AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-10-08, 00:10   Link #3641
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

Snow Mountain Syndorome is my favorite story of the series. Cant wait to re-read it.

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
TheHaruhiIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 11:48   Link #3642
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
As was posted in the Disappearance news thread, the fourth novel has reached retailer warehouses. I was waiting to receive my copy before posting it, but Amazon did begin shipping out the paperback versions on Thursday. The Hardcover version is listed as "in stock" and will likely ship out on Monday if you order it.

Barnes and Noble had the paperback version listed as "in stock" earlier as well, but they've returned to the "pre-order" status.

As for updates on the tenth novel, the upcoming issue of The Sneaker, in the "December 2010" set to be released on October 30th, will be able to tell us if Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyougaku will be coming out in December or not. The only guarantee that we have is that the issue will have an attached Haruhi Suzumiya's road to success sticker set. Any leaks will most likely pop up around 10/25-10/26.

Edit: There was no preview for Disappearance unlike the earlier English translations. Hachette has still not put up a page for Rampage either.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 16:14   Link #3643
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Sorry for double-posting, but I got my copy of the English version of Disappearance today. I won't have time until tomorrow to read it fully due to very important activities, but I did skim through it and noticed a couple of things. Images are thumb-nailed due to size. Please click for bigger versions.

First is the cover/inner cover page. Unlike the previous three novels, this one has the pattern on the outside cover itself with no inner color page behind it.

The other thing I noticed was something new in the back, only applicable for this situation:

And since Boredom was the only other paperback I had easily accessible, here's a comparison picture for size and color comparisons:

The translator is still Chris Pai from MX Media, so the quality of the translation should remain at its high level. I should receive the hardcover later this week, so any comparisons will have to wait until then.

vvv That is a special panorama cover for the nine novels out in Japan, it began in late January/early February to promote the movie. All 9 together form a picture. The normal images are in the "all about Haruhi Suzumiya" thread stickied above.

Old 2010-10-18, 16:15   Link #3644
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
I'm sorry, I'm not in the mood to read the thread and pillage through to find out if this was posted.

Did Haruhi Novels have some kind of "Special covers" lately?

http://www.bk1.jp/books/searchResult...r=&hdnPageNo=1

I wanted to continue buying the novels (I can't really read them that well yet, but since I'm ordering something anyway I thought I might as well)... But I already own the first one and I really like consistency on my shelf

Is that a wrong image or do the novels currently have different covers?

EDIT:

Thanks for the answer through editing. nearly didn't see it...

If I order them, will I get those covers or were they really limited? Because I don't want them. I already own Novels one and two with the original covers... so I want them all to have the normal ones. Thanks!

Thanks.

Last edited by Kamion; 2010-10-18 at 16:58.
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 17:23   Link #3645
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamion View Post
I'm sorry, I'm not in the mood to read the thread and pillage through to find out if this was posted.

Did Haruhi Novels have some kind of "Special covers" lately?

http://www.bk1.jp/books/searchResult...r=&hdnPageNo=1

I wanted to continue buying the novels (I can't really read them that well yet, but since I'm ordering something anyway I thought I might as well)... But I already own the first one and I really like consistency on my shelf

Is that a wrong image or do the novels currently have different covers?

EDIT:

Thanks for the answer through editing. nearly didn't see it...

If I order them, will I get those covers or were they really limited? Because I don't want them. I already own Novels one and two with the original covers... so I want them all to have the normal ones. Thanks!

Thanks.
It is a limited time special, but there's still a lot of stock remaining. Right now there's no guarantee which cover you would get when you order it with a couple of exceptions (like 9-novel sets with the panorama cover). If you could wait for the the stores to display normal covers, that may be your best course of action to get those covers.

Edit: Just finished reading the novel. Just as good as the other versions. Only 61 days to go before watching it again is possible. That person who translated the novels did an amazing job as usual. The only issue I'd have would be a phrase about the writing of the bookmark bring in Times New Roman when he constantly references the location as being in Japan, but that may be my nit-picky side coming out.

2nd edit: Oh, who is this handsome young man on the cover of the next manga volume?

This volume will encompass the epilogue of Disappearance, The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina, and an original story.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-10-18 at 20:35.
Old 2010-10-21, 08:24   Link #3646
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

That cover is so awesome... Ones and Zeroes with a heart in the middle. Just perfect.
Old 2010-10-22, 09:04   Link #3647
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Reports are that the list of light novels to be published in December 2010 by Kadokawa from The Sneaker Library (included in the next issue of The Sneaker out next Saturday) has been leaked on 2ch. The list does not include Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyougaku meaning that the tenth novel will likely not be published this year as planned. Nothing has been mentioned about progress of the book so far.

Here's the link to the Yunakiti gathering of the 2ch posts.

Old 2010-10-23, 09:50   Link #3648
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Reports are that the list of light novels to be published in December 2010 by Kadokawa from The Sneaker Library (included in the next issue of The Sneaker out next Saturday) has been leaked on 2ch. The list does not include Suzumiya Haruhi no Kyougaku meaning that the tenth novel will likely not be published this year as planned. Nothing has been mentioned about progress of the book so far.

I didn't read all the posts on the yunakiti (Reading 2ch hurts my head) but did they say "Winter 2010" or "This year". Because Winter 2010 includes January and February of 2011.

I sure hope it won't be pushed back too far... I wanted to buy them in bulk when it's out. And they latest I wanted to do that is in Summer/Fall 2011 when I visit Japan :P
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 11:10   Link #3649
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamion View Post
I didn't read all the posts on the yunakiti (Reading 2ch hurts my head) but did they say "Winter 2010" or "This year". Because Winter 2010 includes January and February of 2011.

I sure hope it won't be pushed back too far... I wanted to buy them in bulk when it's out. And they latest I wanted to do that is in Summer/Fall 2011 when I visit Japan :P
The exact phrase from The Sneaker was 2010年内発売予定, which translates to "Planning to be on sale by the end of 2010." Since we have all of the solicitations from The Sneaker Library until December, it's extremely unlikely that the book will be sold this year.

I hope that they will have the book on sale when you visit, but there's no guarantee that it'll be on sale currently.

Old 2010-10-25, 11:55   Link #3650
DurararaFTW

Quote:
It is a limited time special, but there's still a lot of stock remaining. Right now there's no guarantee which cover you would get when you order it with a couple of exceptions (like 9-novel sets with the panorama cover). If you could wait for the the stores to display normal covers, that may be your best course of action to get those covers.

Edit: Just finished reading the novel. Just as good as the other versions. Only 61 days to go before watching it again is possible. That person who translated the novels did an amazing job as usual. The only issue I'd have would be a phrase about the writing of the bookmark bring in Times New Roman when he constantly references the location as being in Japan, but that may be my nit-picky side coming out.

2nd edit: Oh, who is this handsome young man on the cover of the next manga volume?

This volume will encompass the epilogue of Disappearance, The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina, and an original story.
Pretty sure that's a particularly darkhaired interpretation of Itsuki.
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 15:17   Link #3651
bayoab

Quote:
Who is that large busted girl next to him?
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 17:29   Link #3652
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Just got my copy of the paperback Disappearance today. I was really looking forward to seeing what the clear gloss is on the cover (like how Melancholy is lightning bolts, Sigh is stars, Boredom is pixels). You know how the main little picture is a rectangle of binary digits with a heart in the middle? That heart is actually filled in with binary digits, but they're only done in the gloss, so photos and such won't pick it up. Also, the digits extend to either side of the box, and not symmetrically.

I really wonder what, if anything, the binary translates to!

(Comment about the Disappearance ad, which I forgot Koizumegax already posted~)

I was srsly disappointed that Yen Press didn't fix the cover copy on the back, which describes Nagato as a "time-traveling robot" and Asahina as "the cute girl of Kyon's dreams" - uhm, hello, Asahina is not just the girl that Kyon has wet dreams about, she's the time-traveler, and technically, Nagato doesn't time travel, and she's usually described as an alien, not a robot. Sheesh. (Also, haha, no mention of Koizumi on the back).
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 21:14   Link #3653
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
I can't make them out.
Old 2010-10-27, 21:23   Link #3654
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Just got my copy of the paperback Disappearance today. I was really looking forward to seeing what the clear gloss is on the cover (like how Melancholy is lightning bolts, Sigh is stars, Boredom is pixels). You know how the main little picture is a rectangle of binary digits with a heart in the middle? That heart is actually filled in with binary digits, but they're only done in the gloss, so photos and such won't pick it up. Also, the digits extend to either side of the box, and not symmetrically.

(Comment about the Disappearance ad, which I forgot Koizumegax already posted~)

I was srsly disappointed that Yen Press didn't fix the cover copy on the back, which describes Nagato as a "time-traveling robot" and Asahina as "the cute girl of Kyon's dreams" - uhm, hello, Asahina is not just the girl that Kyon has wet dreams about, she's the time-traveler, and technically, Nagato doesn't time travel, and she's usually described as an alien, not a robot. Sheesh. (Also, haha, no mention of Koizumi on the back).
I used a binary translator for both the white code and combining the hidden/shown code. It does not appear to be anything that I've found so far, but someone more experienced with binary is free to correct me. The hidden code is still glossy so using flash will pick it up for a picture.

I'm not surprised that the back cover wasn't changed. The back of Melancholy still had Kyon sitting behind Haruhi on it, so they weren't likely to change this one either. At least Rampage isn't too bad with its description.

Old 2010-10-27, 22:09   Link #3655
s07195
However,

Quote:

Is it me or does it say that the release date of novel 10 has been delayed
Old 2010-10-28, 00:38   Link #3656
kyonyun
Evil Overlordy Thing

It does seem to be takeing its time
kyonyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 00:55   Link #3657
Skane
Anime Snark

Volume 10 better turn out to be the Starcraft of light novels, and not Duke Nukem Forever (and ever).

Cheers.
Old 2010-10-28, 02:31   Link #3658
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Volume 10 better turn out to be the Starcraft of light novels, and not Duke Nukem Forever (and ever).
But DNF is (finally) coming out next year.

The more apt comparison these days would be FFvsXIII.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 06:34   Link #3659
DurararaFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
But DNF is (finally) coming out next year.

The more apt comparison these days would be FFvsXIII.
Duke Nukem took 2 decades IF it doesn't get delayed again. FFvsXIII hasn't beaten that yet.
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 06:59   Link #3660
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Well at least we can be sure (hope) that with the novel the author will eventually clog towards his conclusion...DNF sorta just went from one build to build, one engine to engine over the course of a decade and didn't accomplish shit.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga