AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 26 36.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 30.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 23.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-01, 19:27   Link #61
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Another double-header review!

Last week on K-ON!! . . . . uhh it wasn't a tear-jerker like episode 20? It's about the girls all deciding to try for the same school. And about Yui focusing on her high school legacy, only to have that hilariously backfire. Uhh . . . . Pickles the drummer, doodly-doo, uhh ding-dong doodly, doodly-doo . . . seven especially hopeful school choice picks out of ten.

This week on K-ON!! they tie up the girls studying for exams plot and show that they all passed . . . thus resolving that plot with as much tension as one of Pete Townshend's guitars after a particularly rambunctious concert. Ritsu will hurt you if you don't get the reference. In fact, the girls preparing for the first major decision of their adult lives . . . is this week's B plot. This week's A plot has to do with Azusa and V-day chocolate. There are lots of cute, touching, moments as Azusa reflects on how her older friends will all be gone next year. Lots of funny moments as Ui steers Jun and Azusa away from a future in chemical warfare. But really, this should've been Episode 23 or possibly Episode 24. So this is about as metal as the Sobertown USA No Drugs Allowed Sober Rock-and-Roll show . . . before the whole bad drug trip at the end.

Five innocent passers-by wondering if Mio crawling between their legs on the way to view her exam scores counts as losing their virginity of ten.
Old 2010-09-01, 20:37   Link #62
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

aww, they all made it in together. i like how the colors were all bleak when Azusa realized she was going to be all alone next year.. new season with college k-on and lesbian experimentation?! entirely likely. haha

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-09-01, 20:56   Link #63
Rem0rse

BY FAR THE BEST EPISODE YET!!

LOVED THE END, Really gave me happy-shivers when they counted and then looked up at the board, and then Azusa and Ui receiving the text that they had made it into their collage!!

CANT WAIT for the next episode~~

GAMBATTE KEION!

HTT,KeiOn, We Will NEVER, EVER Forget You, Even Though It's Your Last Year... It Is Not The End For Any Of You~
Old 2010-09-01, 21:07   Link #64
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem0rse View Post
LOVED THE END, Really gave me happy-shivers when they counted and then looked up at the board, and then Azusa and Ui receiving the text that they had made it into their collage!!
Agreed. I really liked the way they did that for some reason (the whole sei no and Ui and Azusa's expressions and reactions to the news). Of course, we all knew they would all get accepted, but still, the scene was very nice
Old 2010-09-01, 23:53   Link #65
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

This episode made me realize that although K-on!! Is just an anime, the connection to real life and happines makes me so freaking emotional that i can't take it! Man I wish i really had friends like that in real life.

Sorry if it doesnt make sense but i can't explain it. It's just a mysterious feelinf k-on gives me
Old 2010-09-01, 23:56   Link #66
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

This episode was a cuteness overload. It equally focused on Azusa/Ui/Jun and the other band members.

I'm still slightly bothered that we're on Episode 22 and we've still only had one real concert. Season 1 had half the episodes and had 3 concerts, each with a new song.

Can't be helped, at least they're giving us tons of new songs separate from the show
Old 2010-09-02, 00:25   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
This episode made me realize that although K-on!! Is just an anime, the connection to real life and happines makes me so freaking emotional that i can't take it! Man I wish i really had friends like that in real life.

Sorry if it doesnt make sense but i can't explain it. It's just a mysterious feelinf k-on gives me
A team working together under pressure/stress can develop those kinds of bonds. Really didn't happen in school but I really did form some tight bonds with people in my first professional job and a few times after that. Some of them I still visit/correspond with many years later.
Old 2010-09-02, 01:47   Link #68
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

LOL @ this comment on the coalguys website:

Spoiler for Language:

Wow, what a character...great episode as always
Old 2010-09-02, 01:47   Link #69
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:

i know that feeling, it made me miss my friends and they have such similarities with the k-on girls. don't ask one of the reasons why I love watching K-On.

sigh, I wished they added Azusa hugging Yui and Ritsu demanding for it. LOL

Last edited by itzglez; 2010-09-02 at 04:03.
Old 2010-09-02, 02:32   Link #70
Blastoise
Forever9

Yaya This episode was awesome. Azusa ohhh <33 =]

But yea like season 1, there were no hints that there was going to be a season 2. so who knows, hopefully they expand on the story. we just got to hope! =]

i was smiling throughout the whole episode. It put me into such a good mood!
Old 2010-09-02, 03:39   Link #71
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Those four flowers in the message - were they lillies? ..... *scratches chin thoughtfully*
Old 2010-09-02, 04:00   Link #72
Sparvid
*hic*

"That's answer three!", says the allergic-to-English Ritsu
Old 2010-09-02, 04:06   Link #73
Midori Sakura

Everything that has happened the last few episodes has reminded me that I should actually be thinking about what I want to do for college, too. It's a sign! Gah, K-ON! knows I have been procrastinating.

But in the meantime...

Is there anybody else grieving over the lack of Mitsu lately? It's getting to the end of the series (sob) and the Mitsu-shipping-fangirl inside of me is not quite satisfied.
Old 2010-09-02, 07:39   Link #74
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori Sakura View Post
Is there anybody else grieving over the lack of Mitsu lately? It's getting to the end of the series (sob) and the Mitsu-shipping-fangirl inside of me is not quite satisfied.
What? You aren't satisfied with Romeo and "Jurietu"? :P
Old 2010-09-02, 10:45   Link #75
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
A team working together under pressure/stress can develop those kinds of bonds. Really didn't happen in school but I really did form some tight bonds with people in my first professional job and a few times after that. Some of them I still visit/correspond with many years later.
That would make sense... I've got some close friends I had met at school (some of the closest I've ever had) and because of the lack of need-to-be-together (like in a team to accomplish things) we don't really have an amazingly tight connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Allergic-to-English yet her favourite band (is hinted to be) The Who?
Old 2010-09-02, 11:13   Link #76
Maccette
VF-1X Original Test Pilot

Quote:

I know exactly what you mean! I'm 30 a guy and I love K-On!, Whenever i sit down and watch an episode or 2, I'm just happy, and it always manages to put me in a good mood, now trying to explain why I watch a show about 4 high school girls to my coworker has been a bit harder to justify, but I will Keep watching!
Old 2010-09-02, 12:38   Link #77
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Allergic-to-English yet her favourite band (is hinted to be) The Who?
Just a ploy to avoid studying English.

She has the Britain flag in her room.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:03   Link #78
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Weather, Shinto, gifts, feelings, transitions .... they really pulled out the stops here. Somehow the production staff manages to keep ramping up each episode. The attention to detail and nuance makes this very rewatchable.

... The Who. Probably the closest we'll get to a rendition of the Slappy Squirrel parody of "Who's on First".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlXjIg4fH74
Old 2010-09-02, 14:34   Link #79
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Weather, Shinto, gifts, feelings, transitions .... they really pulled out the stops here. Somehow the production staff manages to keep ramping up each episode. The attention to detail and nuance makes this very rewatchable.

... The Who. Probably the closest we'll get to a rendition of the Slappy Squirrel parody of "Who's on First".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlXjIg4fH74
No matter how many times I see that skit, it never gets old.
Old 2010-09-02, 15:24   Link #80
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Those four flowers in the message - were they lillies? ..... *scratches chin thoughtfully*
Those four flowers were cherry blossoms. The messge,Cherry blossom comes out, means passing the entrance exam. Entrance exam is held in Feb.,and the result of the exan comes out in Mar. Mar is the month when cherry blossoms come out.
So people used such message. But, this message was used in long time ago.
I wonder why Yui knows it. At least, I have not known until yesterday.
Closed Thread