Old 2004-05-09, 20:26   Link #341
HoboGod
Necromancer

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-09, 21:58   Link #342
katon
Some random dude

I was wondering about this.

In episode 82, when kakashi jumped back and performed his jutsu, he said "ninpo, suiton...". I know ninpo means ninja art (well, at least that's what it said on the subed version) and suiton means water type. I wonder what's the difference if you dont say ninpo first and just sution. I mean, kisame did his but he didnt say ninpo, all he said was "suiton, suikodan no justsu. So yeh, I've been pondering about this for sometime now.

Oh and in episode 81, when Itachi kicked kurenai into the water, it seems like she blocked it, but she got pushed back with a lot of force. I mean, he kicked her, she put her arms up to block it., a brief pause, then she goes backwards. I wonder if Itachi kicked, then put chakra into his foot, which then propelled kurenai into the water or was it something else?
Old 2004-05-09, 22:02   Link #343
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by katon

In episode 82, when kakashi jumped back and performed his jutsu, he said "ninpo, suiton...". I know ninpo means ninja art (well, at least that's what it said on the subed version) and suiton means water type. I wonder what's the difference if you dont say ninpo first and just sution. I mean, kisame did his but he didnt say ninpo, all he said was "suiton, suikodan no justsu. So yeh, I've been pondering about this for sometime now.
Great philosophical question.
Would the special techniques work if people didn't shout their names?
Old 2004-05-09, 22:40   Link #344
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:

'Ninpou' means ninja technique / art / skill, and 'no jutsu' means technique / art / skill (as in Kage Bunshin no jutsu means Shadow Replication technique). They're just different ways of saying the same thing.
Old 2004-05-09, 23:24   Link #345
LithKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Well, this depends on what you think of the theories in the thread Kage Bunshin.

For those who don't want to read the whole thing, there's an interesting idea about the concept of stamina being converted into chakra and what exactly gets put into the clones.

Let us assume that Naruto has 1000 stamina points (points are easier to illustrate).
Let us also assume that stamina can be converted into chakra at a 1:1 rate with no conversion loss.

The idea is that - if Naruto converts 100 points into chakra and makes 9 clones (for a total of ten bodies) then each clone has 100/10=10 points of chakra. The original Naruto has 10 points of chakra, but the ability to convert his other stamina into chakra.

In this case, a clone with 10 chakra / 0 stamina points probably can't perform any jutsus requiring more than a few points of chakra.

If the stamina also gets put into the clones, then each clone can convert stamina into more chakra to be able to perform jutsus.

Hopefully that makes sense.
I'm not arguing with the theory(a very good one actuall...makes you think) but I would say from what I've seen that shadow clones have no stamina. They vanish as soon as you hit them.
Old 2004-05-10, 06:07   Link #346
katon
Some random dude

Well I guess it doesnt matter than eh?

Anybody know anything about my second question? About the kick that Itachi gave to Kurenai.
Old 2004-05-10, 06:13   Link #347
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Oh and in episode 81, when Itachi kicked kurenai into the water, it seems like she blocked it, but she got pushed back with a lot of force. I mean, he kicked her, she put her arms up to block it., a brief pause, then she goes backwards. I wonder if Itachi kicked, then put chakra into his foot, which then propelled kurenai into the water or was it something else?
Ehhh...it seemed like one motion to me, just that the initial block was zoomed in and slowed down and then the knock back was sped up. The animators probably did it to make the kick look cool and lure in more Itachi fanboys and fangirls. You could however interpret it as a chakra-boosted kick if you want.
Old 2004-05-10, 06:30   Link #348
LuckyStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Ehhh...it seemed like one motion to me, just that the initial block was zoomed in and slowed down and then the knock back was sped up. The animators probably did it to make the kick look cool and lure in more Itachi fanboys and fangirls. You could however interpret it as a chakra-boosted kick if you want.
could be either, or like you say, a matrix effect.

I'm going with the matrix effect
Old 2004-05-10, 10:37   Link #349
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
I don't think there was anything special about that, just a big heavy kick.
Old 2004-05-11, 12:11   Link #350
DAyGO

Send a message via AIM to DAyGO Send a message via MSN to DAyGO Send a message via Yahoo to DAyGO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta
I don't think there was anything special about that, just a big heavy kick.
just cause u block it doesnt mean that it wasnt felt u still gain the impact of the force. law of motion
Old 2004-05-11, 15:30   Link #351
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
to put this in medical terminalogy, the reason the animators portrayed that kick in such a unconventional manner was to hightlight the communal understanding that "Itachi is TEH r0x0r," and furthermore to illustrate "Itachi > j00."

:fingers:
WHAT?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-05-11, 15:34   Link #352
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi_shay
WHAT?
No no, I totally agree with him; that's pretty much what I said six-posts ago. ^_^
Old 2004-05-12, 01:32   Link #353
HoboGod
Necromancer

yea, it was pretty much a joke. what i'm trying to say is that something as trivial as a kick is being overanalysing. the kick was impressive, but it isn't something that should be speculated about and tried to disect.
Old 2004-05-12, 06:38   Link #354
katon
Some random dude

Well, I cant help the fact that the question crossed my mind, but yeah, I guess it's just one of those super kicks or whateva. Thanx anywayz to ppl who answered my questions.
Old 2004-05-12, 08:01   Link #355
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

question

if the final exams for graduating out of the academy is to do a bushin then how in the heck did Rock Lee manage to graduate and become a genin?
manga spoiler
Spoiler:

also every chance they get they make sure to point out that rock lee can only do taijutsu and can't do any other jutsu.
so how in the world did he manage to pass?
Old 2004-05-12, 08:58   Link #356
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmic
question

if the final exams for graduating out of the academy is to do a bushin then how in the heck did Rock Lee manage to graduate and become a genin?
manga spoiler
Spoiler:

also every chance they get they make sure to point out that rock lee can only do taijutsu and can't do any other jutsu.
Maybe the exam for graduatiang is a different one for each year? Either that or they did make an exception for Lee because he got other skills a ninja must have.

Thirdly: I think they chose the bunshin for the plot only because Naruto sucks at doing bunshin, but he learned doing Kagebunshin after all. Also it is kind of stupid to let them graduate just because they can do *one* jutsu without regarding the other skills.
Old 2004-05-12, 09:18   Link #357
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmic
question

manga spoiler
Spoiler:

he does have the ability to use ninjutsu, to say he can't use it at all is probably an exaggeration. (see picture below)

Spoiler for kabuto's data from chuunin exam.:
Old 2004-05-12, 09:29   Link #358
LuckyStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
he does have the ability to use ninjutsu, to say he can't use it at all is probably an exaggeration. (see picture below)

Spoiler for kabuto's data from chuunin exam.:
During the prelim fight Gaara Vs Lee, Gai mentions he can't do any Gen or Nin Justsu at all.

Who would know better? His sensei or a sound spy?
Old 2004-05-12, 09:39   Link #359
HoboGod
Necromancer

well, i think it is more reasonable to think kabuto's data is correct and he was able to do bushin no jutsu than it is to think that orochimaru's right hand man is wrong and lee passed that acadamy test with below average taijutsu alone ONLY because gai suggests that lee can't use ninjutsu and genjutsu.
Old 2004-05-12, 14:12   Link #360
Kagegitsune
Jyuken no Senshi

Send a message via AIM to Kagegitsune
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-san
Hinatas father basically throws Hinata away,
" a defect who is weaker then someone 5 years junior in hyuga family is not needed "
that's the words that the hiashi (hinata and hanabi's) father said when Kurenai asked if it was ok for Hinata to take missions with a chance of death

I'm just waiting for the day when they push Hinata too far and she tears off and kicks hiashi's ass for degrading her. Of course, knowing the Hyuuga, they'd take pride in the Main House's inheritor succeeding the head of the house.
p.s. Neji still owns.
Closed Thread