Notices

Old 2011-04-07, 19:16   Link #2221
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka ?!!

Zombie...

Zombie !!

How I came to this show?

It was thanks due to Divine's recommendation when I checked randomc.net Blog at the start of the past season, praising the first episode for its wacky silliness but palpable story.

Recently, I'm not been in tune to watch after seinen comedies, and Zombie was my first seinen comedy in months after B Gata H Kei ended.

Beneath the silly wackiness, locket-room sexual fantasies, and the Willy E. Coyote-like mishaps, there's a story both palpable and grounded by it's not-so clichéd and yet inconventional characters.

Overall, I liked the first arc (episode 1 to 6) over the second one (episodes 7 to the end). Kyouko firmly and steadily made her place amongst the most remarkable female villains in otaku anime culture.

Too bad that after the sixth episode she completely disappeared from the storyline.

Spoiler:

Every time that Ayumu's masou-shoujo full transformation sequence was depicted on-screen I lol hysterically while exclaiming nae, to which in otaku culture idiom is the diametrically opposite to moe.

Sweet surprises I got at the end, when Eu finally spoke her words for the first time ever in the show.

Congratulations for the people who did this anime adaptation, and seriously the ending to the very last episode reeks or gives illusion to scream for a second season.

Second anime finished for the past winter 2011 season.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 22:42   Link #2222
Kyouka
Is Here

finally got done with 12th episode it was a really good series enjoyed in alot cant wait for the ova now
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 03:58   Link #2223
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Just marathon'd it over at CR...first winter series I finished (my gosh, I'm behind the times). It was...fun.

The show has a mix of highs and lows. It started out pretty strongly; it continued to be enjoyable for much of it, and I found it to be pretty funny overall; but I had many moments where the show's pacing just failed and/or the script felt like it was cutting out something important.

Random Impressions:
Spoiler for TL;DR:

A fun little series, so long as one doesn't have an overly high expectation. It's clearly a low-budget production though. Rarely has the animation been much more than serviceable and sometimes worse -- that last episode, argh, and the lame OP CGI. Music is so-so, though I dislike the overused battle theme, which works fine in a funny action scene but awkward in absolutely serious ones when the next scene is going to be a heartfelt farewell speech or something.

I'm curious, however, who is that girl at the very end? The one with ojou hair?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 13:25   Link #2224
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

very impressive show. it did a good job at mixing a whole bunch of elements together and having it work out well too.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 16:41   Link #2225
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Just finished with this series and frankly that was just ridiculously crazy or crazy ridiculous but the ridiculous kind that you can fully enjoy like Sengoku Basara.

And I gotta admit I lost no love for this show more so I gain more for it.
The story was a tad half-baked but in the end I didn't care for any of it's faults or flaws cause I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The last ep was not what I was expected but i can't deny I loved it

One of the things I loved was Ayumu's "Onii-chan" fantasies, he's oddly desperate for attention in that regard but I can't blame him

To my surprise I find I got a MC thats constantly surrounded by beauties that I don't feel like punching for being such a idiot(in the annoying way)
But then I guess I'm envious of the fact he's surrounded by all the beauties I might just punch him out of spite

If I did have any niggle with this series it was there was not enough of Taeko-chan(the lovely pig-tailed lass), I took an instant liking to her when I first saw her and saddens me a little that we didn't get anywhere with her but what can you do.

All I can do now is hope we get a 2nd season cause damn this series deserves one!

And remember peeps, it's not staring it's "the tender, loving gaze of a man"
Old 2011-04-30, 00:57   Link #2226
Xacual

I can't read this but apparently an announcement is coming on June 10th. Possible season 2 already?

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-1727.html

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 03:55   Link #2227
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
It just says that there will be an important announcement in June, linking the publisher's site as it's source.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 04:58   Link #2228
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Oh ho?

Looks like I found something from that link.

I wonder what this is apart from seeing the words "13th Episode"...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 07:00   Link #2229
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Oh ho?

Well we knew it was getting a 13th episode a while ago back when it started airing at least. So the announcement has to be about something else.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 04:43   Link #2230
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well we knew it was getting a 13th episode a while ago back when it started airing at least. So the announcement has to be about something else.
I know about that 13th. I'm just wondering about the screenshots I'm seeing...

Old 2011-05-01, 05:00   Link #2231
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Besides, episode 13 is scheduled on June 3. If the announcement is due for June 10, which is a week later, there must be a reason behind it. Like: "now that it's all settled, we're going to tell you that..." ... fill the sentence as you wish

Here's also a cute bikini Yuu as a bonus:

Old 2011-05-01, 05:38   Link #2232
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Like: "now that it's all settled, we're going to tell you that..." ... fill the sentence as you wish
Of course, I'd fill that blank with a "Season 2 Announcement" spam over and over but that'll earn me a lariat from you of course

Also, June 10? Lots of (maybe indefinite) free time for me then, it's either I get a job or end up back to the ways of a NEET

Old 2011-05-01, 09:07   Link #2233
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Oh ho?

It's just a post about screenshots for ep 13.....and there's also a DVD package coming out with vol 8.
Old 2011-06-06, 03:30   Link #2234
Equidistant

Second season is confirmed.
This is somewhat surprising to me, I'd say this is a combination of not terrible DVD/BD sales(think Vol.1 was around 4k), increased light novel sales, and it probably didn't hurt that the first season got licensed.
Well the 1st season was a decently entertaining show, so I'm looking forward to the second.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 12:55   Link #2235
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Besides, episode 13 is scheduled on June 3. If the announcement is due for June 10, which is a week later, there must be a reason behind it. Like: "now that it's all settled, we're going to tell you that..." ... fill the sentence as you wish
Is so called episode 13 out now?

I knew this season would get a 2nd run. (Shame the mods didn't give this a subforum..................................)

Spoiler for future char claim:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 21:50   Link #2236
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I haven't been able to find episode 13 anywhere but glad to hear about a second season
Old 2011-06-08, 18:17   Link #2237
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
2nd season? Fuck ye
But honestly i'm not satisfied with that =/ this anime needs ATLEAST another 4 seasons to exploit it's full potential and ecchi ofc
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 14:23   Link #2238
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

It appears that I am not the only one who has been unable to watch Korezon Episode 13.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 15:51   Link #2239
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

If one finds episode 13 and leads us to where it is at, then we will give you a treat. But I'll defiantly have to find episode 13 before the second season is out, or it could be that it isn't subbed yet? Or that episode 13 is planning to release on June 10th?
Old 2011-06-10, 09:59   Link #2240
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Original site says it is released already. However, I was hoping that I might be able to watch it somewhere. (This series is licensed, therefore, there is to be no discussion concerning...)

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen