Notices

Old 2011-07-12, 15:34   Link #401
psycho_luny
close to insanity
*Author

Send a message via MSN to psycho_luny
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Joint accounts? Pretty much asking to get cleaned out if things go sour. My personal method is three accounts... one for each of us (which our money goes into) and one "house" account in which money for shared expenses goes. Things like rent, groceries, internets, etc. Our own phone bills are paid out of our personal accounts.

Though, right now until I get the evil empire to stop being evil, my bank accounts are frozen... take my advice and don't ever bank with Chase. They're horrible.
now that's what i call a smart person
Old 2011-07-12, 22:11   Link #402
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hmmm.... My choice for my ideal girlfriend would be:
Character: intelligent, nice, friendly, patient, optimistic, shy?
Looks: Beautiful, long hair, pony tailed?
Body: Sexy? an inch shorter than me.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 00:59   Link #403
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Joint accounts? Pretty much asking to get cleaned out if things go sour. My personal method is three accounts... one for each of us (which our money goes into) and one "house" account in which money for shared expenses goes. Things like rent, groceries, internets, etc. Our own phone bills are paid out of our personal accounts.

Though, right now until I get the evil empire to stop being evil, my bank accounts are frozen... take my advice and don't ever bank with Chase. They're horrible.
Most financial planners will tell a couple that the "3 account" plan is an Outstanding Idea. You both need your own credit history, it encourages family finance planning meetings, it gives each person their own "play space".
Old 2011-07-13, 10:02   Link #404
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Eh, my parents maintained a single account, and never had any financial issues, despite my parents seperating.

In fact, my father's account is still shared with my mother, though she now also maintains her own account.

Though I think a lot of it is down to my father never dealing with money related issues. My mom still does all the money related paper work for my father!
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 13:52   Link #405
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I know lots of couples where one person takes on the financial obligations. With me and my fiancee, I tend to handle a lot of the money-related stuff, but she's also involved. Due to the nature of the way we are surviving right now, sometimes one of us will pay for the other's tuition or books and vice-versa (due to financial aid coming in at odd intervals).
Old 2012-04-24, 13:07   Link #406
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Someone who could stand my machine-gun mouth. Once I start talking, there's no end to it. It's an annoying trait, I know,and guys will find it suffocating, but I love to talk!

Also, he must agree to sign prenuptial agreement before we register our marriage.

And he must not be mama's boy.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 13:57   Link #407
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Someone who could stand my machine-gun mouth. Once I start talking, there's no end to it. It's an annoying trait, I know,and guys will find it suffocating, but I love to talk!

Also, he must agree to sign prenuptial agreement before we register our marriage.

LOL machine gun mouth. I'm chatty but I can't talk nearly as fast as I can type. I have a hard time deciding whether a quiet or chatty wife is better. My ex-gf was as chatty as me and we don't get anything done because we have so much junk flooding out of our mouths.

-------
The ideal wife for me is someone who is polar opposite in every characteristic. But it's so hard to even describe myself as everything fluctuates for each situation.

Instead of naming random characteristics on thin air, I'm gonna talk about ex-gf 2 years ago because I found her to be closest to my ideals than anyone else I've met
Spoiler for Basing off ex-gf:

Spoiler for General Description:

Spoiler for Probably my future spouse::

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-04-24 at 14:25.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 19:33   Link #408
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Count me out then. I love my mom. The ladies I find most attractive resemble her.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 22:28   Link #409
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Count me out then. I love my mom. The ladies I find most attractive resemble her.
How was your relations with your mother when you were a child? For whatever strange reason, I really admire and respect my parents, they didn't even raise me through my teenage years.

I recall seeing a psych study that men have a bias towards woman that resemble their mother. Which applies to me as well. It's so creepy XD.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 01:18   Link #410
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
How was your relations with your mother when you were a child? For whatever strange reason, I really admire and respect my parents, they didn't even raise me through my teenage years.
I actually was closer to my older brother in my earlier years, but as I got more articulate I found that it actually was more relaxing (and often more interesting) to talk with my mom than him. I just think our personalities are really similar; I see a lot of her rationale and logic in myself.

Why didn't your parents raise you when you were a teenager? Perhaps you have a kind of nostalgia for them?

Quote:
I recall seeing a psych study that men have a bias towards woman that resemble their mother. Which applies to me as well. It's so creepy XD.
I think it's natural, and not actually very creepy when you think about it. As guys, we want to find women that will be easy to have a harmonious relationship with, and since we know our mothers' personalities well, it goes without saying that someone with a familiar personality will be easier to get along with.

And speaking of attractiveness, I always get the feeling that I could be turned on by all kinds of women, but the ones that resemble my mother aren't often women that I would describe as being "hot", but that the attractiveness is more present at the personal level, i.e. "I would do her" versus "she exudes a really attractive personality".
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 09:46   Link #411
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'd just be happy with somehow who likes me for who I am, not who I should be...

Plus she'd have to like guns.

Definitely like guns.

Just putting that out there.

Seriously, someone who likes me for me and someone who I like for whom they are. Not what we could and should be.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 07:43   Link #412
warita
Dai-Youkai

Hmmm, I am already in a happy relationship and my current bf is what I always asked for:

Kind, gentle, patient (extremely patient), intelligent (I have to be able to talk to him on my level) and he likes the things I do. No matter what we talk about, we always agree and I feel so comfortable in the relationship. I know he is reliable and honest and wants the same in life as me and that makes me feel like I can relax in my relationship. I find it very soothing.

In my opinion a harmonic and balanced relationship stands on 3 big pilars:

1. Similarities :hobbies, character traits, expectations in life, etc. I believe it is especially important to click on the personality level, because the more the partners are similar, the less friction will there be and consequently less fighting.

2. good fighting culture: there will always be fights and in fact I think it is healthier to have a good fight now and then rather than bottling negative emotions inside, that will eventually poison any relationship and become a ticking time bomb.

3. tolerance for differences and respect: As much as I think similarities are important, there always will be differencies and rather than trying to change the partner to fit your perfect ideal, you should let him be the person he is. I think one of the most unfair things you can do to a person is to try to change him. If it is a triviality, then go ahead by all means, but dont try to change anything basic.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote