and light-heartedly tease Nanoha about her new relationship, I would imagine that they would maybe watch what they say a little around Fate, or give her a glance during Nanoha's revelation... Or maybe Fate's a better liar than we expect !

The ending seems a tad dramatic, which works if there's a second chapter coming , but seems a little odd to end a one-shot...just my thoughts on that .

Quote:
I had considered going away on a long mission in order to forget the pain, but I still loved her too much to bear being away from her.
Ouch . No easy answers here, and you caught that feeling well .
Old 2010-04-05, 18:14   Link #24238
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Something that didn't sit well with me...all of Nanoha's friends are sharp cookies, especially Hayate, and I can't imagine that none of them would have any idea to Fate's feelings, Ms. I'm-in-a-transparent-closet girl . Even if they openly and light-heartedly tease Nanoha about her new relationship, I would imagine that they would maybe watch what they say a little around Fate, or give her a glance during Nanoha's revelation... Or maybe Fate's a better liar than we expect !
... Let's go with that last one Besides, sometimes it's the most obvious things we over look. Or perhaps the others don't consider Fate's feelings to be romantic like me.

Quote:
The ending seems a tad dramatic, which works if there's a second chapter coming , but seems a little odd to end a one-shot...just my thoughts on that .
Nope, just this one shot. This fic is based off a similar situation I went through (only my feelings weren't as strong and Fate didn't have to listen to them have sex in the next room) and in the end all I could do was just wait until those feelings faded away. I can't really think of any other way to end it.

Quote:
Ouch . No easy answers here, and you caught that feeling well .
Heh, it seems many writers here have at one point used the "I love her but I can't have her so I'm going to go far away from her to get over it" plot line. I wanted to subvert that.
Old 2010-04-05, 18:17   Link #24239
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:

Wow @_@

Lets do a joint project!
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 18:31   Link #24240
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Nope, just this one shot. This fic is based off a similar situation I went through (only my feelings weren't as strong and Fate didn't have to listen to them have sex in the next room) and in the end all I could do was just wait until those feelings faded away. I can't really think of any other way to end it.
Well, my comment on that last line still stands , but I mean, it's not like a huge problem...just it doesn't really give me a feeling of "story closed".

Quote:
Heh, it seems many writers here have at one point used the "I love her but I can't have her so I'm going to go far away from her to get over it" plot line. I wanted to subvert that.
*is stabbed!* *nudges "When One Door Closes" under the carpet...*

No, the subversion is nice . It does seem like something Fate would do too, since she's pretty dependent on Nanoha. At the same time, it's hard to get over someone without putting some kind of space between you for some time . It would take a really emotionally strong person to pull it off in my opinion, and Fate doesn't seem like one of those to me.

But it's a good angsty short regardless .

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha