AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2015-05-21, 06:25   Link #2621
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Seems Satoko's towel sprite got modified a bit since we last saw it.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Source: http://ask.fm/MangaGamerStaff/answer/127361769970

Here hair is darker than there seem to be more shadow, maybe this is to reflect the scene where it is used in? Did the bridge scene happen at sunset? I don't remember accurately anymore the time of day it took place, but if it was at sunset, it is a nice detail of MangaGamer to add to the sprite.

I think the file they uploaded just got its colors fucked. Just compare with her actual sprites in the game that has got the same color as before. And no, the scene didn't happen at sunset, and I don't see them adding it even if that hapenned.

Otherwise.

Quote:
Is Higurashi selling well? When I heard that you guys were going to release all 14 parts I thought "They are going to need some damn good sales on the first installment."
We're actually seeing downright amazing sales for Chapter 1. Units are moving just as well as Go Go Nippon did at launch, if not better.
We're all really excited to see so much fan support and we hope we can bring the next chapter, Watanagashi, to everyone as soon as we can, so make sure to keep sharing news about Higurashi with your friends!
We'll have Ryukishi with us at Anime Expo too, so stop by the booth if you're in the area and want to thank him for creating such an awesome game!

Now if only that could make them translate the rest quicker...
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 06:39   Link #2622
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ask.fm/MangaGamerStaff/answer/127333910002
Do you allow people to make youtube videos of your games? I like to record Higurashi and read it to people, making them aware it exists and hopefully convince them to buy it.
Absolutely. For Onikakushi we're okay with footage being uploaded up to the "Not A Clue" achievement mark, but you can still run livestreams and highlight reels past that point as well.
For more information on our Video Policy, you can read it here or contact our support team:
http://www.mangagamer.com/support.php#streaming
I haven't read much of the new version of Onikakushi, but I suppose the "Not a Clue" achievement is received when Oishi comes talk to Keiichi for the first time.

That seems to be a much too early cut of point to get a good impression of what Higurashi has to offer. Most of what a viewer has as seen at that point is only buildup. I would at least include one scare moment like for example Rena first "LIES!!!" scene.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 06:36   Link #2623
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So there's a voice patch available for the Steam version. Would it essentially be a ToS violation?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 09:41   Link #2624
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So there's a voice patch available for the Steam version. Would it essentially be a ToS violation?
They'd be ripped from the PS2/PS3 games, so probably, yeah.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 20:34   Link #2625
Observer1994

Someone ripped the sprites from Sui, pretty stoked about it.

KEY-UTENESS OVERLOAD!
Spoiler:

But I didn't see any Une and Tamura sprites in the folders, however.

I'm referring to this obviously,
Spoiler:

Last edited by Observer1994; 2015-05-27 at 21:03.
Observer1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 11:42   Link #2626
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1994 View Post
Someone ripped the sprites from Sui, pretty stoked about it.

KEY-UTENESS OVERLOAD!
Spoiler:

But I didn't see any Une and Tamura sprites in the folders, however.

I'm referring to this obviously,
Spoiler:
Eh, yeah, Okamura is hella cute indeed.
Spoiler:

And in the end, the only thing about Hou in Sui's files was Hanyu's Sakutarou sprite.
Spoiler for sprite:

Not totally losing hope about a DLC.
Old 2015-05-28, 12:44   Link #2627
st_nick5

If there is DLC, will it be possible to buy it outside of Japan? I'm in the UK, and I dunno how it works exactly. Doesn't the Playstation Store have different regions?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 13:00   Link #2628
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
If there is DLC, will it be possible to buy it outside of Japan? I'm in the UK, and I dunno how it works exactly. Doesn't the Playstation Store have different regions?
You can, but you need to buy a japanese playstation card to pay, which you can get on import websites.
Old 2015-05-29, 11:41   Link #2629
07th

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
And in the end, the only thing about Hou in Sui's files was Hanyu's Sakutarou sprite.
Not totally losing hope about a DLC.
There is music from Hou too, as far as i understood.
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-05, 21:39   Link #2630
kevan3

How do you guys feel about Alchemist adding choices to Higurashi in the Alchemist games? Do you prefer the linearity of the original games, or does the ability to change what happens appeal to you more? If a full PC mod was made of Sui, do you think it would be made exactly like Sui?
kevan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 00:51   Link #2631
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevan3 View Post
How do you guys feel about Alchemist adding choices to Higurashi in the Alchemist games? Do you prefer the linearity of the original games, or does the ability to change what happens appeal to you more? If a full PC mod was made of Sui, do you think it would be made exactly like Sui?
I find it interesting, but I generally prefer Kinetic Novels to Choice-Based ones. If Sui was available here, or if a port was made, I'd definitely play it, but on the whole, I like Higurashi linear- It makes differing protagonists much more natural than selecting them, and the story is written to be linear, each piece and plot element is introduced in a perfect and specific order, and that feels right to me.

On another unrelated note- MangaGamer is releasing DLC for Go!Go!Nippon that adds E-Mote support. How hard would it be for them to create DLC of a similar nature for Higurashi? I've no clue about E-Mote or how it works, but I'd love to see them try something like that.
Old 2015-06-12, 13:34   Link #2632
GrAVit

Planning to start reading it soon. I've just been busy with my internship and whatnot but I've also wanted to save it for late June, since that's when the story itself takes place. lol

I remember last year's summer when I was reading the original Higurashi VN, I think it was Minagoroshi-hen, and the day in the story happened to be the same day as in real life as well lol, June 28th.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 15:31   Link #2633
07th

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
I remember last year's summer when I was reading the original Higurashi VN, I think it was Minagoroshi-hen, and the day in the story happened to be the same day as in real life as well lol, June 28th.
Too bad Minagoroshi-hen never goes further than 23rd of June.
BTW, my favorite arc and the arc that ultimately hooked me on Higurashi and made me a real translator.
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 17:32   Link #2634
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07th View Post
Too bad Minagoroshi-hen never goes further than 23rd of June.
BTW, my favorite arc and the arc that ultimately hooked me on Higurashi and made me a real translator.
Ah, my bad, must've been the 22nd of June IRL as well then. It has been a whole year anyway, guess I'm kinda bad with dates. lol
Old 2015-06-14, 06:18   Link #2635
kevan3

Does anyone know of any other franchises that have a Timeloop aspect like Higurashi? I know and have watched or played many. Hoping to increase my library.
Old 2015-06-14, 07:46   Link #2636
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Does anyone know of any other franchises that have a Timeloop aspect like Higurashi? I know and have watched or played many. Hoping to increase my library.
Weeeell, this kind of "aspect" is usually a plot twist. Like in
Spoiler:
Old 2015-06-14, 11:07   Link #2637
GrAVit

Quote:
There's Steins;Gate but since it's quite a popular one, you might have seen it already. :P
Old 2015-06-14, 20:05   Link #2638
einhorn303

Quote:
Some others that haven't been mentioned:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni (obviously)
All You Need is Kill
Kagerou Project
The Tatami Galaxy
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-14, 20:36   Link #2639
kevan3

I know of Madoka, Blazblue, Corpse Party, Eternal Sonata, and Umineko. Thanks so much, guys!
Old 2015-06-18, 22:42   Link #2640
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
So apparently for Watanagashi, there are new themes to download (including a questionable Rena & Satoko one). Though look who's on the announcement image.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote